• 4(current)
Video playback jerky/stuttery after a few days!
I'm getting the same issue here. Here are the details:

After clean start of XBMC, when I play a 24fps movie, the framerate hovers between 23.95 and 24, resting frequently at 23.98fps.

After some time (a couple of days), the video seems to be riddled with stutter. This is not caused by frame loss as some of the posts on this thread seem to imply. On my box I have 0 frame loss, however, the framerate is noticeably the issue. My framerate will now vary between 22.8 and 25.5fps. This issue occurrs no matter:

- DXVA is turned on or off
- Fullscreen/Windowed
- Skin
- Video Card (I have an nvidia and my friend has an AMD/ATI)
- Video sync on/off

I've basically tried every solution seen on this thread and others and haven't found a fix other than to restart XBMC (No, restarting windows is NOT necessary).

I would like to see this resolved so that my wife can stop harassing me about having to restart XBMC all of the time. Wink If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

My System:

Windows 7 32bit
AMD X2 3ghz
4Gigs ram
nVidia GeForce 9800GT

My Friend's system:

Windows 7 32bit
AMD 64 2.4Ghz
2Gigs ram
ATI Radeon something something

We both have FFDShow installed.

Thanks.
sdsnyr94 Wrote:This idea was also suggested in this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=757...tcount=110

As far as your script not working, change "taskkill /IM xbmc.exe >NUL" to "taskkill /F /IM xbmc.exe > NUL".

I needed the /F to force the program closed.... after that everything has worked. Hard to tell if it has really helped the issue, as it has been only a couple of days, but so far so good. Smile
I found a great freeware program that executes a bat file at hibernate to close xbmc and then executes xbmc at wakeup, its called "Hibernate trigger" and works on all windows. I use this tool and i don't have any problems anymore Big Grin.
It doesn't solve the problem if you have the computer on for 24/7, maybe a combination with a scheduled restart could work.
Kuasii Wrote:I would like to see this resolved so that my wife can stop harassing me about having to restart XBMC all of the time. Wink

This is the main reason for all of my problems with XBMC Smile
HIbernate trigger warns against installing on windows vista (and by proxy Win 7) I found this http://win7suspendresume.codeplex.com/ that purports to be written JUST for win7.
Tested the Above and it works, kinda...
If you have specific users setup on the HTPC under windows7 for security reasons (you don't actually leave your win pc logged in as the admin do you??) then the win7suspendresume will not run xbmc (or any batch file) as the logged in user.
Instead you get the system user and most shares will not work. I had to write a script using autoit3 to run mouse clicks so that the program would launch as the logged in user.

But this beats the stutter hands down!

YMMV
Annnnny movement on this whatsoever? Seems to be an issue which has plagued many over the past few months with no end in sight.
Just wanted to add i have the same issue, after putting PC (Acer Aspire 3700) to sleep, and waking up, the video stutters. i have to restart XBMC to fix this.

This issue is most evident with scenes where the camera moves horizontally through a scene.

A good test for me is to watch "black sheep" or "RED" both have scenes where the camera moves from right to left at the beginning.

hope this is fixed soon

cheers
Chase
Running the latest release.

Key issues.
First 24 hours CPU usage is low and video playback is fine. From 1080p to 480p avi's.

After 2days a slight choppyness is seen. CPU/Mem still low. video size does not make a difference.

Leave it another 3 days and video is unwatchable. feel like I am having a fit. CPU still the same low self.

Exit the restart just XBMC. All ok.

Have tried everything. Quad core Atholon 630 Prox. 6GB ram. Fast disks. Running 24/7.
I used to have this issue with my Asrock ION330, but it resolved itself after the release of 10.0 (or 10.1, not sure). Seems to be hardware dependent?
I may be speaking too early but I am running one of the nightly builds and I think the problem has gone! I was convinced that the problem was somehow linked to python scripts (whenever I ran the youtube plugin the problem would almost always get worse and require a restart) and I know there have been some major changes on the windows build around this.

will update in a day or two when I have tested a little further.
Cyberkid2002 Wrote:will update in a day or two when I have tested a little further.

Please do! This problem is a niggling pain!
too excited too quickly it seems... problem reared it's ugly head again today Sad

Please devs, any news on this or when/if it is likely to get looked into? Everyone seems to be keeping their distance from this one.
sounds like some memory leaking, anyone monitored how much
ram xbmc hogs overtime ? cause if used RAM increases by each hour sooner
or later something gonna give Wink
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
If this is an issue you want fixed, a TRAC ticket needs to be opened. I scanned the entire thread and did not see any mention of a ticket open... sorry if I missed it.

Once a ticket is open, a dev will decide to own it, or not, and ask for the person who opened it to help troubleshoot... so you will need some basic windows understanding.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:If this is an issue you want fixed, a TRAC ticket needs to be opened. I scanned the entire thread and did not see any mention of a ticket open... sorry if I missed it.

Once a ticket is open, a dev will decide to own it, or not, and ask for the person who opened it to help troubleshoot... so you will need some basic windows understanding.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10628
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback jerky/stuttery after a few days!2