Add add-ons to home screen and add-on subfolders
Question 
I have two things which I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out with, both relating to video add-ons. First, I would like to add add-ons to the home screen. For example, I would like my home menu to consist of the following:

Movies
TV Shows
iPlayer
Apple Movie Trailers
YouTube

Movies and TV Shows are fine as they use the built-in libraries; however iPlayer, Apple Movie Trailers and YouTube are all video add-ons. Now I have found a way to add iPlayer to my home screen, but the problem is when I’ve finished with iPlayer and I press the menu button on my Apple Remote to back to the home screen, it takes me back to the Videos Add-ons folder. I must then press the menu button multiple times to return to the home screen. The same goes for Apple Movie Trailers and YouTube. I would like to know if it’s possible that when I’ve finished with add-on’s to return directly to the home screen with a single button press?

My second question also relates to add-ons but this time I would like to have them listed in the root Video folder and not in the Video Add-ons sub folder. This way I don’t differentiate between locally stored and web accessed content. Is this possible?
Sorry to bump this, but does anyone know how to do either of these?
append ,return to the activatewindow. we're not encouraging that but it's doable. add a source pointing to plugin://<id of the plugin you want to have there>
Thanks spiff, but I'm new to this XML stuff so can you please clarify what I need to do to return to the home screen from the iPlayer add-on. This is my XML as its stands:

<item id="13">
<label>iPlayer</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://plugin.video.iplayer)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/settings.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Settings_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>

Why would doing what you suggest not encouraged? Is it an issue of stability or usability? Also, does what you suggest allow add-ons in the root of Video?

Sorry if I'm being stupid.
ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://plugin.video.iplayer***,return***)

stars just to emphasize.

yes it allows add-ons in the video root. we do not encourage it because the add-on browser does not update sources - if you disable / remove an add-on the source will still be left.
Thanks Spiff you're a star. I know have all my add-ons listed on my home screen. Now please don't get to sick of me, but how do I go about showing the add-ons on the root video folder and not in the "Video Add-ons" folder and secondly, am I able to tell XBMC which home screen menu item I wan't it to default to on startup?

Thanks for all your help so far.
i alread told you! Wink "we're not encouraging that but it's doable. add a source pointing to plugin://<id of the plugin you want to have there>". e.g. plugin://plugin.video.iplayer/

i believe the focusposition also gives the default selected item for the fixedlist. so you have to order it so your default falls in line with the focus. somebody with skinning knowledge would be more useful here - i'm just guessing based on the xml.
Great thanks
Hi, how did you get apple movie trailers to work in the home menu
I added this to the confluence skin Home.xml file.

<item id="12">
<label>Trailers</label> <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite,return)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>
Need help !
I would like to add Youtube to the main screen as well, I searched for a couple of hours but could not locate the xml file you guys are talking about.
I'm using the stock skin and I could not find the file where I should add this additional stuff. Please help. I'm running the latest XBMC (installed today from the main XBMC download page) on Windows 7.
Thanks.
zrak Wrote:Need help !
I would like to add Youtube to the main screen as well, I searched for a couple of hours but could not locate the xml file you guys are talking about.
I'm using the stock skin and I could not find the file where I should add this additional stuff. Please help. I'm running the latest XBMC (installed today from the main XBMC download page) on Windows 7.
Thanks.

Turns out that this Home.xml is located under ProgramFiles/XBMC/...
I tried adding the following to get youtube working but all I get is the extra menu on the home screen but selecting it gives me a blank page with ".." If I go the normal route to get to youtube it works fine.

Code:
<item id="12">
<label>Youtube</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,plugin://plugin.video.youtube,return)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/settings.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Settings_Folder)]</thumb>
</item>

What am I missing? I'm also not sure what the itemId value of 12 implies, can this be any unused number ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add add-ons to home screen and add-on subfolders0