• 7(current)
iXBMC - new unofficial iOS Remote Control for XBMC (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
Hi Fantoma,
Music videos, are videos, so you can control it, but actually iXBMC don't support playlist for video, but only for music.
I don't see any files in source mode and ixbmc sometimes crashes.

IXBMC 0.92
Dharma Final release on Windows 7.
iPhone 4
IOS 4.2.1
I like very much where this is heading, especially that the remote reacts to what is happening in xbmc. This could end better than the ipod remote from collect3.

Two minor things I noticed:

Music library seems to lack the function to leave out compilation artists
When playing music and then going to the pictures section, the music stops when opening a picture or a picture slideshow

and a request:

Could you include the playlist editor for music? That would be sweet.

Otherwise great, great work. Thanks a lot.
Can you also browse music in file mode?
DarkHelmet, I check for music library, for pictures section, is the only solution for retro compatibility. The music works if you change image from picture remote control.

what means "playlist editor"? You can already add and remove songs from playlist

Eriksmith200, yes, iXBMC can.

Alfe, I can't know the motivation, please could you add more info?
[EDIT: For some reason I wrote iOS version 4.0.1, I actually meant 4.1...]

Hey there beebit, I've been using your app for a little while now so thought I would give you some of my feedback. Some of the things I will mention have already been said in this thread, and other parts I understand from your replies you will be trying to fix in the JSON release now that Dharma is the stable version, but for completeness of a power-user of your app I figure it would be good to include everything.

Firstly, here is a brief overview of my setup:

XBMC
Fully updated Ubuntu 10.10 Server with GNOME installed manually.
XBMC Dharma installed from Team XBMC SVN PPA (fully updated)
MySQL installed locally on server, XBMC uses MySQL syncronisation.
A few hundred movies, and a large number of series in library.

iXBMC
iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1
iXBMC installed from App Store at version 0.92

Here are the issues I have come across so far.
  • Confusing for a new user that a Settings.app plugin has been added, and needs to be configured before iXBMC can be started and used.
  • Typo in the Settings.app plugin saying "Nome" instead of "Name".
  • When Sleep-Mode is activated, the screen is completely upside down (including the top bar containing the time, carrier info etc).
  • When entering videos, "Movies" and "TV" show in the list in Source mode. Pressing the button to enter Archive mode produces an empty list containing 2 empty buttons that can be clicked. Clicking either of these produces an empty page. This may be related to using an SQL database, I have seen another post regarding a similar issue on this forums but the link evades me at the minute. I can probably find it if you require it though.
  • In Source mode, pressing either "Movies" or "TV" loads the complete list, with a loading animation over the top. The GUI can be manipulated during this time, however this loading animation occasionally stays on top indefinitely, even once the list has been fully loaded.
  • The app occasionally crashes to Springboard when opening various pages, most namely the page where you select the currently active XBMC connection.
  • Some icons are not intuitive as to their purpose, and it involves trial-and-error by clicking on the button and seeing what happens in order to determine the use (settings button inside the app, actually controls which which XBMC is currently connected to or the green playlist option which I originally thought would load the context menu inside XBMC's Library mode).

As far as feature requests go, these are the things I would most like implemented (in the future, none of these are urgent or deal-breakers in terms of choosing this over an alternative):
  • Video playlist support and playlist manipulation, including adding to playlist from both source and archive modes.
  • Landscape mode when keyboard is available.
  • Recursive searching
  • An about page inside the app that shows current version number, creator and provides a link to the bebbit.it page, rather than it being at the bottom of the "select current XBMC" page. This would make version checking easier than having to load the App Store.

On the whole though, I really enjoy using this app; much more than other XBMC iPhone remotes I have tried. The adaptive controls based on the XBMC screen are intuitive to use, and helpful and more pleasing to the eye than other implementations that try to show all possible buttons all the time. Keep up the good work!

(If my setup and settings are of interest to you as a beta-tester, feel free to PM me for contact details and my iPhone details, it would be a pleasure)
Hi IAmNotAUser,
very thanks for your complete list.

Yes, I want to switch to JSON APIs, because they are faster, much easier to use (development) and why XBMC is heading in that direction.
the HTTPAPI have many bugs and they are also very different (depending on the XBMC version), especially those in use on the Xbox versions.
So, I tried to write complex libraries to manage all versions of XBMC but the problems remain and the complexity of the code sometimes falls on stability.

With json version of Ixbmc , NO problems with library, crash or empty list, it is not possible Smile, because 90% of the work is done by xbmc, but..., we lose backward compatibility Sad (I still have an xbox with XBMC).

I ask a little patience to the (few) fans of ixbmc, I will try to dazzle you with the next version, not with great graphics, sorry, but with a control system even easier and more immediate, and stability that will not fear comparisonsWink
Hi again Beebit,

Waiting patiently with baited breath for this dazzling new version! Smile It sounds great, and I would choose stability over good graphics any day, at least for now while the app is in its early stages. I still have a keyboard attached to my XBMC setup as my housemate also uses it and setting up a remote will be time-consuming...but unfortunately I don' think she is not good enough with technology to be trusted with iXBMC whilst it still has a few unexpected reactions to some inputs.

As soon as it has the stability I shall be installing iXBMC on her iPod Touch too and the keyboard shall be gone!

One more thing I discovered last night though,I installed the Work-In-Progress Neon skin last weekend and if I scroll all the way to the right to the settings option and then press left once in iXBMC to move onto the weather option, I had iXBMC crash to Springboard. I've not had time to properly look into it, or see if I can reproduce it constantly yet, I shall get back to you on that once I know more, just thought you might like to know.
hi
I bought this app but cant connect to the xbmc. first when i install was working great but when i rebot the coumputer ipod cant connect to the xbmc.

I have Ipod touch iOS 4.2, xbmc 10.0

Pleas help me.
For whatever it's worth, this app crashes within 1 second of starting on my iPod Touch 2G. It does nothing for me. I've verified all the settings are correct. This is using latest XBMC and latest IOS on the iPod.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iXBMC - new unofficial iOS Remote Control for XBMC (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)1