Xbox-saves
hi all!
my 2nd attempt at a script after a request Smile

first search for the game using the on screen keyboard, i think this is the easiest as compared to browsing the countless number of pages.

the saves available for the games will appear and click on them to download. it will also unzip imemdiately and create backups *.bak in the same saves folder, and if the saves are not working, you can select restore to get them back.

if u tested the saves and they are working great, you can clear the backup logs/files by selecting the clear option. of course, in theory this sounds great but i haven't tested it much to be honest. only tried on pro evolution soccer 4, and that's working fine.

on another note, if the zip files happen to be not in the correct order or it contains another zip (it happens), the file will not unzipped. it also definitely will not work for games requiring a resign etc.

so, yah, if you would like to test it, please ensure you make your own neccessary backups and do not try it on savegames you have spent precious time on :p

download location: http://kaer4.tripod.com
and we seem to have gained another precious scripter... altough i haven't tested it yet and still don't know when i can get the time to do so.... great job! thanks for helping extending the possibilities of xmbc. cheers and good luck with your (hopefully) future projects.
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/love_tropicana/
audioscrobbler.com + xbmc = happy kids!
yes! it's finally here!

been looking for a while now. good work. works great.

one suggestion though. evox trainers. maybe you could make it unzip the file. check if its an evox trainer (.etm ending). if it is then install it in a directory specified inside the script (just tell em to change the variable in the script before using)

surely that can be done. that would make it even better!

if not. then maybe a dialog box that comes up on every download asking you if its a trainer and then putting it into the user-specified directory....
are the trainers available from xbox-saves? alright i will look into it , once the current stuff stabilises Smile

in the meantime, anybody had any locking up issues? i thought i had solved it, but it seems the problem might still exist so if anybody had it and can replicate their actions, i would appreciate as it will make the debugging much easier :p
awesome script man :kickass: xbmc gets better and better everyday thanks to the incredible devs and amazing scriptors like you. cheers dude :bowdown:
yes. there are evox trainers there. but theres not many...
theres other sites with them though...
hm ok, maybe u can give me more info cos i dun use trainers.
1) where's a good place to d/l them?
2) where do i unzip them to? i presume evox/trainers/?
@kear,

thnx for another great script! :bowdown:
well downloading them off xbox saves could cause problems. this is because xbox-saves also do other kinds of trainers (not evo-x ones). they also have a bad choice.

here are some good sites sites to get them:

http://forums.maxconsole.com (in the appropiate section. i know this one is impossible as its a forum based thingy Sad  )

http://trainers.maxconsole.com (this is a place on the same site. its a repositary but its a bit out of date)

now, as you can see all them sites are not really suitable. but i would be extremely happy to help you by hosting a page (updated often) with all the evox trainers i can find on. the page would be extremely simple so you could make it easy. i pay for my hosting so its reliable and i've good knowledge of making them :p (html, php etc).

contact me over msn messenger: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

correct. trainers are placed in /evox/trainers. evox then automatically puts them on its trainer section. the format of the file is '.etm' and the trainers are always zipped. so the script would unzip them and then put it in the correct directory.

i would imagine the user would have to set the directory inside the script before use... (variable). because there evox could be in e, c or f drives.

hope that helped.
adam
(adamscybot @ dec. 20 2004,11:07 Wrote:well downloading them off xbox saves could cause problems. this is because xbox-saves also do other kinds of trainers (not evo-x ones). they also have a bad choice.

here are some good sites sites to get them:

http://forums.maxconsole.com (in the appropiate section. i know this one is impossible as its a forum based thingy Sad )

http://trainers.maxconsole.com (this is a place on the same site. its a repositary but its a bit out of date)

now, as you can see all them sites are not really suitable. but i would be extremely happy to help you by hosting a page (updated often) with all the evox trainers i can find on. the page would be extremely simple so you could make it easy. i pay for my hosting so its reliable and i've good knowledge of making them :p (html, php etc).

contact me over msn messenger: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

correct. trainers are placed in /evox/trainers. evox then automatically puts them on its trainer section. the format of the file is '.etm' and the trainers are always zipped. so the script would unzip them and then put it in the correct directory.

i would imagine the user would have to set the directory inside the script before use... (variable). because there evox could be in e, c or f drives.

hope that helped.
adam
this sound like a good idea :kickass:
sounds like a good idea Smile
think you should make the webpage first, since it should also be easily accessible from the computer as well as xbmc. after that, then i will try grabbing the information, it shouldn't be too hard after that i guess.

good luck :thumbsup:
well. i'm not entirely sure how to make it easy.

i can make something like this:

http://www.ek-clan.vxcomputers.com/trainers/

extremely easily. but do you need and actual site? contact me on the earlier mentioned msn messenger address. (get msn messenger if you dont have it. it's a good way to communicate)

adam
ps http://www.messenger.msn.co.uk/status.aspx this shows that msn messenger is currently down. keep checking.
i've already added u to msn, [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

oh that site wouldn't be a problem. i was just thinking that since you are making a site, might as well make it more accessible to other users without xbmc.

but then again, simplicity is great as well. that site should be ok.
okey dokey. i've seen you've added me. i hope to see you later on!

right, i shall carry on making that site. a quick question. would .rar's cause a problem. do they have to be zips. if they do its still no trouble...

im also scared about my bandwith limits. if i exede it im sure some nice people will find me a free one. lol

adam
ps you may also notice by clicking 'size' on the site you can sort them by size. also last modified (that would be when posted). maybe a feature on the script?

pps in each trainer theres an nfo file. this tells them the options and important notes. i think it's important that the script extracts the nfo to the trainer directory. and when the trainer is downloaded and installed a pop up box is shown saying:

'please view the nfo (filename of nfo here) in *trainer directory here* to see the options and important notes.'

that way people wont moan about things not working correctly. you will also notice the script will have to actually find the filename of the nfo. because most of them are like 'evt-mkd.nfo'.

ppps some nfo files have the same name. ones made by 'deathstar' are always 'deathstar.nfo'. so the script would have to rename it to something like 'deathstar(1).nfo' and so on.

good luck. i know it will take a while with all my moaning. just want it to be perfect :p
i could also host trainers for you too, i got 120 gb bandwith a month if you need it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox-saves0