• 7(current)
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion
zwat Wrote:
Code:
A suggested method of creating a theme is as follows:
Run TexturePacker.exe on the folder containing the default texture files, to generate Textures.xbt as you would normally do.
Identify the textures you wish to have themed and copy them to a separate folder.
Create a separate folder for each theme outside of your normal skin work area, and place the altered copies of each of the textures in them.
Run TexturePacker.exe on each of the theme folders created in step 3 to create the themed .xbt files (note you can use the -output switch with TexturePacker.exe to name the theme appropriately).
Place Textures.xbt and each of the theme .xbt files in the media/ folder of your skin. XBMC will automatically pick them up.
don't look that hard

Oh sorry I got confused for a second, the unpacking is the hard part. In other words unpacking an XBT file into folder structure is what I meant to say is difficult.

Also texturepacker.exe, where the heck is it? I can't seem to find a download for it ANYWHERE.

Wikipage for it is gone also.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=TexturePacker
TexturePacker

u don't need to unpack, just do git to get the structure and replace the files u want for new texture and save it as mobious.xbt or something. either whole texture folder or the changed files.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
zwat Wrote:TexturePacker

u don't need to unpack, just do git to get the structure and replace the files u want for new texture and save it as mobious.xbt or something. either whole texture folder or the changed files.

Thanks man!
Fantastic skin, love it!

One question though how do I enable CDArt? I just can't figure it out.

Thanks, keep the excellent work up mate it's lovely Big Grin
Cdart is an addon I believe

-=Jason=-
titanUK Wrote:Fantastic skin, love it!

One question though how do I enable CDArt? I just can't figure it out.

Thanks, keep the excellent work up mate it's lovely Big Grin

Flomaster Wrote:Cdart is an addon I believe

-=Jason=-

As long as things are setup correct, cdART will automatically show, there is no setting to check...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
yeah I recall adding cdArt as an addon, having it scrap my library and download the cdArts, from there it just worked

-=Jason=-
mcborzu Wrote:1. I did have the title on Showcase w/fanart option then took it out, should make it an option though...
2. Poster view- Since that one of the views that define "Night" probably best leave that view alone.
3. Might be open to lowering the size but not everything has to revolve around fanart, in my opinion....
4. I'll look into that episode file view labels....

thanks for reading my sugestions, i just trying to help as i can, i loved this skin. and i hope it gets better and better!

ps: we are a huge family of fanart lovers here, thats why we just love the "Fanart+logo" for tv shows! freak brillant!

maybe in this screen you can put on the top left coner the channel logo loke "HBO" for 'Tru Blood'

Again just a sugestion ( maybe could be put as a option! )
if u like fanart, logo and flags u can check out my small changes to a couple of views of night.
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
There is a typo in the search button (pressing up 2x in the movies menu)

Smile
I noticed the logo script was updated, does it automatically up date for night or do we need to wait for it to be implemented into night?

-=Jason=-
it's compatible.
I noticed that when going into: settings>skins>Movies/Tv> click on the logo script that it only looks for logo's not thumbs,cleararts,posters, banners.

for the logo script when pressing info on a tv show I have changed my line of code in the DiaglogVideoInfo.xml as follows

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=solo,clearart=True,logo=True,showthumb=True,poster=True,banner=True,showname=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle])</onclick>

I now get the option to pick posters, banners as well.

I originally had it like this

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=clearart.png,logo=logo.png,showthumb=landscape.jpg,poster=poster.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick>

which did a bulk scan of all my tv shows for logo.png clearart.jpg landscap.jpg, poster.jpg banner.jpg

it downloaded all banners and poster.jpgs I think that above code should reside in the settings>skins>Movie/tv>Logo Script

I have been searching trying to figure out what xml file I need to change to make it happen.

-=Jason=-
custom setting xml
I noticed that when going into: settings>skins>Movies/Tv> click on the logo script that it only looks for logo's not thumbs,cleararts,posters, banners.

I have changed my line of code in the DiaglogVideoInfo.xml as follows

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=solo,clearart=True,logo=True,showthumb=True,poster=True,banner=True,showname=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle])</onclick>

I now get the option to pick posters, banners as well.

I originally had it like this

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=clearart.png,logo=logo.png,showthumb=landscape.jpg,poster=poster.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick>

which did a bulk scan of all my tv shows for logo.png clearart.jpg landscap.jpg, poster.jpg banner.jpg

it downloaded all banners and poster.jpgs I think that above code should reside in the settings>skins>Movie/tv>Logo Script

I have been searching trying to figure out what xml file I need to change to make it happen.

-=Jason=-
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion1