Airfoil - Multi Room Audio (Synced)
Right, first of all i would like to say THIS IS NOT MY APPLICATION.

I stumbled across this when I was looking for a true multi room audio solution with just software and pc's.

Let it be noted that I did try the plugin for XBMC at the moment it is just too temperamental for me to use day to day.

Soo... Airfoil.
Its pay to use software. (1 license allows you to install the server on 1 pc, however the "speakers" can be installed on as many pc's as you wish)

Like I said, you install the server onto you'r pc and then the speakers client on other pc's who want to listen to the audio. What i like about the server is that you can "hijack" any application to listen to the audio. I've tried mediamonkey and it worked flawlessly. I am currently using it with XBMC however because i love the android remote for XBMC.

So to re-cap im running the server and XBMC on my laptop and I am changing songs throughout the house using my HTC hero via the android XBMC remote app.

My experience, this is working flawlessly for me. The server figures out the delay etc and sync's the speakers so everything is playing at the exact same time etc... There is no way to send different audio to different rooms (as far as I'm aware)

This software is available for windows, mac osx (works with other pc's or even apple tv etc...) The price is $25 and i highly recommend it.

There is, however, a free alternative called speakershare. Works on a similar principle and is available at the google code website (Google search and you will find it instantly).

Anyway i just thought i would share this because i have been looking for something like this for a while and this is perfect for my needs.

Sorry if its not posted in the right place I didn't know where else to put it...
Airfoil Working flawless on windows7 running xbmc, clients are appletv2,airport express, samsung galaxy s2 running Airbubble.

Is there a Xbmc addon that i can use to control speakers from Airfoil inside XBMC ?
zeion Wrote:Airfoil Working flawless on windows7 running xbmc, clients are appletv2,airport express, samsung galaxy s2 running Airbubble.

Hi,

I am trying to get Airfoil to run on my system. I have a similar setup with Windows 7 on my Acer revo and have installed xbmc installed on it. I have an airport express as the client. Looks like airfoil is able to connect to the airport express. but when i start xbmc, firstly I noticed a delay in the browsing click sounds. I was able to hear this through both the computer and the speakers connected to airport express. But when I actually try to play music nothing happens. I have posted another thread with the error that gets thrown when I try to play the music.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117050

Was there anything specific that you did to get airfoil working with XBMC. I don't see any issues if I play music through windows media player.

Thanks
@zeion - I don't think there is an addon and I don't have the time or skills to make one either I'm afraid Sad. It would be nice to have one though.

@haiiyya - To be perfectly honest. I don't remember everything I did, I'm pretty sure i didn't have to do anything special. The delay might be the server figuring out the latency delay of your network? You say nothing happens when playing music? Does XBMC start playing at all? Have you "hijacked" the right application for audio? What are the specs of you'r PC. They could be a factor as I'm sure Airfoil is fairly resource hungry Tongue
welshboy Wrote:@haiiyya - To be perfectly honest. I don't remember everything I did, I'm pretty sure i didn't have to do anything special. The delay might be the server figuring out the latency delay of your network? You say nothing happens when playing music? Does XBMC start playing at all? Have you "hijacked" the right application for audio? What are the specs of you'r PC. They could be a factor as I'm sure Airfoil is fairly resource hungry Tongue

The XBMC is installed on Acer Aspire R3610. It has an Intel Atom 330 1.6 GHz processor with 2 GB Ram. I am running Win 7 on it. When you say "Have I hijacked the right application" I assume you mean the application selected on the main screen of the Airfoil. Yes, that is set to XBMC.

I was wondering, in your airfoil preferences, do you have instant hijack button enabled?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airfoil - Multi Room Audio (Synced)1