MobileCouch - An Android CouchPotato App
I've built and android app for CouchPotato.

It allows you to add movies to your CouchPotato server via search or by scanning it's UPC code. If you don't have the barcode scanner app installed, it will prompt you to install it via the market.

You'll need to configure the host/ip address (and have your couchpotato server accessible from the internet) in order for it to work.

Image Image

Download here: http://kaput.ws/android/MobileCouch.apk

Let me know if you see any bugs or have any problems.

Version 1.0: Initial Search Function
Version 1.2: Adding HTTP Authentication
Version 1.5: Barcode Scanning
Version 1.6: Better UPC Lookups (still needs a little tweaking), and more on screen messages.
Version 1.7: More UPC lookup tweaking. Should be working for most titles now.
Version 1.7.6: Bugfixes
Version 1.8: Authentication should be working, added search button to soft keyboard, fixed editbox.

If it does not detect a movie correctly via barcode, please post the UPC code (12 digits) so I can troubleshoot.
Adam B. Wrote:I haven't found many that weren't in the database. Have you downloaded the most recent version? I've implemented UPC lookups from another source?

If you are on the most recent version, can you post the UPC's?

Yeah, it is much better now. Still about 50% of the time it comes back as "Public" which i assume is because the South African retailers have stuck their own bar codes on.
Hi can anybody direct me to a guide to help me set this up I'm clueless right now but I would love to have this setup thank u . I just downloaded sabnzbd on my computer is there any other programs I need
derbycity Wrote:Hi can anybody direct me to a guide to help me set this up I'm clueless right now but I would love to have this setup thank u . I just downloaded sabnzbd on my computer is there any other programs I need

from your droid navigate to this post here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=619038&postcount=1
from there click the download link to download the APK file it should install after download is complete.

getting everything set up is a matter of googling port forwarding, and DynDNS, also looking into your Routers settings.

-=Jason=-
Bobb25 Wrote:Yeah, it is much better now. Still about 50% of the time it comes back as "Public" which i assume is because the South African retailers have stuck their own bar codes on.

The fallback site after the upcdatabase is http://www.itemlookup.net/.

Try searching for the UPC there and see what comes up, but yeah, it sounds like non-standard UPC's are the problem.
Ok thanks but what other programs do I need to use and download thank u
derbycity Wrote:Ok thanks but what other programs do I need to use and download thank u

well first off you need to have CP installed on the computer that will be doing the downloading, the Android app is worthless without having CP installed.

CP works with SABnzbd get both of those up and running and the android app should work just fine.

-=Jason=-
derbycity Wrote:Ok thanks but what other programs do I need to use and download thank u

You need Sickbeard, Couchpotato, and an NZB provider like NZBmatrix.

You can get help for configuring all of that in their respective threads. This thread is just for the android application that lets you connect to CouchPotato from your android phone.
This is a great looking APP for use with CP.

Now for my stupid question can APPS like this be written for the Blackberry OS?

Thanks
carcraze Wrote:This is a great looking APP for use with CP.

Now for my stupid question can APPS like this be written for the Blackberry OS?

Thanks

It's possible, but you need a developer willing to do it. From what I've heard, blackberry is a difficult platform to develop for.
hey and tnx for a nice looking app, having some issues connecting tho.
I can access cp from the browser in the phone and the search comes up but no add to cp button... any idea what's wrong?
Out of curiosity, what kind of courses do you take to program your own crap like this? I feel like such a leecher and maybe eventually I'll have a great idea and become a seeder of apps. LMK?

Thanks,
boncs
ontrose Wrote:hey and tnx for a nice looking app, having some issues connecting tho.
I can access cp from the browser in the phone and the search comes up but no add to cp button... any idea what's wrong?

Do you have a password setup on your CouchPotato install?
bcboncs Wrote:Out of curiosity, what kind of courses do you take to program your own crap like this? I feel like such a leecher and maybe eventually I'll have a great idea and become a seeder of apps. LMK?

Thanks,
boncs

There are a lot of online tutorials. One day I decided that I wanted to make an android app, so I did a lot of research and just worked my way through the process.
Adam B. Wrote:Do you have a password setup on your CouchPotato install?

Yea i had, when i removed it started to work. Tho would rather have pw an login...any idea why it wont work with?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MobileCouch - An Android CouchPotato App3