• 168(current)
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
Pre-Eden is causing alsorts of issue at the moment. JSON Calls are at the top of the list!

The screenshots are the results of different CSS Webkits in operation in different browsers, Google Chrome is the recommended.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Ringerl Wrote:My recents finds:

Code:
"params" : {"fields" : [...]}

has to be changed to

Code:
"params" : {"properties" : [...]}

and some "properties"/"fields" have changed and are not longer valid.

JSONRPC.Introspect get's you the details...
I'm more than prepared to do this, but I do not know where to start. Further information - or an idiots guide would be great.
Tried reading up on this stuff and it's way out of reach for me.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
I'm a trier - always have been, so I tried learning this from already updated projects. Let me know if I'm on the right track please!

Looks like I have found a lot of changes for this and most of which can be done in xbmcsonlib.php

My understanding is the variable should not change, but the parameters should, else it will cause more problems, changing the variables is going to be a very big job.

So far, I have got this from other projects...
Example (this, I think, is for the controls for NowPlaying Widget?)
Code:
//VideoPlayer

//'VideoPlayer.BigSkipBackward'   => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.BigSkipBackward", "id": 1}'),
        'VideoPlayer.BigSkipBackward'   => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Seek", "params": {"value": "bigbackward"}, "id": 1}'),

//'VideoPlayer.BigSkipForward'    => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.BigSkipForward", "id": 1}'),        
        'VideoPlayer.BigSkipForward'    => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Seek", "params": {"value": "bigforward"}, "id": 1}'),

//'VideoPlayer.Forward'           => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.Forward", "id": 1}'),
        'VideoPlayer.Forward'           => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.SetSpeed", "params": {"speed": "increment"}, "id": 1}'),

[b]//NOT WORKED THESE 2 OUT - BUT THINK IT MIGHT BE NOW COMBINED -[/b]
        //'VideoPlayer.GetPercentage'     => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GetProperties", "params": {"properties": [ "playlistid", "speed", "position", "totaltime", "time" ] }, "id": 1}
        //'VideoPlayer.GetTime         '     => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GetProperties", "params": {"properties": [ "playlistid", "speed", "position", "totaltime", "time" ] }, "id": 1}
        'VideoPlayer.GetPercentage'     => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.GetPercentage", "id": 1}'),
        'VideoPlayer.GetTime'           => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.GetTime", "id": 1}'),

//'VideoPlayer.PlayPause'         => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.PlayPause", "id": 1}'),
        'VideoPlayer.PlayPause'         => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.PlayPause", "id": 1}'),

//'VideoPlayer.Rewind'            => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.Rewind", "id": 1}'),
        'VideoPlayer.Rewind'            => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.SetSpeed", "params": {"speed": "decrement"}, "id": 1}'),

//'VideoPlayer.SkipPrevious'      => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.SkipPrevious", "id": 1}'),
        'VideoPlayer.SkipPrevious'      => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GoPrevious", "id": 1}'),

//'VideoPlayer.SkipNext'      => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.SkipNext", "id": 1}'),
        'VideoPlayer.SkipNext'          => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.GoNext", "id": 1}'),

'VideoPlayer.SmallSkipBackward' => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.SmallSkipBackward", "id": 1}'),

'VideoPlayer.SmallSkipForward'  => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.SmallSkipForward", "id": 1}'),

[b] //NOT WORKED THIS 1 OUT - BUT THINK IT MIGHT BE NOW COMBINED WITH Player.GetProperties - [/b]
        'VideoPlayer.State'             => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoPlayer.State", "id": 1}'),

'VideoPlayer.Stop'              => array('call' => '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Stop", "id": 1}'),
If this IS the right to go - it's NOT working and I'm getting myself even more confused! Big Grin
Hey Deja

I got a little request. Could you do a little mod on the SAB widget and change the speed label to a link which enables you to set the max speed? I think that's the only thing that widget is missing.

Ta in advance!
Hey guys, I have been away from this project for a long time! Work got really crazy, and they took away our internet access, so I basically never had time to work on this project.

I just spend about 8 hours working on re-working the Now Playing widget to make it compatible with both JSON interfaces XBMC uses. In the time since I was away, the Eden JSON interface has been changed considerably! It took a fair amount of work to get things back in working order, but I've pretty well got the Now Playing widget working correctly under all circumstances with both a stable 10.1 version of XBMC and a recent Nightly build of Eden.
I was able to improve upon earlier functionality in some minor ways.
1-there is case handling in place to manage Audio, Video, and Picture playback (although the Picture playback doesn't do anything since the current interfaces don't give us any info to display).
2-Because of 1, there is now proper audio playback display for both versions of XBMC Smile
3-I got the "Playlist" button working with both video and audio scenarios, although I need to bug bash that a bit more under the stable version of XBMC. I also set it up to bold the text for the "current" item Big Grin
4-I began looking at neat ways to extend functionality. Most recent new thing: an IMDB button that pops open a new browser window Big Grin

Here's some basic screenshots:

Of course everything about the design is subject to interpretation / fixing up.

