[WINDOWS] Hauppauge HD-PVR LiveTV Made Easy
I was messing around abit and found a way to watch my live tv in xbmc without anything other than a directshow filter and graphstudio.

Here is what i did and what you need

Download graphstudio

Download Elecard Codec SDK G4 Eval

Go to C:\Program Files\Elecard\Elecard Codec SDK G4 Eval\Components and run RegFilters batch file

Open Graph Studio and build a graph as follows

hauppauge hd pvr crossbar -> hauppauge hd pvr capture device -> Hauppauge hd pvr encoder -> elecard nwrenderer

Right click on nwrenderer go to the information tab and click save sdp.
Save it anywhere you would like i made a folder called LiveTv and put only that file in it. Now click play in graphstudio and leave it open minimized your hd-pvr should light up if it is running. Go to the folder where you saved your sdp file and change the file extension from .sdp to .ts

Open XBMC go add your LiveTv folder and then play the sdp(ts) file.

Thats it!

It may not seem that simple by how long the writeup is but it only takes like 2-3 minutes to setup.

P.S. This is only live tv for now and you have to start and stop the "stream" manually.

This will also work over a network assuming it will handle the 15+ MB/s streaming.
Good afternoon my friend. Few questions.
This happens only with this card? If Yes,pls write the exact TV CARD MODEL.
And then what is going on?It gives any plugin into XBMC?
I have an MSI tv card and i tried the following.I intalled the Elecard Codec but in the Graphstudio it just shows a window where i can not write anything.
Pls give exactly the steps one by one like the students in the school because i am not so expert with computers.
Thanks for your attention.
And pls pls if you can show me these steps with screen shots if it is possible.
Vagelis...............
It may work with the card your trying to use im not sure. Im talking about the hauppauge hd-pvr any other card i wouldnt be able to tell you as i dont have them to test with. No its nothing you add as far as a plugin or anything its just the video capture device streaming into a dummy transport stream file.
Hi David
And how i will write these orders in the Graphstudio since i click in the window but it is dead.How to build this graph?
Also in the orders instead of Hauppage i have to write MSI or something like that?
You dont write them thats just the layout you would add the directshow filters from the filter menu. The nwrenderer is under directshow filters and the others are under wdm streaming capture, encoder and crossbar sub menus.
David thank you but all these things are difficult for me.i can not understand all these steps unless i see them in screenshots.
Anyway be sure i will watch your posts with the the others and maybe i catch something.
yeah i posted a screenshot but as i said im not sure if it will work with other cards.
AllRight all these things are for the new generation who knows a lot. Ha Ha Ha
And how i will write into the graph?It does not allow me to write.And the squares you created in yourscreenshot how you did it?
Hey david, great post... I've been looking for something like this for a while. Just a question or two: Are you running a set top box (comcast, cox, etc) into the HD PVR to get your live TV? If so, what, if any, kind of delay or audio sync issues have you noticed when changing channels?

Looking forward to picking up the HD PVR and giving this a try. If i can get it working cleanly I'll start trying to automate stopping and starting the stream.

Thanks -Steve
yes i use a stb from directv with optical audio input and i dont get any audio sync issues at all it plays back better in xbmc than anything else.
Any chance of some help? I started my video capture device from my capture/TV card and added what you indicated in graph studio and got this but I cannot save a file from the renderer device.

david3663 Wrote:yes i use a stb from directv with optical audio input and i dont get any audio sync issues at all it plays back better in xbmc than anything else.

sounds good. thanks again
olegeiser Wrote:Any chance of some help? I started my video capture device from my capture/TV card and added what you indicated in graph studio and got this but I cannot save a file from the renderer device.

Yeah you got the graph all wrong you need to go from the capture device to a multiplexing filter. Elecard's that comes in the same download the nwrenderer filter does the job. you need to remove decoders and video/audio render filters as your going into a stream filter not directly rendering it in graphstudio. When you add the multiplex filter mux it as a transport stream and connect that filter to the nwrenderer (thats where you save the .sdp file that you will rename to have a .ts extension. On a final note i'm not sure if your card will work as it doesn't look to have a hardware encoder but i'm not sure i'm just going by the graph i see.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Hauppauge HD-PVR LiveTV Made Easy0