• 2(current)
[WIP] Basic - a new skin in the works for XBMC
I actually was going to comment that I like the color theme, because every other skin out there has been turning toward a very dark appearance and honestly I'd like some variety. But yeah, looks great, love the simplicity of the look.
Using four basic colours for pretty much the whole skin like this will allow for easy changes to a whole host of colour schemes.
That's true. A simple® skin like this should be pretty easy to theme, by my understanding.
looks great! simple is good!!!
Very nice i love the themeing possibilities with this.
looks very nice and clean.
i like it and hopefully there will also be a nice Musicview :-)
I agree it looks great. Have you tried the mockup on your TV? I wonder if the text is a little small to read at a distance.
AaronD Wrote:I agree it looks great. Have you tried the mockup on your TV? I wonder if the text is a little small to read at a distance.

Yeah, my computer monitor is actually my tv so everything is perfectly readable for me.

Hitcher Wrote:Using four basic colours for pretty much the whole skin like this will allow for easy changes to a whole host of colour schemes.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was working toward, being able to have a bunch of different theme colors.

monsieurpaulu Wrote:looks very nice and clean.
i like it and hopefully there will also be a nice Musicview :-)

I never planned on there being a music/picture/etc view but when psike and i are done i might reconsider it.
And it looks like you're also using very few textures which will help with the speed of the skin.
Hitcher Wrote:And it looks like you're also using very few textures which will help with the speed of the skin.

Yeah, I'm hoping to keep it as minimal as possible.

I also made some changes to my mockups for a few things psike wanted (weather, arrows for the recently added, etc). psike is helping me code this (it's his first full skin) so it will be a learning process for the both of us. He is currently working on getting the home section done.
From thought to implementation in 3 days. I love the skinning community here Laugh
TerranQ Wrote:From thought to implementation in 3 days. I love the skinning community here Laugh

I've actually had this design laying around for a few months sitting on it trying to figure out if I just wanted to dive in and try it but I got overwhelmed when i saw all of the xml code in just 1 file (I think shade has like 600+ lines in just the home.xml).

Which is why I brought it here hoping someone might like it as much as I do and help me out with the coding aspect.
Folks at xbmc4xbox.org are going to love this skin Wink

Only thing i would change is the settings button... a Misc button could give access to the shutdown menu amongs other stuff.

btw the new mockups look so much nicer Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Folks at xbmc4xbox.org are going to love this skin Wink

Only thing i would change is the settings button... a Misc button could give access to the shutdown menu amongs other stuff.

btw the new mockups look so much nicer Big Grin

I will add a shutdown button when we get a chance and thank you.
Wow.

I currently have my eye on three skins, and for some reason, I really, really like this skin, it looks so professional and clean yet includes so much information.

I love it, and I cannot wait to use it. I tip my hat to you good sir.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Basic - a new skin in the works for XBMC0