[LINUX] HDHomeRun DVB device driver for Linux (tested with MythTV, Tvheadend, & more)
Thumbs Up 
Last month a DVB driver for the HDHomerun popped up on the Silicon dust forum:

http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9153

The ATSC HDHomeruns don't seem to be working yet, but I figured I would get the word out so others can help test and maybe that situation could get fixed.

I still think that the HDHomerun makes the perfect device to add PVR functions to an ION box, and that with TVheadend support many more people can make use of the eventual PVR release. I mean, those ION boxes lack PCI ports!

Of course I have to mention that the yaVDR team is making some good progress on the HDHomerun front too, and I personally can't wait for their upcoming release.

Im also interested in trying the box. HDHomerun would make a nice couple with my ion box =)

What i wonder is which box will be more future proof, an hdhomerun or an dreambox ??
I have not made upp my mind what to get and what will be best for the pvr branch.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
I too have a HDhomerun box pulling in over the air HDTV and would love to see it working with TV Guide and DVR from inside my Revo running XBMC Live.
Any owner of a Revo who wants to use the PVR branch one day should be a huge HDhomerun fan!

Love my hdhomerun. It was worth the little extra it cost compared to pci and pcix cards out there.
I'm also keeping an eye on the YaVDR project. Wish I knew German. Smile I see they recently updated their blog. (They put Debian on their Dockstar. I'm rocking that too. Very nice and cheap little machine. You guys should check it out.)
poofyhairguy Wrote:Any owner of a Revo who wants to use the PVR branch one day should be a huge HDhomerun fan!

Any special reason why revo?
Wont my ion do ?
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
alex84 Wrote:Any special reason why revo?
Wont my ion do ?

I could be wrong, but
I think revos are lacking extra pci slot to put a tvtuner card

-=Jason=-
alex84 Wrote:Any special reason why revo?
Wont my ion do ?

No reason any PC based XBMC system won't do. I use it with my custom ION box and my large hackintosh HTPC.

The reason I point out Revos are because:

1. They are the unofficial system of XBMC with a large userbase on this forum. I figured the best way to drum up support for the HDHomerun was to point out the largest group that will benefit from the work.

2. Revos, like Zboxes or any other complete ION system, lacks a PCI(e) port to stick a TV Tuner card in. The only solutions for these systems that will work with the PVR branch are either USB tuners (from which I cannot find a decent one that works with TVHeadend well in ATSC) or the HDHomerun.

3. The HDHomerun takes a TV signal and dumps it on a network. Its the most
open source friendly tuner on the planet, and for a while it seemed that it was gonna be useless with the PVR brach of the best open source media center on the planet (through no one's fault). This driver changes everything.

just run tvheadend with that dvb driver, and connect xbmc to tvheadend.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Question 
I’m setting up a dedicated XBMC HTPC this week and need some direction on adding Live TV and PVR functionality.

First I’d like to state how utterly impressed I am with the project. I did an XBMC Live installation immediately after putting the hardware together and was pleasantly surprised at how well everything worked out of the box. As an engineer I deal with a lot of terrible software every day and it’s refreshing to see a product with this high level of polish and stability. My thanks to all XBMC contributors for their work on this fantastic project.

My hardware configuration is the following:

- Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11 (ION 2 chipset, 2 GB DDR2, 32 GB SSD)
- 2 TB external HDD (5400 RPM, eSATA)
- HDHomeRun dual digital tuner (to clearQAM cable)

The HTPC will be hooked up to our living room HDTV and will take on media streaming as well as live TV / DVR duties. As I mentioned above I’ve got a basic XBMC Live install running very well, and now I need to add Live TV and DVR functionality. I’ve done some research on the forums and although I have found a lot of information, I’m not sure which is applicable to my needs and hardware configuration. I would appreciate some pointers on how to get started.

Thanks in advance for your help!
The most useful threads are here..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62696
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72940

I'm using the pvr-testing branch and it works well but I have no idea what the support for the HDHomeRun device is like.

This will work.... http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HDHomeRun but I'm not sure it's exactly what you're looking for since it won't use the PVR branch and will just be a media source to watch live TV, not record it.
Hello,
I don't know if it's the good place for this message, but I think that the information is important and can be usefull for the next XBMC version with PVR add-on.

I found on sourceforge a DVB driver for HDhomerun device. You can use it with softwares that can't have HDhomerun compatibilities like HTS-TVheadend.

You can find more informations in :
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9153 and http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/dvbhdhomerun/

Regards
XBMC AddOn to control your lights with XBMC
I am personally very excited about this development. I have been playing with the driver for two weeks now...

Hi, I'm very happy to see a reply to my post.

I test this driver and I think it will be a good componant for the next gen XBMC with PVR add-on. But I don't know why, noboby talks about it in the forum.

Regards
XBMC AddOn to control your lights with XBMC
I am looking forward to spending some time on this...

I currently have a dedicated old P4-2ghz, running Win2003 and TV Scheduler Pro
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tvschedulerpro/

While this has been running flawlessly for over 3 years, I am keen to get that extra level of integration.

I am hoping to run the yaVDR distro, hosted on a Win2008R2 box with Hyper-V. Because my tuner is network based (HDHomeRun) then my Virtual machine will be able to use it!

Goals:
No more flicking inputs from HDMI-1 to DigitalTV, and changing the input on the amp so that I get better sound.

No more using a PC and browser to schedule recording

No more dedicated box to record tv, 80w of power.

My current solution is good, but PVR functionality and a Virtual machine is the icing on the cake!

Bring on Eden!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HDHomeRun DVB device driver for Linux (tested with MythTV, Tvheadend, & more)1