video 'catch up' after pause
I just switched to a NAS solution with a Revo 3610 Win7 front end. (I had a tower with an internal drive before). It seems that whenever I pause and unpause, it seems the video has to 'catch up' to the audio. Nothing skips or stutters, just the video seems to unpause a second later than the audio.

Is this a result of a NAS solution, or a setting with Dharma Beta 2? (I was using the previous stable version.)
Interested in this, I get that too.
Yah, there is something weird going on with unpause. I actually think that part of the audio is lost and the video quickly speeds up for half second to catch up to where the audio now is. When the video catches up then the audio starts playing again.

When pausing on a certain dialog, parts of it are missing on unpause.

Dharma Beta 3, DXVA enabled, SMB share.
See this thread for an explanation: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81718
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
I also have this problem. I wonder if this is causing me rewind problem too. Sometimes if I don't rewind fast enough it plays forward instead.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
yellowman Wrote:See this thread for an explanation: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81718

Ahhhh! The new audioengine is going to make me one happy camper, WASAPI output from the video player and hopefully better pausing. I can't wait!!!
Jeff Flowerday Wrote:Ahhhh! The new audioengine is going to make me one happy camper, WASAPI output from the video player and hopefully better pausing. I can't wait!!!
Huh WASAPI from DVDplayer is already happening, what do you mean?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:Huh WASAPI from DVDplayer is already happening, what do you mean?

Not from my testing. How did you confirm it was?
Jeff Flowerday Wrote:Not from my testing. How did you confirm it was?
Hmmm... maybe I need to double check stuff. But I definitely select WASAPI in sound output (HDMI) and I definitely get sound from my movies.

Are you saying that sound is resampled internally by XBMC even when using WASAPI?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:Hmmm... maybe I need to double check stuff. But I definitely select WASAPI in sound output (HDMI) and I definitely get sound from my movies.

Are you saying that sound is resampled internally by XBMC even when using WASAPI?

No, I'm saying DirectSound is used to handle the audio from the dvdplayer, not WASAPI. WASAPI definately works from the music player though.

There is a simple way to test. Set your default directsound sample rate for your HDMI device to 24 bit 96 KHz or higher. On my receiver at least, it will say 96KHZ when making sounds from the menues etc. Directsound will upconvert/downconvert all audioto the sample rate you specifiy. When I play flac music files I can see my receiver switch to 48KHz and/or 44KHz when playing flac of that frequency. So the extracted stereo PCM audio is being bitstreamed and is bypassing directsound. When I play movies that I know has multi channel 48Khz flac audio in it, my amp never switches from 96KHz which tells me WASAPI isn't working and directsound is doing the audio and directsound is upconverting the LPCM to 96KHz.

Now I don't know if having actual LPCM in your mkv or m2ts file instead of flac would make a difference. But it shouldn't.
Hi Jeff, tried this as soon as I got home.

Nope, I set Windows 7 to 5.1 96KHz and, in foobar2000 Direct Sound, a stereo 44.1KHz mp3 was playing back in 5.1 96KHz, as expected.

In XBMC, everything came out bitperfect. I have DTS stuff, AC3 stuff, FLAC multichannels in MKVs... No upsample happened (and FLAC definitely gets decoded to 5.1 LPCM by XBMC before getting sent to the receiver). How are you connecting?

Edit: tried the interface thing you suggested. That got upsampled. On the same session I played back a concert MKV, with FLAC 5.1 lossless, and it stayed at 5.1 48KHz.
HDMI to Pioneer Elite Receiver. HDMI chosen in XBMC with 7.1 as speaker configuration.

ATI HDMI drivers from 10.9a catalyst. The 48KHz FLAC stuff in my MKVs definately shows up at my amp upsampled to 96KHz by directsound.
Jeff Flowerday Wrote:HDMI to Pioneer Elite Receiver. HDMI chosen in XBMC with 7.1 as speaker configuration.

ATI HDMI drivers from 10.9a catalyst. The 48KHz FLAC stuff in my MKVs definately shows up at my amp upsampled to 96KHz by directsound.
I'm on Dharma 2, I could post a debug log and you could do the same... or a developer could chime in and help us understand the difference (I'm on a GTX 460 HDMI, by the way).
ashlar Wrote:I'm on Dharma 2, I could post a debug log and you could do the same... or a developer could chime in and help us understand the difference (I'm on a GTX 460 HDMI, by the way).

One did on a previous thread I started. We should probably move the conversation back to this particular thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82873

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video 'catch up' after pause0