• 5(current)
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status
XBMC and Slingbox support running on a $99 ATV 2. Now that would be awesome. Once you put the code in SVN should it theoretically work?

Tolax
tolax Wrote:XBMC and Slingbox support running on a $99 ATV 2. Now that would be awesome. Once you put the code in SVN should it theoretically work?

Tolax

I know. The thought of this gives me a "techno-boner!" As I understand it, the current ATV2 jailbreak is tethered, so each ATV2 reboot requires a Mac OS yo inject the XBMC code to run it. However, I'm guessi g once they figuere out a non-tethered JB, the SVN code should work every time (don't hold me to this - just theory).

$99 ATV2+XBMC w/SlingBox support= Epic WIN!

Me, I'm waiting for the Windows JB for ATV2. Man, I've never been into Apple, but this ATV2 (even unjailbroken) is really cool. Guess I should now sell my Seagate FreeAgent HD+ - rhat aint gonna ever get XBMC love like i had hoped Wink
Harry Muscle Wrote:Thanks for that piece of info. I'll make sure to add it to the code. I've been away from programming for a few weeks and it'll probably be another few weeks before I can continue working on this again. I believe there's some minor changes that have been requested to my code before it gets accepted into the SVN, so you won't see it in the SVN just yet, but soon. The changes requested are just a few hours worth of work ... I just have to find the time.

Thanks,
Harry

I'm not sure if you can provide any help for this, but I'm stuck at 'make' here. I patched using the same rev as stated in the patch (I have to manually patch the VS2010 files, but since I'm using linux, I don't think that matters) then it bootstraps/configures properly, but when I run make towards the end I get:

Code:
xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreams.a(DVDInputStreamTV.o): In function `CDVDInputStreamTV::Open(char const*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)':
/home/wesley/Downloads/xbmc-install/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDInputStreams/DVDInputStreamTV.cpp:60: undefined reference to `XFILE::CSlingboxFile::CSlingboxFile()'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FactoryDirectory.o): In function `XFILE::CFactoryDirectory::Create(CStdStr<char> const&)':
/home/wesley/Downloads/xbmc-install/xbmc/FileSystem/FactoryDirectory.cpp:177: undefined reference to `XFILE::CSlingboxDirectory::CSlingboxDirectory()'
xbmc/FileSystem/filesystem.a(FileFactory.o): In function `XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader(CURL const&)':
/home/wesley/Downloads/xbmc-install/xbmc/FileSystem/FileFactory.cpp:134: undefined reference to `XFILE::CSlingboxFile::CSlingboxFile()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any suggestions?
Well, I believe I fixed the above error. I simply added the Slingbox.cpp and lib/SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.cpp to the Makefile located in xbmc/FileSystem and the compile ran smoothly after that.

Now it just doesn't work. Lol. Sad

I have the output from xbmc.log if anyone can help.
Hi Harry,

I have got a question to you: I saw your post on this forum as I want to add VLC in VB.NET. However, how can I watch the slingbox through with VLC using with VB.NET code properties?
wturnerharris Wrote:Well, I believe I fixed the above error. I simply added the Slingbox.cpp and lib/SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.cpp to the Makefile located in xbmc/FileSystem and the compile ran smoothly after that.

Now it just doesn't work. Lol. Sad

I have the output from xbmc.log if anyone can help.

Can you post the xbmc.log file to pastebin.com and post the link here? I'll try to take a look and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Harry
Harry,

Terrible question to ask, but any view on when this might make it into the SVN?

Tolax
tolax Wrote:Harry,

Terrible question to ask, but any view on when this might make it into the SVN?

Tolax

I finally started working on the code again today ... just trying to switch over everything to Git to begin with, but once that's done, and I make the minor changes requested by the mods, it's gonna wait for the mods to approve and get it added. Hopefully my part will be done by latest middle of next week.

Thanks,
Harry
harry, do you know how to code for slingsdk in vb.net??
Got some good news for those that have been waiting to try this but didn't want to go thru the process of compiling, etc. Here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=468BLANO you can find a compiled version of XBMC for Windows. It's based on GIT commit 4b398fe55699325a2e8ae7ef880abb167de2890f (which if from February 11, 2011 @ 6:27:20PM). Only problem is that there's currently no nightly builds (with installer and all the support files, etc.) available officially. However, I believe you can get your hands on some from about a month ago here: http://sshcs.com/xbmc/?mode=DLC&FA=XBMC&...744&TF=rar (or just go to http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ and follow the prompts) and then just swap the exe file that I provided in the first link. I haven't actually tested that combination, but unless something major was changed on the skin or other support files it should work I presume. Maybe whoever is the first to try could just report back and let everyone else know. If I had more time I'd try it myself, but it's either that or continue working on the changes requested by the mods to get this officially into XBMC.

Thanks,
Harry

P.S. Since XBMC has moved over to GIT my latest posted patch is a pain to apply, so if there's anyone who wants to compile the latest and greatest version of XBMC from GIT with my patch, I can make a copy of it available designed for GIT. Just ask and I'll upload it.

P.P.S. For those trying this out and not wanting to read the ticket on how to add the Slingbox ... basically just add a new source in the format of:
sling://username: password@slingboxaddress: port (username has to be either administrator or viewer)
chris0147 Wrote:harry, do you know how to code for slingsdk in vb.net??

If you'd stop spamming my PM inbox with your messages I might respond. Having said that ... no I do not know VB.NET, C++ yes, VB.NET no.

Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:If you'd stop spamming my PM inbox with your messages I might respond. Having said that ... no I do not know VB.NET, C++ yes, VB.NET no.

Harry

I am sorry about that, but I felt annoying when you ignored my post. However, could you please post the C++ coding for set up the properties of slingsdk??

Please post the code through PM.

Cheers!!!
chris0147 Wrote:I am sorry about that, but I felt annoying when you ignored my post. However, could you please post the C++ coding for set up the properties of slingsdk??

Please post the code through PM.

Cheers!!!

I'll share a little secret with you ... don't use SlingboxSDK, try SlingboxLib instead. I can't right now but later today I'll post more details about it. Just please leave my inbox alone Smile

Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:I'll share a little secret with you ... don't use SlingboxSDK, try SlingboxLib instead. I can't right now but later today I'll post more details about it. Just please leave my inbox alone Smile

Harry

Ok, do you know where i can get slingboxLib? I don't have it on my computer?
chris0147 Wrote:Ok, do you know where i can get slingboxLib? I don't have it on my computer?

I haven't had a chance to host it on my site yet, so I uploaded it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FTUQOMWM . You should find this way easier to understand and use than SlingboxSDK ... then again of course I'd say that cause I wrote it Smile

Harry
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status3