• 28(current)
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status
Ok i'll set the record straight as there seems too much jibber-jabber going on here

As far as i know there are 5 options for using kodi or a HTPC as a slingbox client, i have listed these below with working/non working status:

1) Use Slingfront, an external program which runs on top of kodi once accessed through the special slingfront "plugin"if you can call it that. Slingfront has a seperate forum at gamex but it appears support dried up a long time ago. So far this is the best solution i have found. Verdict: WORKS
2) Use the HTPC Solutions Sling Client Plugin as referenced by @03stevensmi above. I have used it, it is legit and it does work albeit i cant get the remote controls working yet and support is non-existant. Verdict: WORKS
3) Adding the slingbox as a source per the OP and wiki here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Slingbox. i cannot get this to work and have tried aggressively to get it to function, some users have reported they have it working but using only older slingbox models. Verdict: WORKS on earlier slingbox models presumably prior to Pro-HD and 350 per first page of this thread.
4) Use the official windows slingplayer app downloaded/installed to your HTPC. Verdict: WORKS but obviously not in kodi and is painfully limited in functionality (the lack of an option to fire it up straight to fullscreen streaming boils my p*ss)
5) Use the official slingplayer web browser app with IE plugin. Verdict: WORKS but again not integral to kodi and with limitations

I am using option 1, slingfront right now. Its crap but better than a kick in the butt. I am attempting to get option 2 controls working

Does that clear things up?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status3