• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma
Here we go ... to eliminate confusion i've started a new thread.

Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma 25.09.2010 :

Download

Aeon Showmix Evolution Beta : 18.10.2010

Download

BugFix and toDo List: HERE

Thanx to creators : Andy Black, Azido, DJH and Zombierobot for his great effort keeping this Skin alive.

Please report bugs and requests on this thread.

Enjoy
Lovely, will try when son is done watching transformers Rolleyes
Nice, will check it out. Smile
screenshots?
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
emal011 Wrote:screenshots?

I'll upload some screenshots soon ...
ImageImageImageImage]Image
how do you get this skin to work, when try to change the skin it shows the name but its greyed out and wont select. im using the xbmc download from the main site and the skin zip file from this post but having no joy
mrcress Wrote:how do you get this skin to work, when try to change the skin it shows the name but its greyed out and wont select. im using the xbmc download from the main site and the skin zip file from this post but having no joy

For sure you've the XBMC Camelot stable release, you should install Dharma Beta 2:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/x..._beta2.exe

Place the unpacked zip file "skin.showmix" in the addon folder: C:\Programs\XBMC\Addons.
great thanks so much its finally running. is there an issue with tv shows not showing on the menu even though its enabled in the settings?
mrcress Wrote:great thanks so much its finally running. is there an issue with tv shows not showing on the menu even though its enabled in the settings?

You must have tv shows in your library to see it. So add scource, set content for tv shows, update library and you will see it.
@ ZombieRobot
Thanx for posting Screenshots.
There really seem to be a bug in "configure menus" and in the "widget" section.
I am running Dharma Beta 2 in Win7 Ultimate.
What do you think to change Fonts in Home Menu to the Original Aeon Fonts or pick one from here:

http://openfontlibrary.org/

Greets
Hi ZombieRobot and butchabay!

thx for your efforts and for keeping showmix alive. Highly appreciated!

I'm still running 10.00 beta1 on asrock 330, ubuntu 9.10 with lots of updates and patching. I switched to aeon65 when I accidentally installed dharma. Was on showmix 2.51. Now I'm back with showmix - thx to you guys. So far it's running very smooth.

There are some minor issues I'm not sure if it's a result of my not so clean install, or if it has something to do with the skin itself.

- the font alignment in the settings main screen (1st screen when you press settings) is centered and the taglines (eg. User Accounts for the Profile submenu) are overlapping. All other menus seem to be ok.

- where is the addons menu? pardon, if I'm too stupid/lazy to find

- I second the (optional) use of the original aeon fonts. Well, I'm just 6 months w/ XBMC and I really like those fonts that were linked on the showmix project site for 2.5 / 2.51 release.

best
This is the bug list i will be adding and updating this list as i work on show-mix so if you have a bug for me i will add it to the list also check here for a list of fixed bugs.

I will continue to work on the original show-mix when i can as bug fixes only in my time. because show-mix is andy and Azidos work i want to keep it that way as i feel i will that they had an amazing take on the aeon skin it was very very clean and i don't think i can do it justice they did an amazing job.

Hence Aeon Evolution / Show-mix Evolution i have decided to take this on full time to hone in on skinning better (NOVA is still under construction but feeling like i need to work on my skinning skills to do it justice)
Also remember i an no DJH and have little to know graphics skills so things will take time.

List last updated: 11/04/10

Known Bugs List: If you have any bugs please report on this thread.

*Fix fanart display in view types for smart playlists
*Buffer screen when streaming internet video (needs to be fixed for Evolution release)
*Pictures widget
*Movie count Watched/Unwatched needs fixing (WILL BE FIXED IN EVOLUTION RELEASE)
*Still working on widgets (may take time)
*Fix spinning CDART paused label (31007)
*fix clear-art downloader so it shows a pic of what you are downloading
*Fix home theater problem

Upcoming Features List:

