• 5(current)
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps
DejaVu77 Wrote:Loving the new Highslide support - nice to see this is being improved on all the time! Thanks guys, great work and sure this will catch on 10 fold soon!

However, I've noticed a bug with the Recent TV widget. It's displaying the Fan Art as opposed to the Season Cover (or episode thumb). Just thought I'd bring it to your attention Smile

Would now be a good time to put in a request for an option for a CSS Style Drop down menu to add links associated to the Nav bar (seeing as JQuery has been added into the mix!)? IE -

SickBeard >
Update XBMC
Force Backlog Check
History
Show Log
Add Show (Widget?)

CouchPotato >
Manage
Soon
Add Movie (Widget?)

Perhaps a Widget if possible for Wanted Movies (Ones that are awaiting to be found by CP).

I thought perhaps something similar to this.

I understand we all have 'real lives' so no great rush, just some ideas/suggestions I thought would be great to include. I would try myself, but every time I try, I seem to break something! Big Grin

Mind you, I'm great with icons and graphics and stuff if any help is needed!

I was thinking a sub-menu would be cool too. I'm not a big fan of dropdowns myself. I was thinking more of a horizontal menu that shows up under the main menu bar. Go to Sickbeard, those menu items appear under the main. My 2cents.
I've been chatting with Nick8888, and have come up with a few draft layout ideas and we wanted to get everyone's opinions on them.

I still have two other menu ideas I'll put together in the next few days, and I also want to have a darker theme like there is now.

Today I got this thing working and I like it! Managing my mediacenter from wherever I want is great. I've got some thoughts on things you can add/improve. Please look at my comment below in a positive way cause you already did a great job and you pleased me more than I could wish for Smile

First of all I like the new look. I would go for the second view with the icons but put them on the left. I don't like to go from left to right all the time. I like the colors on the Disk Usage bars as well.

That brings me to al little bug. I don't know if this is due to the widget or some other API/Windows/... calculation but MediaFrontPage shows the size of one of my disks as 2TB where this should be 1.5TB.

Besides that I would like to have a widget that shows my cpu and memory usage and another widget that shows current down and upload.

Another thing that I am missing is a settings page. It would be easier if I just do all the settings in a page on the Mediafronpage. Opening the config file all the time isn't so user friendly.

One last mark that could be of help to other people trying to install. I had to activate curl in php.ini because I kept getting an error message. I did this by removing the semicolon in front of the curl line.

Thanks for this great tool.
I totally agree with above comments. Only the disk usage colors I would change to 3 colors: Green, orange, red. And % should read Free i think.
DejaVu77 Wrote:However, I've noticed a bug with the Recent TV widget. It's displaying the Fan Art as opposed to the Season Cover (or episode thumb). Just thought I'd bring it to your attention Smile

Just a note on the "bug" actually it will display the thumb when available. If the thumb is not returned by JSON then I go to the fanart and if that is not returned then nothing is displayed. The recent movies work the same way. Season Cover is not an option using the GetRecentlyAddedEpisodes method so I haven't even tried.
Here are the last two drafts of the first layout idea. I'll be working on a darker theme that I hope to have done in the next day or two. The second one here is just showing what it could look like with the sub-menu for things like sickbeard. I wonder if all those things could then show up in the iframe?

jodeman Wrote:Image

My personal favourite, but think the colour of menu bar and main background need to be a 'closer'. i.e both dark or light.
Definite step in the right direction for sure! I do love the cleanness of these layouts. I say code the layout, then tweak it. The more people that uses this the more input you can get. This is eye catching stuff, stove this on the first page of the thread and BAM.

Keep it up guys, this work IS being appreciated. Wink
looks very promising! gonna give it a shot when i come home. Upcomming Ep's will only work when using Sickbeard i guess?

Any plans to integrate the Web-control-page of tvheadend? and Couchpotato?
HTPC + Mediaserver
E8400 - ABIT I-N73HD - 2GB DDR2 - 3.5TB - Geforce G210 - ANTEC FUSION V2 - Ubuntu 10.04 - XBMC-PVR

TV-Server
Ubuntu 10.04 - Tvheadend - Smargo Reader - Oscam Card Server - 2x PCI DVB-C
I'm guessing the colors and general design of Media Front Page can be changed by simply changing the CSS correct?

I'm going to backup the originals and try to create a different 'theme' today. Smile
DejaVu77 Wrote:I'm guessing the colors and general design of Media Front Page can be changed by simply changing the CSS correct?

I'm going to backup the originals and try to create a different 'theme' today. Smile

As an FYI you can make any changes you want in a custom CSS file (say DejaVu77.css) and then set the $customStyleSheet variable in your config.php
Code:
$customStyleSheet = "css/DejaVu77.css";
This way any changes you make will not be clobbered by a code update.
Howdy guys,

Firstly; loving this. The ability to have all the information from all these sources in one place is amazing!
I do have two questions though, hopefully neither too hard (or too obvious; don't wanna look silly!).

Firstly, are the changes to the layout (minimising boxes, moving them about etc) meant to be persisted? Because they don't seem to be for me, but that could just be Safari being awkward. I'd try Firefox, but it's late and I'm heading off to bed in a sec.

Secondly, I can't for the life of me figure out how the 'Control' section is meant to work. I've set up a Location in Apache to proxy /xbmc to localhost with the correct port, and the JSON-RPC stuff works fine. However, when I go to any of the default control URLs, all I get is
Code:
<html><head><title>File not found</title></head><body>File not found</body></html>
I'm guessing that's not meant to happen. I have no idea where I've gone wrong with this.

Anyway, thanks again, and cheerio.
Sean.
It saves the layout settings each time you move/collapse/edit/remove something in the layout.php. You will need to copy the default-layout.php, rename it and make sure your webserver has the correct permissions to write to it.

The control section is just for shortcuts. Add your own links as you please in config.php, the default ones are not supposed to work. I have mine hooked up to irsend to turn my tv on etc but I left it for people who wish to quickly browse to these forums or a particular page of sickbeard etc. The other option, after you've made layout.php writeable is just to remove it by clicking the x.
Thanks Nick, that's gotten the movement and collapsing working.
I might have uncovered a bug; hiding a widget (clicking the x) doesn't seem to persist, even when other changes do.

Also, thanks for the info on the controls. I'll have to look into maybe extending it to be able to send JSON messages (for things like update library).
Yeh, its very primitive code, which needs some work. We need to look at a better way of saving the widget's layout and settings from the javascript to the php. This is definitely not an area where I have any experience or expertise. Zarquon has discussed making it send this data in json but neither of us have had time to implement this.

In reality its probably good that it doesn't remove widgets as there is currently not a method to get it back other than using the default-layout.php again. If you do want to remove one it should be possible to just remove it from the widget directory.

An easy way to update the library is to just link to sickbeard/home/updateXBMC/ (where sickbeard is the location of your sickbeard) or even use the current httpapi to execute a built in function. But it wouldn't be too difficult to make a link which did it within mediafrontpage through the new jsonrpc.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps9