[LIVE] Downloaded LIVE Repack ZIP but not ISO Image
Sad 
I downloaded the LIVE repack ZIP download file and it was not an ISO image. All the install instructions refer to an ISO file. I'd like to burn to CD and test on some of my systems before I install.

Please advise, thanks.
did you unzip it? Is has burned fine to CD for me and everybody else.
where did you download this .zip file? please give URL and further details (what's inside the zip archive etc).
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Sad 
This is what I did:

1) I went to the http://www.xbmc.org website
2) moused to "Downloaded/Get XBMC"
3) click on "LIVE" icon along the top of the page
4) Firefox pops up a window to download a file called xbmc-9.11-live-repack.zip
5) the ZIP file contains a lot of files but it is not the ISO image required to create a LIVE CD.

I suspect who ever created the ZIP file made a mistake and instead of zipping the ISO image, they zipped the raw files. Unfortunately, since all the install documentation refers to an ISO file, the ZIP file is of no use.
I find it unlikely that they can produce the application but fails to zip an iso.

In case something got screwed up on the server I download it. If you are clicking the correct link
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/fil...p/download
It is definitly the iso like it always been.

(BTW, an iso can also be extracted make sure you dont do that)
Smile 
Ok, I think I have figured it out.

I downloaded the ZIP and accidentally extracted the ISO to a folder. In Windows Explorer it says the file is a WinZip file but when you change the options to view the file extensions, the file is actually an ISO file.

When I extracted the ISO file, I ended up with the raw files.

This all makes sense now and I stand corrected. There is an ISO file inside the download ZIP file.

There was one point of confusion though. Why is it labeled "re-pack"?

Thanks all, mystery solved.
it's a slightly updated version of the original 9.11 live image
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
That 9.11 release is really old and out of date, you should grab the latest beta image, which is pretty much just as stable and significantly more feature rich http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/live/xb...3-live.iso
prae5,
Thanks, I'll download the updated "Dharma" version.

Thanks everyone for your help.
I am experiencing the same issue, the link on the downloads page points to a zip file not an iso. I will try the Dharma Beta but i think the link on the downloads page needs to be fixed
Smile 
jamespcole,
The link is okay. It points to a ZIP file that contains an ISO file. You need to unzip the file first and then burn the ISO file to a CD.

Hope that helps.
What's the issue? It's an iso inside a zip, a quick and easy way of verifying that your iso is not corrupt.

TheUni
Come on! It is a iso unless you extract it as well as the zip by accident. Read the thread!
what is the username and the password for the Iso file when you boot it ?
thanks tim
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

You do realize that this is a 2 year-old thread and that the XBMC version discussed above is 2 (soon to be 3) generations old?

If you've created a boot disk from the XBMCbuntu ISO (stable v11 or the beta v12), you don't need to log-in to run XBMC in "live" mode. If you wish to switch over to the XBMCbuntu desktop, then you can use xbmc as the username and the password field can be left blank. When you install XBMCbuntu to your hard disk, you will be prompted to supply your own username/password.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Downloaded LIVE Repack ZIP but not ISO Image0