[LINUX] HDHomeRun DVB device driver for Linux (tested with MythTV, Tvheadend, & more)
i see all this talk of a DVB driver for the HDHomerun, but what about NTSC? I just bought a hdhomerun thinking i could finally get it to work with XBMC, and while the strm files work, I'd really like to be able to record stuff!
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
I second the PVR support for HDHomerun, I would love to see XBMC PVR branch use the HDHomerun as a device for live playback, and recording - if this is something I can already do, I am not sure how, and have been unable to find anything on it.

DO I have to run something like HTS-TVheadend as well as XBMC? WIll XBMC ever have built in capabilities, or will it always rely on other 'middleware'?
I've you're already running Linux, just install MythTV. It works great with the HomeRun devices and it's really not that hard to set up. Then you have lots of options on how to manage/watch recordings. And MythTV actually doesn't tie up that much of your system resources. I've had MythTV running with XBMC on an Acer Revo 1600 for quite some time with no issues whatsoever.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HDHomeRun DVB device driver for Linux (tested with MythTV, Tvheadend, & more)1