[Web Interface Addon] wTouch - Web Based Gesture Remote Control
Is there any way to change the horizontal scrolling so that it acts like the vertical scrolling i.e. many items at once rather than one at a time? Great application by the way.

** FIXED **

Sorted it myself, for anyone who is interested in doing this, it's actually quite easy. In addons/webinterface.wtouch/ you need to find and edit index.html

Locate the line

Quote:var multipleX=false;

and change false to true. Reboot your system and you're good to go Smile

** NOT FIXED **

Unfortunately after playing with it for a bit I have noticed that you can't use the swipe controls for the Display GUI and Back when you have multiple scrolling enabled. Gonna keep messing about with it and see if I can come up with something that works.
Arteekay Wrote:Got it working in a few minutes on the Blackberry Torch 9800. Running Dharma beta 4, installed through add-ons browser.

Very cool, the only thing I can't figure out is how to do back/previous/7 seconds back, not implemented or am I just missing it?

I'm not sure the problems that you have. Basically the gesture remotes is just mimicking keyboard keystrokes:
  • Left Arrow (Swipe Left)
  • Right Arrow (Swipe Right)
  • Up Arrow (Swipe Up, may do multiple time)
  • Down Arrow (Swipe Down, may do multiple time)
  • Escape (Swipe Left, then Right at once stroke)
  • Tab (Swipe Right, then Left at once stroke)
  • C/property (Tap and Hold)
  • M/Media Control (Tap on Media Panel when it shown)
So if function that you need is not cover with that keyboard keypress, it would not work on wTouch. May I know what kind of keys that you need?

Anyway, I'm happy that you try on Torch, so I know at least Torch support for touch event on their browser Smile

roror Wrote:Using xbmc dharma beta 4 on win7 I can't even connect to the url Sad I am trying from ipod touch.
I'm afraid the problem is not on wTouch.
Make sure that the option "Allow Control of XBMC via HTTP" is checked/on.
And make sure you know the Ip Address of your XBMC, you can check on System Info - Network in your XBMC.
Then connect to the ip on your iPod Touch, remember the default port of XBMC web is 8080, unless you change it.
Try http://(ipaddress):8080 --change the (ipaddress) with your XBMC IP Address, and the port 8080 if you change the port in XBMC setting.

You may need to check your windows firewall, wether it allow access for port 8080 or no.

ndrillingcourt Wrote:Is there any way to change the horizontal scrolling so that it acts like the vertical scrolling i.e. many items at once rather than one at a time? Great application by the way.

Unfortunately after playing with it for a bit I have noticed that you can't use the swipe controls for the Display GUI and Back when you have multiple scrolling enabled. Gonna keep messing about with it and see if I can come up with something that works.

Well, yes you may have the problem. I'm tricking and used the non multiple on X, to able have more gesture for ESC and TAB. Thus I made the left and right not do key stroke multiple time.
This may lead issue on some Skin that have horizontal selection, But I have to make a choice with the limited option.

But I'm still open to more suggestion and will try find way and solution Smile
This works really well, so much better than gesture mode in xbmc remote app. Is it possible to configure the gestures? For example, pinch to lower volume, expand to raise volume etc.

Another frequent function I used is the 'i' <info> key. Could this be added? Swipe up with two fingers maybe?

Excellent work!
stinkupuss Wrote:This works really well, so much better than gesture mode in xbmc remote app. Is it possible to configure the gestures? For example, pinch to lower volume, expand to raise volume etc.

Another frequent function I used is the 'i' <info> key. Could this be added? Swipe up with two fingers maybe?

Excellent work!

Will try to think about it.
But, I'm not sure that will work on android. As at first, about 6 months ago, android browser still not support multi touch event, while mobile safari support up to 3 multitouch event.
peprasetya Wrote:May I know what kind of keys that you need?

Anyway, I'm happy that you try on Torch, so I know at least Torch support for touch event on their browser Smile

I guess I'm mostly looking for the backspace to get back to the parent directory in library mode. Currently I'm using tap and hold and going back to the root.

The torch is the first bb with a usable browser, thanks of course to webkit.
In Dharma Beta4 I'm getting the regular web interface on my iPhone, am I doing something wrong?

wTouch v0.3 is installed and enabled
Arteekay Wrote:I guess I'm mostly looking for the backspace to get back to the parent directory in library mode.

+1.

Really loving wtouch. I think it will be quickly adopted once more ppl discover it.
eriksmith200 Wrote:In Dharma Beta4 I'm getting the regular web interface on my iPhone, am I doing something wrong?

wTouch v0.3 is installed and enabled

Did you go to Network settings and select wtouch as web i/f?
Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work put into this add-on. The default web interface is not iOS friendly so this is definitely a must get for all iOS users.
I tried this last night. Just to report. Some of wipe function didn't work as expected. I don't know how to get music video to queue and how to switch audio track of those music video on-the-fly. It is, however, much faster then AJX. Thanks.
Just tried this and i really like it. Thank you for making it.

I'm using Dharma final on win7 in combi with an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1.
A few remarks:
- The context menu does not appear when tab+hold
- Tabbing on the media info panel does not do anything. I have to tab the box art to let the player control popup.

Other than that it works way fine!
fantoma Wrote:I tried this last night. Just to report. Some of wipe function didn't work as expected. I don't know how to get music video to queue and how to switch audio track of those music video on-the-fly. It is, however, much faster then AJX. Thanks.

I have to admit that it could not be done in wTouch at moment.
The File Browser for Video and Audio is different as the audio section have Shuffle option that add the list whole list into playlist. So if you select a video (music video) from video file browser then the playlist is cleared and play the selected file.

I'm thinking to make the media browser as simplest as possible so not much feature to manipulating the playlist

Scidd0w Wrote:Just tried this and i really like it. Thank you for making it.

I'm using Dharma final on win7 in combi with an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.1.
A few remarks:
- The context menu does not appear when tab+hold
- Tabbing on the media info panel does not do anything. I have to tab the box art to let the player control popup.

Other than that it works way fine!
Not really sure what was happened, but will try on my XP later, sorry does not have win 7. Although I'm really doubt that it's related with the OS.

Anyway, could you try to use your keyboard on menu and press c to show the context menu?
And when have media on play, try type m.

if the c and m does not work, it might another problem
Pressing C an M on the keyboard works as expected.
It looks like, although I have no evidence, that the tab+hold action is not detected on my iPhone4.

With the media info panel, do you mean the little panel all the way down the screen when media is playing. With the title and the playing time? If so I can tab on it what I want but nothing happens. If i tab above it (on the box art od the movie) the player controls popup in XBMC.
Scidd0w Wrote:Pressing C an M on the keyboard works as expected.
It looks like, although I have no evidence, that the tab+hold action is not detected on my iPhone4.

I could not reproduce the problem, so right now have no solution.
Any other else have the same issue with Scidd0w?

Scidd0w Wrote:With the media info panel, do you mean the little panel all the way down the screen when media is playing. With the title and the playing time? If so I can tab on it what I want but nothing happens. If i tab above it (on the box art od the movie) the player controls popup in XBMC.

Yes the Media Info Panel is the little panel that shown when XBMC play somethings.
Yes for me on my ipad exactly the same for TAB.

other probleme

I can't show my music from "music folder" only artist work.

Nothing happen when i clic on "genre" too.

i try on 3 ios device it's the same.

thx for answering us !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] wTouch - Web Based Gesture Remote Control0