[xbmc live] installing plugins / add-ons? - confused, tierd, :(
lol, console.. i remember day 1 of running xbmc, 4 hours it took me to find out how to actually get into console (ctrl+alt+F1 if i recall correctly..) then i didnt know how to get back out of it!

bare in mind mate i am a complete newbie to linux. i have gone around in circles for 5 days now and honestly when i see the word "console" i actually feel like crying LOL!

how am i supposed to get files from this god damn system onto a windows system which i am currently using now to browse these forumsHuh Sad

i think ill have to send this computer back its too much stress
I know you are a newbie, but you do know how to use google right?

Anyhow, I'm done here.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:I know you are a newbie, but you do know how to use google right?

Anyhow, I'm done here.

by looking at your status your very high up on the knowledge of how this stuff works.

yes im a newbie and yes 6hours a day for the past 5 days has lead me round in circles on this forum and google.

i have just installed a copy of xbmc on my laptop running vista. and installed the iplayer plugin on that too. which got the same error.

im assuming iplayer doesnt work with dharma 2, so i think ive just tried to use xbmc at the wrong time when there is alot of bugs?

i have tried my best not to piss you off and piss other members of this forum off, ive been in the same situation as you on forums when it comes to DBOX2 and Cable Box's and Sat Box's and trying to teach newbies.

please, dont give up on me ? i always thought these forums were to help and to advise (albeit, you have helped me alot so far)
UPDATE:

i uninstalled the iplayer plugin to remove it from under:

Videos -> Add-Ons

then i rebooted

then i went to System -> Add-Ons -> Get Addons -> Hitcher Repo -> iPlayer

this worked straight away! it now runs perfectly?

now.. i am not sure if theres simply a problem with dharma beta 2 and installing iplayer plugin from a zip file...

but i am willing to file a bug report and post up the debug log file if i can find out how to do this... anyone willing to assist in the process?
If you are on windows, then you know how to find the xbmc.log don't you? I don't know the iplayer addon so I can't help you any further.

This is the last time I say this. You need the debug log!

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
It was most likely a problem with the way you installed the *plugin* and not the repo from hitcher.

tslayer Wrote:If you are on windows, then you know how to find the xbmc.log don't you? I don't know the iplayer addon so I can't help you any further.

This is the last time I say this. You need the debug log!

hello mate, thanks again for the reply..

i am not using windows on my revo..

what i did was, installed a copy of it onto my laptop (seperate machine) to test if it works on the windows version via zip file, which i found it didnt.

on windows, i can find the debug log file!

but on my acer revo r3610 (which i originally had problems with) i am using XBOX Live Dharma 2 9.11 (this is a linux install i think??)
tslayer Wrote:It was most likely a problem with the way you installed the *plugin* and not the repo from hitcher.

yes mate thats whats wrong, so im assuming that its not compatible via zip file with this version of XBMC?

tomorrow i will have a look around teh forums (again) and try to find out how to use console correctly, and if you dont mind, ill return to this thread and hopefully ill be able to access the debug file on linux and ill post it up for you??
The problem is that you tried to install something unsupported. The iplayer plugin is not compatible with the addons. Nothing to report then. That is the whole point of using the Add-On repository. You should not have to go and download separate/unsupported files that don't work.

tslayer Wrote:The problem is that you tried to install something unsupported. The iplayer plugin is not compatible with the addons. Nothing to report then. That is the whole point of using the Add-On repository. You should not have to go and download separate/unsupported files that don't work.

i understand now mate. sorry to be a pain!

but somewhere along the line you have helped me even though it may come across as though you've wasted your time on my thread..

i now understand that a plugin & add-on is completely different, so will not be doing that one again.

its going to be a long learning process to get to grips with xbmc live and linux commands etc..

but im sure in the end i will appreciate the program even though i would have spent many hours experimenting and messing and breaking it!

cheers for your time mate, i hope you dont hate me too much for being a pain in the arse!
Nope.. glad you are trying to learn.. Don't give up Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[xbmc live] installing plugins / add-ons? - confused, tierd, :(0