• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma
..so i'm switching from Alaska to that one. Back to Aeon again.
But i have some small problems.

1. Where do i get those small movie shots in the info view(as seen on the shots)? I do not mean fanart or coverart.

2. How is it possible to view the Music Visualisation within the home menu?

Thx in advance.

the duck
at the moment you need to use ember media manager to get the extrathumbs images just for this release or you can do it manually they need to be in a folder named extrathumbs found inside the folder your movie each image has to be called thumb1 ,thumb2, thumb3,thumb4 ember media manager can do it automatically for you see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeelwMj2QOQ

Music visualization works you have to go into music under settings and change the visualization from wave form to one of the others wave isint working in any of the builds i am using
Hi

From the fixes list

Quote:*All recently added music/movies/tv shows fixed Complete

Does that mean that it will work with a MySQL database now??
rooster790 Wrote:Hi

From the fixes list

Does that mean that it will work with a MySQL database now??

I wouldn't have a clue at the moment its just a temp fix to get recently added onto the home screen when i started working on showmix recently added didn't work with dharma builds if you test let me know how you go regarding the MySQL recently added
Weather problem fixed for next release!

Problem was happening when setting custom backdrops for Weather the Weather logo in main menu was showing the directory of backdrops instead of Weather label.

If you are using my build of show-mix i would love any feedback on speed/performance especially on nvidia ion systems

also any bugs you find i need to know about at the moment i am running out of bugs to fix lol

And i cant test on linux or mac/ Apple tv so would be very interested in any bugs on these platforms

Any feedback/Requests is much appreciated
ZombieRobot Wrote:I wouldn't have a clue at the moment its just a temp fix to get recently added onto the home screen when i started working on showmix recently added didn't work with dharma builds if you test let me know how you go regarding the MySQL recently added

I don't know if this helps but I got the recently added/random widgets working with Dharma/mysql a while back: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=582...stcount=19

All that was required was to change some field numbers.

Robert
chimping Wrote:I don't know if this helps but I got the recently added/random widgets working with Dharma/mysql a while back: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=582...stcount=19

All that was required was to change some field numbers.

Robert

Awesome thanks for this will look at it tomorrow
Wow...need to download this and check it out. Might be time to switch from Night back to Aeon for a little bit?! I just love the well blended logos in Night so much. It looks like your doing a great job with this skin though! Curious, what is the new dream scene feature? Is this like dream scenes (animated desktop backgrounds) for Windows? That would be pretty damn cool if done cleanly.
avus m3 Wrote:Wow...need to download this and check it out. Might be time to switch from Night back to Aeon for a little bit?! I just love the well blended logos in Night so much. It looks like your doing a great job with this skin though! Curious, what is the new dream scene feature? Is this like dream scenes (animated desktop backgrounds) for Windows? That would be pretty damn cool if done cleanly.

DreamScene not implemented yet will start working on it soon maybe get it up and running for the Evolution release yes it will be like windows dream scene

i'm going to try to break a dream scene movie into frames (jpg) and have a multi image display them changing image very quickly i dont know if this will work (don't know if i can change images that fast and fluid) but if i cant i will find some other way to do it i really want to have the original aeon backdrops remade and animated into a dreamscene but i wont be able to do this my graphics/animation skills are limited i can dream though

i know i can play movie files in background and just play the dreamscene movie but think it will be better as images haven't really looked into this at all just been working on bringing showmix up to par for dharma and working on all the bugs i can find.

Phil65 pointed out that i will have to get rid of the showmix font because the owner doesnt want it to be used in skins so i will try to find a open source font similar
ZombieRobot Wrote:I wouldn't have a clue at the moment its just a temp fix to get recently added onto the home screen when i started working on showmix recently added didn't work with dharma builds if you test let me know how you go regarding the MySQL recently added

So I installed it and gave it a go - it works great ! Smile thanks very much !

For some reason I don't get the total movie / watched totals (i do for tv shows..) but thats not really a problem

Thanks again.
ZombieRobot Wrote:If you are using my build of show-mix i would love any feedback on speed/performance especially on nvidia ion systems

also any bugs you find i need to know about at the moment i am running out of bugs to fix lol

And i cant test on linux or mac/ Apple tv so would be very interested in any bugs on these platforms

Any feedback/Requests is much appreciated

Great work! I tested and configured it (evolution 2010/10/17) to look/feel like my old showmix. You did a great job as far as i can tell from ~ 1h playing around.

Bugs - just for you:

- The recently added widget on the home screen does refresh** for 2 times when moving up (let's say from the movie menu) back to the home menu

** it goes/fades away and then rebuilds again w/ same content, takes ~2 seconds

- Same as rooster790 said: I don't see #movies / #watched / #unwatched, too. Same with Music. Though TV shows displays #shows and #episodes but does not show #unwatched.

- I got one error displayed (was not able to reproduce) when setting up the skin. favourites.py error, or so. Hope the log stuff helps.

Code:
16:54:32 T:139676718405680 M:1196011520   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/extras/favourites.py,$INFO[Skin.String(playlist)])
16:54:32 T:139676718405680 M:1196011520   DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/extras/favourites.py,)
16:54:32 T:139676718405680 M:1196011520   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not return information about unknown plug-in special://skin/extras/favourites.py.'

INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
16:54:34 T:139676250077456 M:1195843584   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.IndexError
16:54:34 T:139676250077456 M:1195843584   ERROR: Error Contents: list index out of range
16:54:34 T:139676250077456 M:1195843584   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.showmixEvolution/extras/favourites.py", line 61, in ?
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.showmixEvolution/extras/favourites.py", line 18, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_favourites()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.showmixEvolution/extras/favourites.py", line 51, in _fetch_favourites
                                                if (sys.argv[ 1 ] == 'playlists=window'):
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
16:54:34 T:139676250077456 M:1195843584    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

Feature Request:
- 'changing' Movie extrathumbs: When in Movie Multiplex with the two movie thumbs to the left / or the four thumbs left an right, is it possible to change (option) the thumbs if there are more than 2/4 present in the movies extrathumbs folder?

ION: It's smooth as I did expect. Still with Dharma beta 1 on Ubuntu (minimal) 9.10 2.6.31-22 kernel 64bit on asrock 330 ht ION.

I'll test drive further and looking forward to the original fonts integration (of showmix 2.51?)

THX
hi all, sorry for my english, you works is great, thanks.

Can you help me? i dont see trailer in info windows and extra thumb.

thanks very much.
hi, I have found extrathumbs but the trailers don't works.
Will this work on Mac OS?
kirkiller Wrote:hi, I have found extrathumbs but the trailers don't works.

Use Ember Media Manager to manage your Movies and TV Shows library.

Trailers must be in the Movie folder: Moviename-Trailer.mov

example:

cheers
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma2