Help newbie understands scraping and custom .nfo files
my movie folder is like this, Movies\movie name\movie file........(nothing else)......So i let xbmc go ahead and scrap info for my movies 2000k+, so I guess XBMC saves all that fanart, posters, info, etc. in the userdata folder in the xbmc folder........... ok so then whatever doesnt match or i dont like I use the latest Media Companion to rescrape and edit the info to where i like it.... however when i save the movie info it creates nfo and art files etc in that specific movie folder......... if I run a rescan on that folder with xbmc will it take that nfo and artwork and resave it in its userdata folder so I can delete that junk from my movie folder? Im anal and want to keep my movie folder tidy without the extra files in it? thanks for any help
use export library in settings, single file/folder. that exports all info to a single folder. you can then just import that elsewhere, and your media folders stay pristine.
k thanks, got that,but I guess my question is once I scraped all my movies with xbmc, how do i go about filling in the missing stuff like some fanart some plots.... I know of ember and media companion.... but those programs when they dont see the .nfo or art files stored in the movie file locations they assume there is none for that movie and rescrape all the information for all movies..... How do people go about doing what I want in the most effecient way? can I somehow make these database editing softwares see the info that my xbmc already has collected and so I can just get what is missing? hope you understand what im saying .... thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help newbie understands scraping and custom .nfo files0