• 56(current)
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC
stoli Wrote:Is it in that folder - They should be in \addons\skin.neon\media\flagging\audio

Yeah, it is in that folder. Not sure why it's not being displayed. Looks like it's being referenced correctly in this file :.xbmc/addons/skin.neon/720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml
tboooe Wrote:Stoli, I think I figured out how to change the font of the scrolling artist and album bio in the MediaInfo2 and Album view. I believe I have to modify the MusicLibraryViews.xml file but i am not exactly sure what field. Can you please point me in the right direction?

You'll be looking for <font>Font_Name</font> values

Quote:Regarding TV Guide:
Great job for no testing! I know this is only your first version but here is some feedback. For the most part, it seems to work well, except for the following:
-when a certain day is selected it wants to use banners but all of my folder.jpg are in poster orientation...I think the logo or simple text would be fine instead of showing a graphic in the day view
-shouldnt the tv guide show the current week instead of next week? Or perhaps default to the current week and allow users to scroll to the next week?

That's how igotdvd's designed it - as I said I simply hacked in his code and could not so much as view the results.

As I work it out, I'll address the obvious issues like fallback labels and such.

Quote:-I know I sound like a broken record on this one but the font is way too small. I have a 55" tv and the font is very hard to read...for me the font sizes in many of the views in Neon are just too small...am I the only one that thinks this?

I don't know what you have going on - the font size is pretty much the same as used in most other skins, notably Confluence. In many instances I use a larger font - notably compared to Simplicity where this came from. I use this on a 55", 40", 36" CRT, and 22" at the office and have no problems nor has anyone else complained.

I've pointed out repeatedly where you can make simple global changes for this and yet...
-stoli-
joelones Wrote:Yeah, it is in that folder. Not sure why it's not being displayed. Looks like it's being referenced correctly in this file :.xbmc/addons/skin.neon/720p/IncludesCodecFlagging.xml

Does it display properly in Confluence?
-stoli-
TV Guide on the home screen? Yes / No?

-stoli-
I think more options is always good... but I don't live in US, so, this add it's useless for me.
Day View - Posters

Day View 2 - Banners - Required banner.jpg in tv show folder. These can be bulk-downloaded from Settings > Skin > Movies/TV (new feature)

Along with this comes the addition of a bulk download options in Settings as mentioned as well as individual downloads via "I"nformation in the TV views.

Still a work in progress. Smile
-stoli-
Does this mean you have support for banner.jpg now throughout Neon?

Great work BTW using the poster in the day view.
stoli Wrote:Day View - Posters

Day View 2 - Banners - Required banner.jpg in tv show folder. These can be bulk-downloaded from Settings > Skin > Movies/TV (new feature)

Along with this comes the addition of a bulk download options in Settings as mentioned as well as individual downloads via "I"nformation in the TV views.

Still a work in progress. Smile

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for this skin Smile
tboooe Wrote:Does this mean you have support for banner.jpg now throughout Neon?

Great work BTW using the poster in the day view.

Not really. There were a couple of views that supported banners if that was your default. This will allow for a mix of Poster, Banner and Landscape in a single view w/out forcing a user to go hunt down the right files.

Now to come up with those new views.....
-stoli-
I made the change to the font size for the scrolling artist and album info. I changed it from 16 to 20 and it is much better! Now I need to figure out a way to increase the size of the text box in the MediaInfo 2 view. At the moment it is not very tall and placed at the bottom of the screen which makes it hard to read especially when there is a lot of text.
Wow great improvements! I love the new weather and tv guide!!

Just one thing...I have to run manually the next aired addon everytime I launch the skin
Helter_Skelter Wrote:Wow great improvements! I love the new weather and tv guide!!

Just one thing...I have to run manually the next aired addon everytime I launch the skin

I'll post a script I've updated to do that...
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Does it display properly in Confluence?

Just checked, does indeed. Here's a screenshot of the missing icon in neon.

Just something I notice concerning the new (great) tv guide feature, the default stretched banner images are still show up when navigating to a particular day.

Only when you select (click) the particular day do I see the correct banners.

One more non-Neon specific question. I have my XBMC configured to automatically update Neon from SVN. However, it seems when it updates Neon it forces my skin back to Confluence. Not a big deal for me, but it bugs my wife if I am not around. Any work around for that?
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC4