• 4(current)
Got my foxconn nt 330i, now what?
How about posting a full debug log Smile
I guess im confused but im running a foxcon and i can play 1080p stuff just fine with 2gb of mem.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

BigO if you actually read this thread you would've seen that sebj has problems only with his mythTV recordings

again, for usual 1080p stuff, the foxconn with 2GB is more than adequate. but I seem to repeat myself as I stated before that sebj has a really special problem on his hands there and I really doubt that any other Atom&Ion&XBMC box would play these recordings fine at the moment, independent of the amount of shared RAM you can assign to the GPU.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Yep, Hannes is right in the end. Cost me 100$ of ram to come to an absolute conclusion.

Really need this to work since xbmc's my frontend for mythtv.

I have issues with a specific file type, you can check it out by downloading :

http://www.steventoth.net/hdpvrcapture/s...H.264.m2ts

Try playing this file with 1080p xbmc gui. I get a max of 50fps EVEN with 4gigs of ram for 512 mb vram.

So guys, save your cash, the 4gb of ram makes no real difference so far... Will investigate.

Will post a full debug log when I get home.
Hannes The Hun Wrote:BigO if you actually read this thread you would've seen that sebj has problems only with his mythTV recordings

again, for usual 1080p stuff, the foxconn with 2GB is more than adequate. but I seem to repeat myself as I stated before that sebj has a really special problem on his hands there and I really doubt that any other Atom&Ion&XBMC box would play these recordings fine at the moment, independent of the amount of shared RAM you can assign to the GPU.

Ahh sorry about that confusion, makes sense now.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

http://pastebin.com/EMtU5SA1

and this one with debug logging on

http://pastebin.com/qLHAwPNP

Bobo1on1, here's the debug log as promised, hope the debug has the right info.

thanks for any help here!Nod
What does the cpu frequency say when you execute "cat /proc/cpuinfo" in a terminal.
hey bobo1on1 here it isWink :

Quote:xbmc@ion:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 28
model name : Intel® Atom™ CPU 330 @ 1.60GHz
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 1599.835
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 4
core id : 0
cpu cores : 2
apicid : 0
initial apicid : 0
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm
bogomips : 3199.67
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes : 32 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor : 1
core id : 1
apicid : 2
initial apicid : 2
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm
bogomips : 3199.97
power management:

processor : 2
core id : 0
apicid : 1
initial apicid : 1
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm
bogomips : 3199.91
power management:

processor : 3
core id : 1
apicid : 3
initial apicid : 3
bogomips : 3199.96
power management:
Cpu is running at its maximum frequency, so there's no cpu frequency scaling active.
Must be something else then.
It's not active for sure, the bios is really barebones, not much tweaking allowed there.

Could it be the way xbmc interprets this codec? seeing a bunch of

WARNING: Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet.

and

#
WARNING: CALSADirectSound::GetSpace - get space failed. err: -32 (Broken pipe)
#
20:34:38 T:2835143536 M:3203170304 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:15039999.685444, should be:15072058.718473, error:32059.033029
DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 1: 16683.22

Not an expert here, but is the audio not being processed right?

This is beyond my understanding.

thx for the help again, should I submit and official bug? Seems like the mythtv hdpvr recordings are prone to regressions or something

Sebj
Hi,

im buying tomorrow one of these machines, Foxconn nt330i to put XBMClive on it and i have a few doubts:

- Will it work ok with two external usb HDD of 1.5tB each? I think i read somewhere something about max 1tB, not sure..

- How fast is the SMB server of XBMC on NT330i moving files from another computer in LAN? I had other players like WD and Xtreamer and moving files is really awful, i suppose that with a real pc and a linux this must work ok but.. if someone can verify it to me ill apreciate. I mean with a wired connection of course (100mbit ill use).

- Its better to install XBMClive on a typical usb pendrive or betten on a SD card? Ill buy it tomorrow with the nt330i and the ram (2gb if noones tells me to change opinion hehe).

Thnx all
@zgotenz

-Not sure about the max on usb drives, I'd be surprised if that was true though.

-Lan speed's excellent, I'm using gigabit (1000) and the bottleneck is more the laptop harddrive. No worries.

Quote:- Its better to install XBMClive on a typical usb pendrive or betten on a SD card? Ill buy it tomorrow with the nt330i and the ram (2gb if noones tells me to change opinion hehe).

Here's what I wish I did about now : Buy 2gigs of ram and a modest SSD instead of 4gigs of ram. I've run xbmclive on a usb pendrive on this box, it's doable...

-Buy an asrock Rofl
Thnx for the info sebj.

When u say to buy a modest SSD you mean a SD card like (http://www.pccomponentes.com/kingston_se...ss_10.html) or a SSD HDD like (http://www.pccomponentes.com/corsair_for...0gb.html)? Just wanted to show what i mean, i haven't chose the models, prob a X25 or a SSDNow are better than this corsair i put.

I know asrock is better (also a bit more expensive) but im returning back an Xtreamer i got yesterday and i just saw the Foxconn on that shop so i'll take that one that seem to work ok with XBMC as i could read on the forum, probably a bit worse than the asrock but.. i dont wanna continue with the Xtreamer i bought, mainly cause of the network speed (1mB/s is really slow when you are using it as player but also like a NAS to share contents with other computers).
Hey, I meant a solid state drive.

About the foxconn though, pretty sure it'll be an ok box for most, but I've got issues with mythtv based recordings so if this box can't play it, well it's useless to me.

On this, I'd like to add something, in case someone else is reading this about to order this.

I loaded up ubuntu 10.04 on this with mythfrontend, and guess what : Mythtv couldn't play the files either.

So there it is folks. I'm giving up on it. Not an xbmc bug. Must be something else, like the bus, I dunno.

I'd rate this semi fool proof throw *any* codec at it max 720p, and putting a 4gb stick in there is pointless.

Cost me a bunch of cash, believe me or not. That's my story.Oo
sebj Wrote:It's not active for sure, the bios is really barebones, not much tweaking allowed there.

Could it be the way xbmc interprets this codec? seeing a bunch of

WARNING: Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet.

and

#
WARNING: CALSADirectSound::GetSpace - get space failed. err: -32 (Broken pipe)
#
20:34:38 T:2835143536 M:3203170304 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:15039999.685444, should be:15072058.718473, error:32059.033029
DEBUG: CPullupCorrection: detected pattern of length 1: 16683.22

Not an expert here, but is the audio not being processed right?

This is beyond my understanding.
Those are quite common debug log lines, there's not really a way of knowing if those are signs of a problem without the full log.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Got my foxconn nt 330i, now what?0