Couple on new XBMC user questions
Hey all:
I have been using XBMC on Windows 7 on an Acer Revo for a while and was having some problems so I thought I would install it on a fresh Ubuntu 10.04 install. Anyways, I am loving it so far, but I have a few questions that I hope some of you might be able to help me with.

1) When I had XBMC installed on Windows, I think I had a Dharma build or something cause I had an Addons sub menu in the settings and everything was a bit more streamlined when it came to addons. How do I go about updating the version I have now to that Dharma build? It seems I have some older build. Also, how does one check what revision or build they have?

2) I seen that howto sticky for "Perfect playback at 23.97/59.94 Hz with NVIDIA hardware" and I did this thinking that it would help me where I have the Nvidia ION GPU. Since I did this, the audio on my video files seems to fall out of sync with the video. So if anyone has any opinions as to why this might happen please let me know. It doesn't happen in any other video playing software for Ubuntu.

3) When I was on windows I did a scan for my TV shows and it scraped all the season thumbs for each show. Like for season 1 of the Sopranos, it would have a thumb and whatnot. This isn't happening for me now. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. I know you probably get a lot of newbie questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is what I use under Ubuntu Smile

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/09/xbmc-...ow-to.html
thank you very much. hopefully that will fix any of the other issues i was having!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple on new XBMC user questions0