*Slideshow of extra thumbs (support for extra extra thumbs)
*Start working on adding this to the official repo
*Reduce the size of EVOLUTION by 100mb without loosing any used textures or quality-Edit already got download size down from 220mb to 120mb
*Translate to as many languages as i can
*Reworked home screen weather
*Reworked Add-ons view
*Hopefully a total customizable home menu experience
*New dream scene backdrops
*Integrate old show-mix views
*Vertical home menu
*alternate home menu gradients
*Alternate Video OSD with cover art
*Alternate Music OSD
*Total reworking of skin settings menus to be very user friendly much like setting backdrops and customizing home menu no more text that you don't know what it does (full drag and drop style menus means total customizable home menu.
*More home menu fonts
*Add Season / Episode information. to recently added
*Rework some of djh's original Aeon Stark stuff back into a classic option
*Add custom submenus

Fixed bugs/New features for Current release: Code-name Evolution BETA

This is a early release of Evolution with some bug fixes but not fully up to par.

*All recently added music/movies/tv shows fixed Complete
*Lyrics button in music OSD Complete
*Added Download Subtitles Script in video OSD Complete
*Animated backdrops as a option in settings Complete
*Added option in settings to switch between old aeon show-mix font and new font Complete
*Spinning CD art animation Complete
*Spinning CD art animation in music visitation Complete
*Fix rss not working when spinning c.d. art activated-Complete
*Fix Music now playing timer Complete
*Added download CDART in music info screen
*Fix problem when playing music in recently added then press left spinning CDART problem Complete
*The Plugins mess (Fixed you can now add plugins to home menu again just need to reset XBMC for favorites to appear. )

New Features/Fixed bugs for next releases: Code-Name Evolution

Complete- *Switch between old Aeon video info screen and Show-mix info screen
Complete- *Customize home menu with smart playlists
Complete- *Add ppics tvtunes addon (New plays tv show tunes automatically when browsing TV Shows)
Complete- *Added option to toggle animated backdrops in new clean music OSD
Complete- *New clean simple music OSD with background slideshow
60% Complete-*Extrafanart backdrops in music osd
Complete- *clear-art option in low list
Complete- *problem in home menu Fixed Weather label problem (278 includesbackground delete info)
Complete- *Add watch Live tv option to home menu (just for future proofing just place holder atm)

Pending-*Integrate old show-mix views (Should be up and running in next release if i can get access to Andyblacs/Azidos textures.xpr )
Complete- *Fix codec bitrate in music osd settings small list
Complete- *Add codec in music osd info (match osd settings)
Complete- *Now playing music info not there when using top home screen (Needs to be fixed for Evolution release)
Complete- *Positioning in recently added movies
Complete- *Blue glow in recently added
Complete- *Fix/get rid ridiculous albums button in music osd (when moving mouse a button pops up some left behind code from stark i guess) Button503 music visitation
Complete- *Sort out skin setting options
Complete- *Fixed up the music osd info now showing the codec /fixed next song label
Complete- *Reworked favorites add and remove items to home menu (Add and remove up to 22 smart playlists to home menu with custom backdrops)

Any suggestions/requests are welcome

Next release Aeon-Evolution due in: Around 13 Days

Some new features:

Spinning c.d. art option

Switch between old and new fonts for home menu

Some new options

Lyrics
Hi there,

This is most lovely - excellent work. It would be simply perfect, for me, if the original font were to be made available for the home menu. Other than that, absolutely stunning, awesome work.

I can't decide between this one and MQ 2 - both are marvelous.

Don't know how much work it would be, but have a look at MQ 2's "Pause" function - the cover art pops up, and one has the option of seeing a large "PAUSED" greyed-out word in the middle of the screen. Works well. Either way, well done.
SilverJS Wrote:Hi there,

This is most lovely - excellent work. It would be simply perfect, for me, if the original font were to be made available for the home menu. Other than that, absolutely stunning, awesome work.

I can't decide between this one and MQ 2 - both are marvelous.

Don't know how much work it would be, but have a look at MQ 2's "Pause" function - the cover art pops up, and one has the option of seeing a large "PAUSED" greyed-out word in the middle of the screen. Works well. Either way, well done.

i will start working on the fonts asap thanks for your comment i will look at aeon MQ 2 Phil is also working hard on Aeon65 and sounds like hes doing some good work making it a lot faster which should be great
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma2