[Executor]Windows 7 - Launching Boxee?
Sorry I don't think your following me -

If you double click on the exe or start from the run command the box will open and close very quickly.

If you run cmd first to open a command shell then run the BoxeeLauncher.exe from there you will be able to see the error output.

So - windows key + r (open run box) CMD (open command shell) cd <path to exe> BoxeeLauncher

Smile i realise now I should have made it pause on error Smile
rooster790 Wrote:Sorry I don't think your following me -

If you double click on the exe or start from the run command the box will open and close very quickly.

If you run cmd first to open a command shell then run the BoxeeLauncher.exe from there you will be able to see the error output.

So - windows key + r (open run box) CMD (open command shell) cd <path to exe> BoxeeLauncher

Smile i realise now I should have made it pause on error Smile

Ok, will try it this evening. Thanx
Quote: Originally Posted by rooster790 View Post
Sorry I don't think your following me -

i realise now I should have made it pause on error

I've tried with a notebook based on Win XP. When i launch the exe from cmd, message: wrong username or password. So my question, which username or password is refering ? From Login account of Boxee ? Or login on my PC ?
I always thought the username and password would refer to boxee's login, but it doesn't ... no username no password to type in (for me) and now it's working when i launch the boxeelauncher.exe. We'll see if it works at home Eek
Now Boxee starts when i launch boxeelauncher.exe, but it won't start when i start boxeelauncher.exe from XBMC. I'm receiving the error posted on top of this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=620158&postcount=1

I really get desperate Confused
OK yeah the launcher uses the username and password that you use to log into windows. That causes Boxee to launch with the right profile. If you don;t have a password I don't think it will work. Try setting a password for your windows account it should work then. If you don't like entering a password each time you logon, Windows can be set to auto logon (just google it, very easy to do).
rooster790 Wrote:OK yeah the launcher uses the username and password that you use to log into windows. That causes Boxee to launch with the right profile. If you don;t have a password I don't think it will work. Try setting a password for your windows account it should work then. If you don't like entering a password each time you logon, Windows can be set to auto logon (just google it, very easy to do).

That is a very good idea Nod ... Thanx mate for your help ...

I will try it ...
mcborzu Wrote:Pretty Sweet! Just noticed this thread had some responses...

Worked for me - W7 with UAC off...thx!

Works for me in Vista, UAC ON.

Couple of things I noticed though...a lot of screen "flashing" as XBMC gets shrunk to a small window, a few black screens, whatever else is running in the background (or the desktop) shows - and then Boxee starts. Exiting Boxee is similar. I noticed the CMD window for BoxeeLauncher stays running - no biggie there other than seeing it flash by.

Any way to make this a smooth visual transition? In this thread (Post #4) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55776 he references putting up "black screens" during the transitions - any way to (easily) do that in this cool little program? I don't know how to create/compile a program...haven't done that in a long long time.

Appreciate any assistance but very cool that there is a way to start Boxee this way!
I think there is somewhere in the aeon thread a "how to" start Hyperspin from XBMC. Could be very helpful maybe, cause there is a script that closes XBMC when not focused, and start XBMC when leaving Hyperspin. Just an idea.
butchabay Wrote:I think there is somewhere in the aeon thread a "how to" start Hyperspin from XBMC. Could be very helpful maybe, cause there is a script that closes XBMC when not focused, and start XBMC when leaving Hyperspin. Just an idea.

Yeah, found that and posted a similar request over there...just not sure how to go about it not being a programmer?
puulima Wrote:Works for me in Vista, UAC ON.

Couple of things I noticed though...a lot of screen "flashing" as XBMC gets shrunk to a small window, a few black screens, whatever else is running in the background (or the desktop) shows - and then Boxee starts. Exiting Boxee is similar. I noticed the CMD window for BoxeeLauncher stays running - no biggie there other than seeing it flash by.

Any way to make this a smooth visual transition? In this thread (Post #4) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55776 he references putting up "black screens" during the transitions - any way to (easily) do that in this cool little program? I don't know how to create/compile a program...haven't done that in a long long time.

Appreciate any assistance but very cool that there is a way to start Boxee this way!

Yeah it does look a little messy, I don't use Boxxy that much so just put this together quickly. If I get some time at the weekend I'll see if I can make the transition look a little better. *** not promising though *** Smile
rooster790 Wrote:Yeah it does look a little messy, I don't use Boxxy that much so just put this together quickly. If I get some time at the weekend I'll see if I can make the transition look a little better. *** not promising though *** Smile

Hey, I'll accept any assistance you throw at me. Would like to play around myself - am planning to hack at the AutoHotKey thing. Let me know if you get time!
Hope its okay to revive this old thread but it appears to be the only thing going that addresses launching Boxee from XBMC using Win7.

I downloaded the boxeelauncher.exe and configured the config file and it just flashes the screen once or twice and does not open boxee.

I ran the launcher from a command line using admin rights and this is what I'm getting back

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied

Any thoughts on this particular message? I turned UAC off.

Running Win7 64bit if that makes any difference.

Thanks!
I used the BoxeeLauncher with success, however in the few seconds before Boxee started there was a flash of the desktop which did not appear seamless to me.
So I wrote this little script which will display a splash screen while boxee loads in the background then once boxee is fully started the image turns off.
This script can be used for other applications as well such as the Kylo browser or Firefox, simply rename the executable to "whatever.exe"
and a corresponding "whatever.ini" with the program paths etc and a splash screen of your choice.
Download Here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Executor]Windows 7 - Launching Boxee?0