• 5(current)
[LINUX] OpenELEC.tv Linux Distro on Apple TV - Success!
got a quick question:

is my tv supports only 720p, is there a way to set the output to 720p ?)
grey Wrote:got a quick question:

is my tv supports only 720p, is there a way to set the output to 720p ?)

yep
openelec.tv Wrote:Hi all,

I hope i can release the officially image on Monday or Tuesday, because my son has birthday this weekend :-)

many thanks for waiting again some days :-)

Hi Stephan,
I hope you had a good birthday party

any ETA for the release ? cant wait to try it Rolleyes

thanks for your work - looks like a great system
Patience is a virtue Smile But damn it sucks when the Broadcom chip came through the door today
bleze Wrote:Patience is a virtue Smile But damn it sucks when the Broadcom chip came through the door today

lol, very true.

Piece of advice for everyone who is thinking of changing their hdd for ssd or cf card: if you're using usb hub DON'T use power supply for one. I just killed my cf card, before I killed ssd drive, I didn't know how, now I know :/
Offtopic, but does the use of CF or SSD reduce the heat?
w00dst0ck Wrote:Offtopic, but does the use of CF or SSD reduce the heat?

yes
docentore Wrote:Piece of advice for everyone who is thinking of changing their hdd for ssd or cf card: if you're using usb hub DON'T use power supply for one. I just killed my cf card, before I killed ssd drive, I didn't know how, now I know :/

Can you please elaborate on what you mean here? Thanks
bleze Wrote:Can you please elaborate on what you mean here? Thanks

I meant that while having USB hub with external power supply connected to ATV usb port one can damage a storage device connected to internal ATA port if it is flash based device (SSD or CF card). I think they work on the same 5V bus as USB port (or there is only one bus - same thing).
bleze Wrote:Patience is a virtue Smile But damn it sucks when the Broadcom chip came through the door today

Even when you have it at home already for some time waiting is hard :-)
Any update ? I know patience is a vertue :-) but still :-)
Nice work guys. I was going to build a distro like this for xbmc but you guys beat me to it. Any new date for when the ATV build will be released?

Will this be announced here or on openelec.tv under the files/builds?

excited for this one.
Smile 
Hi,

_C4_ Wrote:Nice work guys. I was going to build a distro like this for xbmc but you guys beat me to it.

if you want you can help a bit with various things :-)

_C4_ Wrote:Any new date for when the ATV build will be released?

no, not actually. The last week i had some problems i have fixed with some packages. so i was not able to build any image. this is now mostly fixed, so i can work again on all the needed things.

_C4_ Wrote:Will this be announced here or on openelec.tv under the files/builds?

i think i will announce this here, my other OpenELEC.tv thread and for sure on http://www.openelec.tv :-)
greetings, Stephan

Smile 
Ashmodai Wrote:Any update ? I know patience is a vertue :-) but still :-)

I am trying actually to have an working sound over hdmi together with latest kernel, latest xorg and latest software (OpenELEC.tv everytime uses latest software, and it makes no sense for me to use 2-3 year old software only to support ATV).

I have an working sound over hdmi now since some days. more info about this you will find here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83057
greetings, Stephan

Hi Stephan,

I was so smart to break the IDE cable of my apple TV. Now I wanted to take out the HDD anyway, and run just from USB stick.

However with Pins image I can't boot without the HDD. Will this be possible with your image?

thanks
Jelle

PS I also asked the question in the crystalbuntu thread
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] OpenELEC.tv Linux Distro on Apple TV - Success!2