[Request] Anime option apart from the TV section
Hi!

I'm wondering if there is a way to have another option on the main menu that would permit me to list my anime collection apart from my main TV collection?

I have hundreds of anime series and my normal tv series get lost in my tv section. How hard would it be to be able to have a second TV section dedicated to my animes?
I was also wondering about this the other day. Would be a good option to have. Same goes for Documentaries, Stand-Up Comedy, maybe even Trailers. How hard is it to allow for custom Library options - say maybe allowing up to 5 other categories?
Until they redo the database closest you'll come is Playlists. Which good many of skins allow you to put on Home...

And with those skins you could create a playlist to exclude all items but anime and then another playlist just for anime, hide the regular TV option and now it's exactly how you wanted....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
That's too bad...

I'll check into the playlist option then.
Do you know of a skin name that permit this? I would prefer to continue to use "Night" of course Nod

I know there is a Movies and a HD Movies on the start menu, is this how it was done with "Night"?
Tuxon86 Wrote:That's too bad...

I'll check into the playlist option then.
Do you know of a skin name that permit this? I would prefer to continue to use "Night" of course Nod

I know there is a Movies and a HD Movies on the start menu, is this how it was done with "Night"?

Yes that HD Movies is a playlist of movies with the resolution above 701. So any Movie with a resolution above 701 will be included any Movie below 701 won't...Same thing can be done with "anime" or anything really, playlists are very powerful.

And the scenario I described is perfectly doable in Night...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Hi Tuxon,

You might want to look into creating an "Anime" profile. Is what I did.... new profile named Anime, separate libraries, nice little anime profile pic. Have setup 3 profiles actually: main for Movies & TV, Anime (anime movies & anime shows), Family (kids movies & tv shows).

Tuxon86 Wrote:Hi!

I'm wondering if there is a way to have another option on the main menu that would permit me to list my anime collection apart from my main TV collection?

I have hundreds of anime series and my normal tv series get lost in my tv section. How hard would it be to be able to have a second TV section dedicated to my animes?
Playlist pointing to the path of the anime is the easiest.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Should be any movie with a width above 1279 as the height can change like 1280*544 for HD 720p

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Thanks all,

I'll go the playlist way tonight.

God I love Dharma+Night Big Grin
The favorites/playlist thing works great! Though kind of sucks only way to get info on the Anime series/movie is to either go into TV Shows/Movies or check the episode information via context menu :/
Thanks for the tip to create two smart playlists, just need to find a skin that lets you attach them to the main menu... adding the playlists to favourites and adding the favourites to the home menu in aeon for example leaves you with broken playlists.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Anime option apart from the TV section0