• 4(current)
[LINUX] OpenELEC.tv Linux Distro on Apple TV - Success!
great!

all i can say is "can't wait to try this out!"

thanks!
It will be supper if you could install flash accelarion on crystalhd:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=621383&postcount=2
i am thinking about making my ATV 1g into a dedicated linux/xbmc box and removing ATVOS altogether, and then getting an ATV 2g to use for ATVOS.

the openelec distribution and ease of use/upgrade/downgrade/etc... sounds awesome. can't wait for Friday!
First of all, thanks for your awesome work!

While waiting for your apple tv image being released (and for my apple tv being delivered), I would like to ask a question about the packages included and installable on your distribution.
Will it be possible to add manually additional software, maybe compiling directly from source or adapting packages provided by other distributions (rpm or deb format)?
I read that you will be adding Transmission, but for example I'm used to couple it with FlexGet, or someone would be interested in adding a ftp server, or a webmin administration interface... someone else could completely disregard any additional software and prefer to maintain its installation as lightweight as possible...

Thanks again, can't wait to setup this distro
deraaij Wrote:Update:
Image will be released next friday :-)

Was this going to be released here, or?
Also, was it today (Friday), or Friday, 10/22?
I was wondering the same thing. Very interested the possibilities this may offer.
same here ....can't wait.....hope there it will be released today
Hi all,

JDizzy Wrote:Was this going to be released here, or?

i have to fix some small problems (maybe you know, samll problems are bad :-) ), which i have since yesterday, so i cant release an official image today. But i think i have found some interesting solutions the last days.... Rolleyes

I hope i can release the officially image on Monday or Tuesday, because my son has birthday this weekend :-)

many thanks for waiting again some days :-)
greetings, Stephan

openelec.tv Wrote:because my son has birthday this weekend :-)

Wünsche Euch eine schöne Feier! :rolleyes2:
JDizzy Wrote:Was this going to be released here, or?

w00dst0ck Wrote:Wünsche Euch eine schöne Feier! :rolleyes2:

thanks a lot :-)
greetings, Stephan

um isnt it friday?
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
Rolleyes Look up exact four posts from here. Rolleyes
some people just want everything right away and for free

i hate that
I'm very keen on testing this new distro. ATM I'm using XBMC (with BCM970015) on the OSX base, but sometimes the menues feel a little bit sluggish, so I planed to try a Linux version for a long time.
Semi-OT: How fast is the USB port on the AppleTV? I did some research for a new USB stick, but I'm not sure if the extra money spent on a stick with read/write speeds of 40/30 MByte/s is worth it, or if a 30/25 MByte/s might be fast enough to saturate the port.
Xbmc on OS X will only output on 720p, apparently OS X doesn't do 1080p on the AppleTV. Another reason to switch to Linux on that thing Smile.
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] OpenELEC.tv Linux Distro on Apple TV - Success!2