xbmc on xtremer pro?
Hello,

I'm looking for an inexpensive platform to run xbmc as a dedicated media player and thought about getting a xtreamer pro. Is it possible to install xbmc on it? If that means wiping out the HD contents and installing a Linux distro, I'm very comfortable with that but I was worried about the hardware and its compatibility

Thanks in advance
Edited: Sorry, I meant xtreamer not xtremer. Hope I didn't screw it up for future searches on the subject
Not possible.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Clumsy Wrote:Not possible.

Damn, it looked so sleek.. and cheap
Any other recommendation in the $100 range?
Your best bet, at that price, would be a used Xbox. I don't think those can handle HD content on them though. Otherwise, you're looking at $300ish for an ION nettop that'll run it great.
YodaEXE Wrote:Your best bet, at that price, would be a used Xbox. I don't think those can handle HD content on them though. Otherwise, you're looking at $300ish for an ION nettop that'll run it great.

Hmmm... I want HD so maybe I'll just have to shovel the extra $$$ for the ION. Very sleek looking too, I have to admit
Ok, I'm leaning now towards the Foxconn nT300i
It seems to have everything I need. Any good/bad experiences with it?
buy it, stick 2GB of RAM and a small SSD inside, install newest live build, and live happily ever after.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc on xtremer pro?0