Black screen with dxva2
CrystalP Wrote:Unfortunately none of the devs have an ATI5xxx which makes it more difficult.

The change I made earlier will not help, that was confirmed by reports of working hdmi-connected screens.

This is not the first report that the video appears after hitting TAB. DXVA is not turned off when that happens, so there's a bit of hope.

There is a very simple change to try, for someone who can build xbmc. It's not as complicated as it sounds, the tools are free, there are detailed instructions on the Wiki.
Comment out lines 281-282 of WinRenderer.cpp and see what happens.

I'm more than happy to give this a try - maybe later tonight. My wife and our baby are both ill, so that either means I'll have a lot of free time while they're sleeping, or I'll have absolutely NO time at all because they're NOT sleeping Smile
sarcophage Wrote:I'm more than happy to give this a try - maybe later tonight. My wife and our baby are both ill, so that either means I'll have a lot of free time while they're sleeping, or I'll have absolutely NO time at all because they're NOT sleeping Smile

Tnx Sacrophage for your effort to help. Got any sleep last nightHuh Smile
Bas_h78 Wrote:Tnx Sacrophage for your effort to help. Got any sleep last nightHuh Smile

Nope!! And I had a .NET project for work i'm overdue on, so I'm finishing that up. when i take a break, i can give this a shot -
updating my ATI drivers did the trick for me. Now everything works perfect!
robertr81 Wrote:updating my ATI drivers did the trick for me. Now everything works perfect!

Confirmed! I updated to Catalyst 10.10 and now it works. Thanks for the tip, robertr81! Smile
The new drivers didn't fix the problem on the Mobility 5650 but I only had 15 minutes to play with them. I tried all the usual settings in the video section but still have the same problem. Tomorrow i will do a complete driver scrub and start from scratch.
Well, I've not had a chance to compile a new build from svn - my house is a germ factory this week! I did try to install build 34955 from sshcs, but I can't get it to run. keeps crashing. .. looks like a known issue with VS2008, which is what i have, and I don't have time this weekend to install VS2010 - i guess i'll have to wait!

I'm ALSO not able to update my drivers to 10.10 for some reason! When I try to install, it stops recognizing my monitor and my tv, and will only display at 640 res on the tv, with like 16 colors or something. Incompatible video mode, I guess (?)
Trunk is bugged only with VS2008 in release mode. Debug mode is fine and Dharma is fine in debug and release.

Good the hear that 10.10 fixes some of the breakage, it seems that each release fixes a bit more but it's still not perfect.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ag3nt Wrote:Confirmed! I updated to Catalyst 10.10 and now it works. Thanks for the tip, robertr81! Smile

Hi Guys,

I also confirm DXA2 works with the driverupdate from 10.10, no problems anymore (4 CPU's avg 3.8% usage).

This is great!!

Thank you all for your efforts and input

Regards

Bas

Ps. I will be looking for new problems to be solved Smile
Unfreaking believeable!!Angry

I'm still fighting with this $1100 Acer laptop that has the 1GB ATI Mobility 5650 chipset. I *THOUGHT* I had the 10.10 CCC software installed..but..NOOOOOOOO.

Looks like Acer has decided to lockdown the drivers along with ATI to prevent me from doing so.

Here's the deal (and this really frosts my buns Big Grin ):
You go to AMD's site and grab the 10.10 drivers. You run the install. Install runs fine but here's the crappy part. If you're not really paying attention you may not realize that the install goes a lot quicker than it should. Why? Because it's not really installing the latest drivers!!!! No warning message like "AMD/ATI along with Acer think you're all idiots so we're not letting you install better drivers". So I'm stuck at CCC 8.7!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So back to the store goes this otherwise great laptop in search of either an Nvidia powered lappy or another manufacturer that will allow me to update video drivers as I see fit.

The REAL crappy part of this whole affair is that I bought my 11 year-old daughter an Acer notebook for $399 last xmas that has the Radeon HD 3xxx chipset and I can install the latest-and-greatest ATI drivers for it. It runs XBMC and plays 720p MKV files with DXVA no problem.

Double GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Rolleyes Confused Big Grin
clipper99 Wrote:Unfreaking believeable!!Angry

I'm still fighting with this $1100 Acer laptop that has the 1GB ATI Mobility 5650 chipset. I *THOUGHT* I had the 10.10 CCC software installed..but..NOOOOOOOO.

Looks like Acer has decided to lockdown the drivers along with ATI to prevent me from doing so.

You go to AMD's site and grab the 10.10 drivers. You run the install. Install runs fine but here's the crappy part. If you're not really paying attention you may not realize that the install goes a lot quicker than it should. Why? Because it's not really installing the latest drivers!!!! No warning message like "AMD/ATI along with Acer think you're all idiots so we're not letting you install better drivers". So I'm stuck at CCC 8.7!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So back to the store goes this otherwise great laptop in search of either an Nvidia powered lappy or another manufacturer that will allow me to update video drivers as I see fit.

The REAL crappy part of this whole affair is that I bought my 11 year-old daughter an Acer notebook for $399 last xmas that has the Radeon HD 3xxx chipset and I can install the latest-and-greatest ATI drivers for it. It runs XBMC and plays 720p MKV files with DXVA no problem.

Double GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

There's a site for nVidia drivers called something like LaptopVideo2go, who knock together custom .inf files that enable any driver to install on a laptop, for when the manufacturer won't supply you with up-to-date drivers. I haven't been on the site in ages, but google around, and you should find an equiivelent for AMD drivers.
Good advice, I'll start with guru3d.com and see if there is anything there. Will post results when/if I have them.

Cheers
clipper99 Wrote:Unfreaking believeable!!Angry

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Double GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I had this problem also, but I found out that I tried to install the desktop drivers (stupid me). Install went also very quickly, and I could not see the ATI logo in the systemtray.

After I installed the Mobile 10.10 ccc everything worked immediatly (first did an uninstall an deleted the remaining folders)

Link to the notebookdriver (1 mb download, installer downloads after that the right install file, if you can not get it I will upload it for you).:

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/...d%20Detail
Thanks Bas but that won't work for me. Acer prevents users from installing newer ATI/AMD drivers. Thats why I need to go look for 10.10 hacked drivers for the Mobility 5xxxx.

cheers
ag3nt Wrote:Confirmed! I updated to Catalyst 10.10 and now it works. Thanks for the tip, robertr81! Smile

No problem, just glad to be able to help a bit Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen with dxva20