• 55(current)
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC
theironyuppie Wrote:when i go to artist information> get fanart, the fanart is off centre:

That whole view is jacked up. Smile I'll work on it this weekend.
-stoli-
hey stoli, any chance of integrating the TV Guide ala Simplicity? That would be really cool.

tboooe Wrote:hey stoli, any chance of integrating the TV Guide ala Simplicity? That would be really cool.

I looked into it a while ago and if I recall it is a TON of code. It's always a possibility...
-stoli-
Maybe I'm mistaken but is there "trailer" support in Neon, Stoli? (In other skins, you usually have to press up or down to play the trailer for a particular movie.)
Morbeas Wrote:Maybe I'm mistaken but is there "trailer" support in Neon, Stoli? (In other skins, you usually have to press up or down to play the trailer for a particular movie.)

It varies from view to view, but "I"nfo screen always has a trailer option.

Thanks,
-stoli-
Thumbs Up 
tboooe Wrote:hey stoli, any chance of integrating the TV Guide ala Simplicity? That would be really cool.

With big props to igotdvd's this is basically done. Smile I only have one tv show at the office, so I have no idea how well my hack of igotdvd's is yet. I'll finish it up this weekend though.

The TV Guide is enabled by default and can be turned off in Skin > Homepage options.

Also added quite a few new studio and genre logos/icons.

Enjoy!
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:It varies from view to view, but "I"nfo screen always has a trailer option.

Thanks,

For the sake of simplicity, would it be possible to have it so that depending on the view, either up/down or left/right invokes the trailer?
Morbeas Wrote:For the sake of simplicity, would it be possible to have it so that depending on the view, either up/down or left/right invokes the trailer?

In all honesty I'm more inclined to remove it entirely from all views so a mistaken up/down/left/right does not start the trailer. I've never liked the idea that a trailer starts because I pressed the wrong key.

Starting a movie, show or song based on an arrow movement is not very intuitive in a gui...
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:In all honesty I'm more inclined to remove it entirely from all views so a mistaken up/down/left/right does not start the trailer. I've never liked the idea that a trailer starts because I pressed the wrong key.

Starting a movie, show or song based on an arrow movement is not very intuitive in a gui...

I see your point but like in other skins, you would have the user press the same key a second time to confirm the trailer request. So simply pressing a key by accident won't accidentally invoke a trailer.
Morbeas Wrote:I see your point but like in other skins, you would have the user press the same key a second time to confirm the trailer request. So simply pressing a key by accident won't accidentally invoke a trailer.

Actually that's not how it works - check Showcase view as an example, a single down arrow starts the trailer... I'll review it this weekend.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Actually that's not how it works - check Showcase view as an example, a single down arrow starts the trailer... I'll review it this weekend.

Thanks so much Stoli. I would love for you to simplify the way a user can invoke trailers as I find it very useful to just show someone the trailer for a movie they haven't yet seen.
stoli Wrote:With big props to igotdvd's this is basically done. Smile I only have one tv show at the office, so I have no idea how well my hack of igotdvd's is yet. I'll finish it up this weekend though.

The TV Guide is enabled by default and can be turned off in Skin > Homepage options.

Also added quite a few new studio and genre logos/icons.

Enjoy!

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!! Many many thanks. Your work is both admired and greatly appreciated!
Big Grin 
tboooe Wrote:YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!! Many many thanks. Your work is both admired and greatly appreciated!

You say that and yet it's the only update I've pushed with truly zero testing...
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:You say that and yet it's the only update I've pushed with truly zero testing...

Thats alright...whats the worst that can happenHuh A++ for effort!
Stoli, I think I figured out how to change the font of the scrolling artist and album bio in the MediaInfo2 and Album view. I believe I have to modify the MusicLibraryViews.xml file but i am not exactly sure what field. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Regarding TV Guide:
Great job for no testing! I know this is only your first version but here is some feedback. For the most part, it seems to work well, except for the following:
-when a certain day is selected it wants to use banners but all of my folder.jpg are in poster orientation...I think the logo or simple text would be fine instead of showing a graphic in the day view
-shows without logos should show plain text for the title on the main grid instead of a blank space
-shouldnt the tv guide show the current week instead of next week? Or perhaps default to the current week and allow users to scroll to the next week?
-I know I sound like a broken record on this one but the font is way too small. I have a 55" tv and the font is very hard to read...for me the font sizes in many of the views in Neon are just too small...am I the only one that thinks this?
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC4