[Web Interface Addon] wTouch - Web Based Gesture Remote Control
stinkupuss Wrote:Did you go to Network settings and select wtouch as web i/f?

oops I missed that, now it works Smile
but now when I use firefox on my desktop pc, when I click "browse", I get an empty screen with only the close button at top right. Is it maybe possible, based on device or browser, to be sent to a different web front-end?
archizor Wrote:Yes for me on my ipad exactly the same for TAB.

other probleme

I can't show my music from "music folder" only artist work.

Nothing happen when i clic on "genre" too.

i try on 3 ios device it's the same.

thx for answering us !

Could you describe more about your configuration?
Like the OS for the XBMC, iOS versions?

And i'm not really understand with 'can't show my music from "music folder"'
In Media Browser, there is "Music" and "Music Library"
When you select Music, you will browse the music folders defined in XBMC.
Selecting Music Library, you will be lead to sub menu to browse the library by genre, artist, album, or directly the song list.

Make sure that you music library is browsable through the normal XBMC music library, genre, artus, album and songs too. There is one feature that exists in XBMC music library that unable implement on the web interface, which is compilation.

eriksmith200 Wrote:oops I missed that, now it works Smile
but now when I use firefox on my desktop pc, when I click "browse", I get an empty screen with only the close button at top right. Is it maybe possible, based on device or browser, to be sent to a different web front-end?

After little investigation, there is little collision between wTouch script with the firefox, as the wTouch script is using variable that already defined by firefox. Will fix on future update, but this will not become any priority, as the design of wTouch is to be used with touchable devices, which is mostly use WebKit.

For different front-end, I'm afraid it can't be done under Dharma. The develpers plan to use different url for each addons for Eden, and I'm not in position to tell when Eden will come.
This is great stuff, promising work peprasetya!

A few questions, and also a response to your previous post, which is a problem i am also seeing here:

peprasetya Wrote:Could you describe more about your configuration?
Like the OS for the XBMC, iOS versions?

And i'm not really understand with 'can't show my music from "music folder"'
In Media Browser, there is "Music" and "Music Library"
When you select Music, you will browse the music folders defined in XBMC.
Selecting Music Library, you will be lead to sub menu to browse the library by genre, artist, album, or directly the song list.

Make sure that you music library is browsable through the normal XBMC music library, genre, artus, album and songs too.

I'm using an ipad (ios 4.2) with xbmc dharma on arch linux here. While i can browse normally, the Genre list shows nothing in wTouch. I can see it fetching data like the other listings (spinning icon), but nothing is shown on the screen. Genres are browsing okay on xbmc itself.

One other issue is that tapping the media info (bottom panel) to show Player Control doesn't seem to do anything.

And one last question: do you accept skins for the interface, or are there ways to change the skin ourselves?

Thanks!
-lite
I did a little bit of debugging, webkit is crashing here:

Code:
#535 Cannot call method 'getElementsByTagName' of null

You are retrieving an xml object:

Code:
#534 var resp=httpRequest.responseXML;
#535 var fields=resp.getElementsByTagName('field');

But are receiving html:

Code:
<html>
<field>MyGenre</field>
<field>...</field>
</html>

Maybe this is a problem? Can you also receive this list through json like the other data?

One last question: can you make showing the artwork optional in listview? I have a very big collection and on the ipad this takes about 1 minute to parse for the artist view. Another (nicer) option would be to make a combination of alphabetizing and pagination for the lists, but this is obviously more work. Wink

Thanks again,
-lite
litemotiv Wrote:I'm using an ipad (ios 4.2) with xbmc dharma on arch linux here. While i can browse normally, the Genre list shows nothing in wTouch. I can see it fetching data like the other listings (spinning icon), but nothing is shown on the screen. Genres are browsing okay on xbmc itself.

I did a little bit of debugging, webkit is crashing here:

Code:
#535 Cannot call method 'getElementsByTagName' of null

You are retrieving an xml object:

Code:
#534 var resp=httpRequest.responseXML;
#535 var fields=resp.getElementsByTagName('field');

But are receiving html:

Code:
<html>
<field>MyGenre</field>
<field>...</field>
</html>

Maybe this is a problem? Can you also receive this list through json like the other data?

I'm not sure, as I'm expecting the result data is something like this:
Code:
<html>
<field>0</field><field>Classical</field>
<field>1</field><field>Holiday</field>
<field>2</field><field>Pop</field>
(....  etc .....)
</html>
My test is on Dharma (Final), Mac Os X 10.6.5, and iOS 4.2
Sorry still have no idea to help

litemotiv Wrote:One other issue is that tapping the media info (bottom panel) to show Player Control doesn't seem to do anything.

Really confused on these case. The Tap and Hold is sending 'C' (uppercase) to XBMC and the tap on Medio Info is sending 'M' (Uppercase) too.

On normal usage we use 'c' and 'm' on keyboard to get the actions.
On my test case XBMC run on Mac Os X (Dharma) and Fedora (compiled from svn), sending 'c' and 'm' from wTouch is not work and only work with 'C' and 'M'.

If you are willing to try, try to use the Soft Keyboard (tap the keyboard Icon) and use combination 'M' and 'm', as it will send the keys as keypress to XBMC, and see the result, which one work to open the Player Control in XBMC.

litemotiv Wrote:And one last question: do you accept skins for the interface, or are there ways to change the skin ourselves?
Hope to have it, but as web addon I do not think we can have server side script. Please correct me on this, as I do not touch the XBMC source code.

Anyway, what kind of 'skins' that you want to change?
As the main view, is actually just the gesture pad, and have image of the played media.
The Media Browser is about mimicking (although not entirely) the iOS UI.
litemotiv Wrote:One last question: can you make showing the artwork optional in listview? I have a very big collection and on the ipad this takes about 1 minute to parse for the artist view. Another (nicer) option would be to make a combination of alphabetizing and pagination for the lists, but this is obviously more work. Wink
I was try to avoid make some option as that need storage to save the option/preferences. But I'll see on future for the possibility.
And about alphabetizing and pagination, do mean it's something like the Contacs and Song List in iOS and iOS's iTunes?
peprasetya Wrote:Anyway, what kind of 'skins' that you want to change?
As the main view, is actually just the gesture pad, and have image of the played media.
The Media Browser is about mimicking (although not entirely) the iOS UI.

I was try to avoid make some option as that need storage to save the option/preferences. But I'll see on future for the possibility.
And about alphabetizing and pagination, do mean it's something like the Contacs and Song List in iOS and iOS's iTunes?

I was thinking about a few different themes, like white-on black and black-on-white, selectable though a settings screen and perhaps stored in a cookie. I have a bit of javascript experience myself, so i might just fiddle with it a bit and you could decide if you want to port that to your application. Smile

I must admit i have never user itunes, so i'm not sure what that looks like, but i will investigate a bit further and provide more information if i find something usable.

edit: the press-media-bar function works now, i think i did something wrong before
Is there suposed to be a trackbar for seeking when I tap the little bar on the bottom?
I see it move up when i click it but only the black background is displayed there.

Very nice interface overall. I just wish I could get this trackbar to show up.
Very slick! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

I'm running a nexus one android on 2.2 and all gestures working great.
The UI has rendering/interface issues though.

Tappinig the currently playing info at the bottom of the page highlights it for a moment as if were a button but nothing happens.

Browsing UI initially appears okay, but the page does not scroll when listing is longer than 1 page. When trying to scroll the browser renders the page with a scrollbar both up/down and left/right. Not much bigger than the screen.

I do have a great gesture feature suggestion though! scrolling when you draw circles!
You know how ipods and scrolling with the clickwheel/touchwheel worked right?
I suppose everything in xbmc is up/down/left/right dependant on the skin so we cant have the scrollwheel universal in all contexts. Perhaps there is a way to interact with lists independent of keypress emulation?
Could ff/rw with it in fullscreen too.
golfandsurf Wrote:Is there suposed to be a trackbar for seeking when I tap the little bar on the bottom?
I see it move up when i click it but only the black background is displayed there.

Very nice interface overall. I just wish I could get this trackbar to show up.

It's should not black background, but it's more likely the screen was scrolled way up, so the part that should not shown, then shown.

This seem a tricky part, as it's have different behavior when you do open the wTouch in mobile safari than the wTouch installed as WebApp (Installation is through the mobile safari, then select the Center arrow icon ans add to home screen). As WebApp, i allow to have fullscreen area, removing the bottom navigation bar.

There is no trackbar here, as wTouch designed as not to be seen remote and you keep focus on TV not the phone, Except the media browser.

Loto_Bak Wrote:Tappinig the currently playing info at the bottom of the page highlights it for a moment as if were a button but nothing happens.
It should open the Media Player Panel on your XBMC
Loto_Bak Wrote:Browsing UI initially appears okay, but the page does not scroll when listing is longer than 1 page. When trying to scroll the browser renders the page with a scrollbar both up/down and left/right. Not much bigger than the screen.
This is seem different implementation of the webkit render engine Sad
I could not help on this as I do not have test device.
Loto_Bak Wrote:I do have a great gesture feature suggestion though! scrolling when you draw circles!
You know how ipods and scrolling with the clickwheel/touchwheel worked right?
Good idea, although I do not know how to implement and calculate the rotation gesture. But will check wether it's workable or no.
Is there a way to control next/previous/pause?
needed for music control imo
Loto_Bak Wrote:Is there a way to control next/previous/pause?

No direct function on that as I focused on gesture only and i tried to avoid buttons remote.
So you need to see your TV/display an just move finger on the device remote screen.
Loto_Bak Wrote:Is there a way to control next/previous/pause?

I think you could try my remote (here) that could fit your needs.

Sorry for the "pub".
Ishiro Wrote:I think you could try my remote (here) that could fit your needs.

Sorry for the "pub".

I'm more than happy that you could 'reuse' and make more functionality of small part of my code. Could not wait that you submit it to the add-ons repo.

It's actually I really hope once I published my little research, and to get a richer web experience for XBMC
Hi, I just downloaded XBMC today because I need a media center that is controllable from iPhone via web UI, and found your wTouch. I really like it, it works great, except of one thing:

I can acces library only (Movies). When I click on Browse - Video, I get the list of sources, but clicking on the source doesn't do anything. Any ideas what's wrong here? I'm on Win7, XBMC 10.0...

P.S.: I have Czech language Win7, maybe this could have something to do with it?

Edit: I found it works with network folder, it just doesn't work with the internal HDD...
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to add Pictures slideshow to the web interface. I managed to get the Pictures link, when clicked, get the directory and files listing, and to start a slideshow with predefined folder. But I cannot find out how to get a variable with the folder path: I would like to click on a picture in a directory and start slideshow with photos in that directory.

This code starts the slideshow of predefined directory:

Code:
function openSlideshow(file)
{
  jsonRequest('XBMC.StartSlideshow', '"directory": "c:/fotky/"')
}

How should I modify the script to get the directory variable? Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] wTouch - Web Based Gesture Remote Control0