• 7(current)
Video playback jerky/stuttery after a few days!
Is 14 the answer? Is your system still working well? Any issues/problems? Will probably take the plunge next week...

Brian
(2014-08-30, 06:38)Skram0 Wrote: Try 14.0 Alpha 2. They finally fixed this problem!!!! Big Grin

My system has been powered for 13 days 10 hours straight and the video is still smooth and normal as it was when I first rebooted the computer. It used to lag and get jerky after just a couple days with the earlier versions.

I've been battling this issue for years as has everyone else. But finally the frame rate seems to be fixed.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14869

I also would like to know if your computer still is good after being
on standby for a couple of days.

regards

Per
(2014-09-25, 08:37)pjakesson Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 06:38)Skram0 Wrote: Try 14.0 Alpha 2. They finally fixed this problem!!!! Big Grin

My system has been powered for 13 days 10 hours straight and the video is still smooth and normal as it was when I first rebooted the computer. It used to lag and get jerky after just a couple days with the earlier versions.

I've been battling this issue for years as has everyone else. But finally the frame rate seems to be fixed.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14869

I also would like to know if your computer still is good after being
on standby for a couple of days.

regards

Per

I never put my system in standby. I always just leave it on. I've got an SSD now, so no extra noise or bearing wear. But the issue I had with jerky/stuttery video seems like the same issue others had after standby mode. It's kind of the same thing as the system is still technically on for long periods after it resumes/sleeps/resumes...

But it's been powered on constantly for 42 days 13 hours. Video is smooth as the day it was power cycled. I've had the issue of system instability after a couple days for years, so have many other people. Video frame rate would decrease and lag. Eventually Windows would become unstable and freeze. Sometimes within 2 to 5 days.

I've been 42 days strong and very happy. Big Grin

Kodi v14 will be the best release ever. Tongue
Glad to hear this is the case. Even though I've been happy with OpenElec--it's very fast and smooth--I'm looking to take advantage of the (possibly) improved picture utilizing madVR and the DSPlayer build.

However, before I re-install windows and go to the trouble of a fresh setup I wanted to make sure that the slowdown/jerkiness has been solved (as I also want to be able to just leave the HTPC on and have it instantly available).

Thanks,
Brian
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback jerky/stuttery after a few days!2