XBMC on Ubuntu with TRIM Support
Question 
I have been trying for a couple of weeks to find the optimal solution for my dedicated HTPC. It is using an SSD drive and I require TRIM support. For various reasons, I also need to run Dharma and have been using beta2 mostly. Right now, only Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid) seems to have packages and be generally supported. Unfortunately, that version of Ubuntu does not support TRIM because the linux kernel version is older than 2.6.33, which is the minimum required kernel. I've tried upgrading the kernel in 10.04 with later mainline version (I've tried a few different ones), but have experienced problems with video, etc because these are based on vanilla kernels and don't have some of the Ubuntu patches applied. I tried running Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick), which does support TRIM, but it doesn't look like XBMC supports that platform yet. I attempted to install XBMC on maverick using the lucid PPA, but was unable to (although other users have reported success). For various reasons, compiling from source is not an option either.

Is there anyway I can set up a fairly reliable Ubuntu based XBMC standalone setup that supports TRIM for SSD? Please help!
Have you tried compiling the 2.6.35 maverick kernel on lucid?
http://blog.avirtualhome.com/2010/07/14/...for-lucid/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Ubuntu with TRIM Support0