Just wanted to show off some modifications i made
puulima Wrote:Been playing with some different ways to do this and finally tried your method tonight...both with the AHK script and AHK running in the background and with a compiled version. Results were the same - stuck in an endless loop! It works as you noted, but there is no way to get out of XBMC - if I close XBMC, the script starts it again, if I <alt><tab> to the dektop or any other program, the script sends me back to XBMC. I had to start task manager to kill it...and fortunately have 2 monitors going otherwise, it doesn't give you enough time to kill it before it shifts back to XBMC.

Do you leave XBMC running all the time? How do you get out of the loop when you shut down XBMC?

yes, that is a minor annoyance to the script. im going to be messing around to see if i can resolve that. not sure if its possible. that said if you hit the \ button it will put xbmc in a window. go to your taskbar by the clock and you should be able to right click on the H icon, and either pause or exit the script, which will allow you to get out of xbmc and do something else. my htpc has one job, and thats to act as a media center, so i dont do anything besides xbmc/hulu on it, so the way its acting by restarting xbmc doesnt really bother me.
puulima Wrote:So I get how this script will work with 2 programs - but sketchy on how to structure it with all 3?

Simple scenario which is your scenario with Boxee thrown into the mix:
- What I have setup already:
* Autologon to Windows when HTPC starts
* XBMC starts up automatically as well
- Plan to do
* XBMC to get menu options to start (switch to) both Hulu & Boxee (killing XBMC to do so)
* To get back to XBMC - exit Hulu or Boxee - XBMC restarts

Can one script handle that? (ignoring the first 2 points of course which I have covered)

The trick is that this BoxeeLauncher works but as noted above - is a bit rough as it's transitioning - perhaps the AHK script will help since it will be killing XBMC - but not sure if that will take place after all the window switching noise?

Other question - besides scrolling down to the EXIT option in Hulu Desktop - is there a way to exit it via programming a button on the remote? (perhaps using EventGhost?)

If you can assist with how the script would read for the 3 app "simple scenario" - that would be great.

Much thanks!
im still working on the 3 app (or more) scenario. Im working on building netflix support into mine next (by jumping from xbmc to windows media center netflix app directly) i can get it to open the netflix app, but it doesnt want to play nice yet. im sure enough messing with the code and ill have it
Would you be willing to share the Pandora background image that you're using, or where I can find a copy? If you'd like it hosted, I can put it up on my site--i've got unlimited bandwidth.
ThWACkD Wrote:Would you be willing to share the Pandora background image that you're using, or where I can find a copy? If you'd like it hosted, I can put it up on my site--i've got unlimited bandwidth.

here you go
http://otonly.com/Oct/pandora2.png
thesuffering Wrote:yes, that is a minor annoyance to the script. im going to be messing around to see if i can resolve that. not sure if its possible. that said if you hit the \ button it will put xbmc in a window. go to your taskbar by the clock and you should be able to right click on the H icon, and either pause or exit the script, which will allow you to get out of xbmc and do something else. my htpc has one job, and thats to act as a media center, so i dont do anything besides xbmc/hulu on it, so the way its acting by restarting xbmc doesnt really bother me.

I found a solution that allows you to do everything in your setup plus quit xbmc and do things on the desktop without having XBMC load again.

I didn't want to hijack this thread so please go here for the steps.
thesuffering:

Thanks for sharing the Pandora background. Would you mind sharing the Hulu background as well? I did a Google Image search and I couldn't find it.

Thanks
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:thesuffering:

Thanks for sharing the Pandora background. Would you mind sharing the Hulu background as well? I did a Google Image search and I couldn't find it.

Thanks

A search for Hulu Wallpaper did the trick.
Nice Wink
thesuffering Wrote:here you go
http://otonly.com/Oct/pandora2.png

any chance that pandora wallpaper is still kicking around?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just wanted to show off some modifications i made0