• 2(current)
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote
That's funny, I just started on working on a remote for WP7 yesterday. I guess I should have checked here first. So far mine is pretty similar with a few differences. Just a few questions if you don't mind answering.

1. How much are you going to charge?
2. Are you using the json-rpc api or the httpapi? Probably a silly question since the httpapi is set to be deprecated. If your using the json-rpc, how did you get the banners for the tv shows? I am only seeing the fanart and the poster images.
3. Would you mind sharing where I can find information on implementing the jump list? Just nice to know no matter what project your working on.

I do love developing in Silverlight. I've only worked on it for about two days and I have so much done already.

Thanks
sepponearth Wrote:This looks AWESOME.

I just decided to get the HD7 yesterday. This will be the first app I buy (assuming it is in the marketplace on the 8th when it arrives)

Thanks man. I hope it gets approved soon. I am having some hard time passing certification because of difificult testing setup for them.
darick_c Wrote:That's funny, I just started on working on a remote for WP7 yesterday. I guess I should have checked here first. So far mine is pretty similar with a few differences. Just a few questions if you don't mind answering.

1. How much are you going to charge?
2. Are you using the json-rpc api or the httpapi? Probably a silly question since the httpapi is set to be deprecated. If your using the json-rpc, how did you get the banners for the tv shows? I am only seeing the fanart and the poster images.
3. Would you mind sharing where I can find information on implementing the jump list? Just nice to know no matter what project your working on.

I do love developing in Silverlight. I've only worked on it for about two days and I have so much done already.

Thanks
Nice. Glad to see you are having fun with silverlight and WP7 development.
Regarding cost, I will probably have a free trial version and may be a $2.99. I am interested in hearing if this seems reasonable and will probably update based on the feedback. The trial version I am limited to 100 medias in first release.
I am using JSON-RPC and HTTPAPI for remote keys (as there is no support from JSON RPC yet).

For jumplist, there are few examples on the web but I have heard it might be available soon via toolkit.
Hello All,

The app is published to marketplace and ready to try out on you new windows phone.
The deep link (you need Zune software) -http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=pho...237de2db9e

In addition, searching XBMC from your windows phone marketplace should let you find it..

Thanks to everybody for the motivation and support. Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think...I am 100% sure you will like the performance. It has demo mode to let you play without connecting to your XBMC.
Ugh no offense but movie/tv show browsing is unusable and it crashes frequently. The lists need some serious work (Extremely slow and choppy to scroll) You need to test it on a real phone as the performance on the emulator does not give a proper indication of what it will be like on the phone.
XBMC Remote7 an XBMC library browser/remote for Windows Phone 7.
Xbmc-Json a .NET XBMC JSON API Library.
Xbmc-Remote-Control a .NET based XBMC library browser and remote for Windows, Linux and OS X.
Thanks dstruktiv.. I did test on real phone but will look into this again. Thanks for letting me know.
BTW, there is a trial version which should be a good way to test without worrying about charge. Its fully functional so shoudl give a good idea of look and feel.

Thanks for trying and giving me feedback to make it better.
Hi Hello_man,
I found out why I can't connect! I'm not using a dharma build. I will upgrade when a final release is done and try your app again.
As a side note how did they manage to test the application for approval given that it requires xbmc?
I ask because im about to submit a sabznzbd+ app for wm7 and am wondering how it will get approved without them installing sabnzbd!!
Could the remote option be on the main menu, with movies and tv, instead of being on the context menu? Or make the items that appear on the main menu user customizable?
bean_ian Wrote:Hi Hello_man,
I found out why I can't connect! I'm not using a dharma build. I will upgrade when a final release is done and try your app again.
As a side note how did they manage to test the application for approval given that it requires xbmc?
I ask because im about to submit a sabznzbd+ app for wm7 and am wondering how it will get approved without them installing sabnzbd!!

Hey Sabnzbd, thanks for trying. Yeah the approval was real fun. It failed 4 times and required me to add test mode. In additional I setup a test server and shared test credentials for testing.

You should be able to setup a test server if possible and share the credentials. See if that helps. Otherwise, just make sure you explicitly explain the requirements in the app description and leave a note to the testers.

Hope this helps.
lewisc Wrote:Could the remote option be on the main menu, with movies and tv, instead of being on the context menu? Or make the items that appear on the main menu user customizable?

Hi Lewisc, thanks for the suggestion. Let me see how best I can do that. Keep suggestions coming.
BTW, did you try the app on phone? how did you like it?
I got the full version the moment it came out and I'm using it on my Samsung Omnia 7. Overall I like the app and the remote interface specifically.

Also would it be possible to pull down the watched flags on movies and tv shows?
lewisc Wrote:I got the full version the moment it came out and I'm using it on my Samsung Omnia 7. Overall I like the app and the remote interface specifically.

Also would it be possible to pull down the watched flags on movies and tv shows?

Awesome, thanks for trying. Yes, that's definetly one of the feature you can expect in next release (next to next I would say as an update is in testing right now) Smile
Just FYI.. an update went live over the weekend. No new features but better image handling and scrolling performance.
Let me know your feedback
thanks
Is this also compatible with an XBMC installation on an XBOX?
I've multiple XBOX's around the house (living room, terras, bed room,...). Is it possible to switch between different systems like I do on my XBMC remote app for iPhone?

Thanks for your great work. Looks cool and fast!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Phone 7 XBMC Remote0