Next repo release?
After reading through all of the posts it looks like quite a lot has been added to Shade since the first repo release. Any timeline on when the next official repo release will be?

Also, have the case sensitity issues (image names) been corrected in Git yet? I would like to upgrade to the latest nightly of Shade on my Revo, and can report any other issues I see on Linux. Was just wondering if the first issues I reported regarding this had been addressed before I give the latest nightly a go again. Thanks for all the great work on Shade.

-hogfan
hogfan Wrote:After reading through all of the posts it looks like quite a lot has been added to Shade since the first repo release. Any timeline on when the next official repo release will be?

Also, have the case sensitity issues (image names) been corrected in Git yet? I would like to upgrade to the latest nightly of Shade on my Revo, and can report any other issues I see on Linux. Was just wondering if the first issues I reported regarding this had been addressed before I give the latest nightly a go again. Thanks for all the great work on Shade.

-hogfan

I havent addressed any of the issues with case sensitivity as its hard for me to test since I dont use Linux. Could you roll through the skin and make note of where images are missing?

The next Repo release will have quite a few new features or enhancements. I am currently working on a BIG update that I havent shown anyone yet. Stay tuned.
To learn more, click here.
Sure I can help out with the case sensitivity. This is a critical part of the skin as there are a ton of people that use XBMC Live. This can also be an issue on Mac OSX, depending on the filesystem being used. Personally I don't know anybody that uses Mac OSX Journaling (case sensitive) file system, but this would create the same issue.

Do you have any standard naming convention for the images? Should they all be lowercase filenames? Is it the actual filenames that are the incorrect case, or the reference to them in the XML files? Any info you can provide on this will assist me in tracking down the issues so that you can fix them.

-hogfan
hogfan Wrote:Sure I can help out with the case sensitivity. This is a critical part of the skin as there are a ton of people that use XBMC Live. This can also be an issue on Mac OSX, depending on the filesystem being used. Personally I don't know anybody that uses Mac OSX Journaling (case sensitive) file system, but this would create the same issue.

Do you have any standard naming convention for the images? Should they all be lowercase filenames? Is it the actual filenames that are the incorrect case, or the reference to them in the XML files? Any info you can provide on this will assist me in tracking down the issues so that you can fix them.

-hogfan

I didnt have any real standardization, (BIG MISTAKE). They will be a combination of upper and lower case file names. Where I messed up is I just coded the wrong case for the image. If a view looks funny and you know something is missing, check the code and compare the file names.
To learn more, click here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Next repo release?0