I will probably do the XBMC Library widgets later today. I had them working before, but it looks like the changes that have been made to Eden have broken everything Tongue Will post to my Github ASAP
Catchy Signature Here
Great news SleepyP! Thanks for getting involved with this.
Totally over my head. If you like, and can explain how it works, I can try and give you a hand if possible.

This should hopefully give MFP a new lease of life.
Is it generally just the xbmcjsonlib.php your updating as that would make it easier to repair my repo - or is it a lot more involved? If it's just adjustments in the widgets I might get away with it. Smile
I bashed away on the XBMC LIbrary widget(s) for a bit and got them mostly done. You can find the stuff in my most recent commit here:
https://github.com/DivinityCycle/mediafr...77f7e27cb2
All the changes I made where in the four files showing up in that commit.

I have the Library widgets working except for the "click to play" functionality in Eden, which is due to the restructured "Player" methods. In Eden's JSON, there is just "Player", not "AudioPlayer" and "VideoPlayer". I am too tired to figure out how to make it work right now, but will probably be able to sort this out soon.

After I get this crap fixed, next targets:
-Eden support for the System Info widget
-A working "mobile" version of the site I can use on my phone...
Catchy Signature Here
Done with my sab widget speed set mod. Where should I send it?

Edit: Almost done. Anyone know how I could go about halting/delaying the refresh and then refreshing once the command has been sent to sab?
Also, how do I cure the problem of AutoMovies generating HUGE amounts of errors in my apache log? Doesn't help much with debugging other stuff.
About AutoMovies, what kind of errors are you getting? If you give me an idea of what they are I should be able to help fix them. That's actually one of the unglamorous tasks I took on in the past, finding & resolving errors that cause log items but no real functional problems. WOO SO FUN! Tongue

As for contributing your code in, if you're just planning on doing this as a one-off thing you could send it to any of the contributors. Most of the more regular contributors set up Github repos. Its free and not too hard if you're doing this kind of stuff. It DID honestly take me like 20 minutes to remember how to check my changes in once I was ready to put up my most recent works.

ALSO, I feel that my updated XBMC Library and Now Playing widgets are ready for some field testing. If you wanna give them a whirl, just go grab the 4 files listed here:
I recommend you "backup" your current ones by renaming them, then stick these into your MFP installation and see how she works. I did a fair amount of testing, but I did end up working on this stuff for like 12 hours straight, so I wanna have someone else check my work to make sure I didn't mess up anything dumb.

I'm gonna start looking at the SystemInfo widget next, since that's causing several nasty errors with Eden.
Catchy Signature Here
I did a git clone of yours. Don't think it's compatible with Deja's is it? Using that mainly at the mo. He's done a lot of work on it and it's looking great.

In fact, just copied them in to standard mfp and now that's not loading.
My only problem with Deja's is that it won't load any video images at all.

Anyone know how to get movie sets working? They're listed first in on the Movies list, rather than being in alphabetical order, and if I click on one it just blanks the widget. Not even the 'back' link.

Another edit: Also if you're about, Deja, is there any reason I've got a scroll bar on my page even though none of the widgets stretch past the bottom?
nashant Wrote:My only problem with Deja's is that it won't load any video images at all.

Anyone know how to get movie sets working? They're listed first in on the Movies list, rather than being in alphabetical order, and if I click on one it just blanks the widget. Not even the 'back' link
If you are referring to the thumbnails I noticed this to. It is a problem in the config.php in setting the $xbmcimgpath variable for non-reverse-proxy setups. The value is missing a trailing "/"
Bitchin'! Cheers, Zarquon

Zarquon Wrote:If you are referring to the thumbnails I noticed this to. It is a problem in the config.php in setting the $xbmcimgpath variable for non-reverse-proxy setups. The value is missing a trailing "/"
SleepyP Wrote:I bashed away on the XBMC LIbrary widget(s) for a bit and got them mostly done. You can find the stuff in my most recent commit here:
All the changes I made where in the four files showing up in that commit.

I have the Library widgets working except for the "click to play" functionality in Eden, which is due to the restructured "Player" methods. In Eden's JSON, there is just "Player", not "AudioPlayer" and "VideoPlayer". I am too tired to figure out how to make it work right now, but will probably be able to sort this out soon.

After I get this crap fixed, next targets:
-Eden support for the System Info widget
-A working "mobile" version of the site I can use on my phone...

Great job. I was going to give it a go after my exams next week but seems like there's no need anymore...

Can someone give me the news on things tho? Which repo is this running on? From what I've read, Deja seems to be the one updating this, right?
Maraschino - github - website
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps9