Multiple External USB Drives
Hello,

I have 8 2 TB external drives. I swap them routinely. Is there a way to make the XBMC library retain the information from each drive?

Meaning, if I'm trying to play something and the film is in Drive A, is there a way I can have it either tell me what drive it is in or at least retain the library information?

I'm not really sure how to have this set up, but keeping the drives in and on all the time won't work with the setup I have.

Many thanks!
jrockford Wrote:Hello,

I have 8 2 TB external drives. I swap them routinely. Is there a way to make the XBMC library retain the information from each drive?

Meaning, if I'm trying to play something and the film is in Drive A, is there a way I can have it either tell me what drive it is in or at least retain the library information?

I'm not really sure how to have this set up, but keeping the drives in and on all the time won't work with the setup I have.

Many thanks!

Not yet, but hopefully soon. See here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80147 if you want the nitty gritty details Smile

Harry
ok! Thanks for the link - I'll keep my eye on it, because I really prefer the XBMC interface to the other htpc ones I've tried!

As it stands, without this patch, what happens in XBMC if you don't have all your hard drives turned on all the time or you are swapping stuff, etc.

Does it just disappear from your library? Permanently? Temporarily?

Thanks!
I know old Thread Smile

Ill have the same Problem soon. I guess nothing happens as long as you dont clean your library.

XBMC keeps everything in its library until you clean it...
LOL, Thats some serious storage!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple External USB Drives0