• 4(current)
[WIP] Basic - a new skin in the works for XBMC
Looks very nice and clean... can't wait to try this!

Please, when the skin is made public consider releasing the images uncompressed so that Xbox users like myself can build the .xpr?

Thank you both!

PS: Does the 'Basic Skin' has a name? Smile

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Looks very nice and clean... can't wait to try this!

Please, when the skin is made public consider releasing the images uncompressed so that Xbox users like myself can build the .xpr?

Thank you both!

PS: Does the 'Basic Skin' has a name? Smile

Yeah, I believe we plan on releasing it without compressed textures so people can create their own themes and change what they want. The main reasoning for this (for me at least), is the final skin will be exactly what I want in a skin (looks & feel) then if people want to mod it and change things to their tastes, then they will be able to.

As for the name, you said it Big Grin

"Basic" - short, simple, and to the point.
Volume is now done.

Wow, have to say that this is looking pretty awesome. And you're making progress really fast.

Love the idea of keeping it 'simple' so people can mod it to their own liking. Looking forward to using this skin.

Keep up the great work!
wow!!! this one is coming along fastSmile
Awesome job mate Smile Keep up the good work. Was just wondering if there is any chance you will add more than one color option? I for one would like the yellow stuff to be blue.
Gonzo Wrote:Was just wondering if there is any chance you will add more than one color option? I for one would like the yellow stuff to be blue.

Everything you see that is gold in the latest screens (minus the volume bar), can be made whatever color you want, you just have to edit the diffuse color for it. And we will probably release it with a few different color schemes as well.

Edit: Also, could an admin re-name my thread? I tried doing it myself but it didn't really work out. Since it really isn't an idea anymore and actually a WIP the thread title is off. I wasn't really sure on who to ask about that and/or where.
Hey there,

Skin is looking great! 'bout time something basic and organised came into the picture. The way it's looking, i'd have to say... FAR better than any skin i've seen created.

No matter what skin i try, i always end up back on confluence mainly because of:

1. Speed (confluence is flawless with speed - very snappy)
2. Most themes lack practical 'Views' and are cluttered, or simply not interesting enough
3. Most skins are buggy

I've made quick mock-ups (hope you don't mind) containing a Thumbnail View as well as a Poster View. Something to consider when making this skin. These are my two most used Views. purely because the cover art is the most important part of selecting a movie, i think it's important to have it very visible.

THUMBNAIL VIEW

POSTER SLIDE VIEW

Let me know what you think.

cheers,
Loggio.
Honestly, neither of those views would work in my skin. There is a reason why all of my menus are kept to the bottom. The actual background when videos are playing, is going to be the video. So I wanted to make my menus out of the way so you could still go through your library and not block your video as much.

Think of it like how a cable box works, if you hit the up button on mine, it brings up the small menu that takes up like 1/4th of the screen. That's pretty much what I was going for.
and what do you plan for subtitles, they're generally at the bottom Wink
ppic, you can always put the subs in mid screen or top Wink

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
skin looks great, but will you be having TV Show Logos?

*ediT* sorry i checked again lol
Griffith86 Wrote:Honestly, neither of those views would work in my skin. There is a reason why all of my menus are kept to the bottom. The actual background when videos are playing, is going to be the video. So I wanted to make my menus out of the way so you could still go through your library and not block your video as much.

Think of it like how a cable box works, if you hit the up button on mine, it brings up the small menu that takes up like 1/4th of the screen. That's pretty much what I was going for.

Like netflix's new PS3 app?
ppic Wrote:and what do you plan for subtitles, they're generally at the bottom Wink

Well, the menu isn't always on. So, I mean if you're looking for something new to watch, I doubt the subtitles are really going to matter at the time.

Stranger Wrote:Like netflix's new PS3 app?

I don't own a PS3 so I have no idea what that looks like, sorry.
Griffith86 Wrote:Honestly, neither of those views would work in my skin. There is a reason why all of my menus are kept to the bottom. The actual background when videos are playing, is going to be the video. So I wanted to make my menus out of the way so you could still go through your library and not block your video as much.

Ok, i was just thinking. I have over 1,000 movies in my library. Scrolling through them to find something to watch with small thumbnails in the bottom right corner can become quite frustrating. Looks good. But not practical. And hard to see on a big screen.

Lools great though, keep it up.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Basic - a new skin in the works for XBMC0