ASRock ION 330HT + Fractal Design 50mm Silent Fan
Hello all,

I`ve now purchased my 2nd Fractal Design 50mm Silent Fan after the first one was defect. I removed the back fan and inserted the fan with the "label-side" outwards. This is, from what I understand, the side the air is comming out from, so logically this should be facing out of the computer?

But when I try to attach the screws they wont fit into the fan that way. When I turn the fan round and attach them they fit perfectly.

Should the "label-side" be facing into the computer? Or is it something wrong with the screws/fan?

Thanks for all help
Most fans usually have 2 arrows which indicate the air flow direction and the rotation direction. Look for those, they should help
I`ve tried attaching the fan both ways now and both times the computer has become heated, so I switched back to the whiney old fan. Anyone who`s had that problem?
Why didn't you come in here and ask for fan advice before you bought? I would have loved to rant my rant of why I think Fractal Design fans are overrated, and pushed my favorite 50mm fan the Rasurbo Ultra Quiet.

I have a favorite fan for every size category from 30mm to 120mm. I like replacing fans, my secondary XBMC box has gone through two sets.

I admit I probably should have done that, but I did read through this thread on this forums and alot of people in that thread said they were using the Fractal Design 50mm fan..

I'll check out the Rasurbo Ultra Quiet, thanks for the tip!
I think I just made the same mistake, running the original YS-Tech fan at Ultra silent speed the temperatures were 70-80 degrees, having replaced it for a Fractal 50mm it now sits around 90 degrees at Normal speed! I'll grab a Rasurbo instead!

I also changed the rear fan to a Titan 3007M12S 30mm fan on a zalman fanmate 2 tuned to a tolerable level, is this the recommended 30mm fan in your opinion poofyhairguy?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASRock ION 330HT + Fractal Design 50mm Silent Fan0