Where to store / how to select Music Video fanart?
Hi guys,

I'm currently running Dharma Beta 2 plus Aeo65 skin on a Windows 7 platform.

When I select Music Videos (Library mode) I can see all my Artists in the Wall view and assign my own thumbnails by browsing to the relevant folder. Here I have a Fanart.jpg for the backgrounds and a Folder.jpg for the folder image.

However, once I select an artist and go down to that level I can't seem to select an image for the backdrop. It shows a slideshow of Movies, TV Shows and Music that it seems to default to. I can manually change the thumbnails for any of the songs at this level, but can't find any options to select my own fanart.

Any ideas? Should I be saving the file as something other than Fanart.jpg? Does it need to be in another location?

Cheers,

Jed.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I didn't think XBMC supported fanart for Music Videos after looking here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=FanArt

But one thing you can try is to go into the Aeon Skin folder and look for wallpaper that matches with what your seeing now, and then replace that with fanart of your choice.

I know it won't be exactly what you want, with fanart matching the artist, but at the very least you can get a better representation of the music videos you have in your own collection.
Nomar1245 Wrote:I didn't think XBMC supported fanart for Music Videos after looking here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=FanArt

But one thing you can try is to go into the Aeon Skin folder and look for wallpaper that matches with what your seeing now, and then replace that with fanart of your choice.

I know it won't be exactly what you want, with fanart matching the artist, but at the very least you can get a better representation of the music videos you have in your own collection.

Aha that might be why I can't find the option!

The wallpaper is actually a slideshow of what may be a number of different folders? It's certainly showing Movies, TV Shows and Music ... that I have stored in seperate folders. Unless there's a combined folder somewhere. I'll take a look.
Ya, from what I was able to gather, when I was customizing my Aeon setup, I just went to where the backgrounds where stored that I was seeing and replaced them with what I wanted.

At first I was renaming my backdrops to the names of what was already in there. Then I realized it was unnecessary and just started naming them whatever I wanted. As long as they're in the right folder, Aeon(and really any skin for that matter) will show the right pictures for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to store / how to select Music Video fanart?0