No Rewind
Hallo,

when i press the "r" key should be rewind the movie - but that does not work. Only when i was 5 times press the "r" key the movie rewinds very fast - no matter what skin I use

This is the FullscreenVideo section in my keyboard.xml:

Code:
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<f>
FastForward
</f>
<r>
Rewind
</r>
<period>
StepForward
</period>
<comma>
StepBack
</comma>
<backspace>
Fullscreen
</backspace>
<quote>
SmallStepBack
</quote>
<opensquarebracket>
BigStepForward
</opensquarebracket>
<closesquarebracket>
BigStepBack
</closesquarebracket>
<return>
OSD
</return>
<enter>
OSD
</enter>
<m>
OSD
</m>
<i>
Info
</i>
<o>
CodecInfo
</o>
<z>
AspectRatio
</z>
<t>
ShowSubtitles
</t>
<l>
NextSubtitle
</l>
<left>
StepBack
</left>
<right>
StepForward
</right>
<up>
BigStepForward
</up>
<down>
BigStepBack
</down>
<a>
AudioDelay
</a>
<escape>
Fullscreen
</escape>
<v>
XBMC.ActivateWindow(Teletext)
</v>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>

Can someone help me is this a bug?

Greetings
strgalt

XBMC Dhama BETA 3
Can't see any thing wrong with the section you posted, perhaps you might need to look somewhere else!

What windows version are you using?
Are you using a remote or just using your keyboard?
When did this issue start?
was it working fine and suddenly stopped? Are you running eventghost?

can you give more info please! maybe if you post a debug log can help, there are far more knowledgeable people than me around here who can help you but you need to give us more info to be able to help.

Any ways can't comment about Dharma Beta3 because I'm still running Beta2 for now.
hi,

for a test i redefine the funktion for the key "r" in the keyboard.xml. Now "r" shows the Info- but only when i press the first time "r", from the second time the movie is fast forwarding.

It does not matter whether I use the keyboard or mouse - its the same problem.
I do not know when the beginning has - i´m a new XBMC user and i start it with Beta 3 and as it has always been.

OS: Winows 7 Premium x64 (german) (sry for my english Smile )
RM: Logitech Harmony 250 received with Soundgraph IMON managed with the IMON- Manager (it sends keyboardmassages)
Eventghost: No

Can you say me where i can found the debug log? I have already enable the debug function in XBMC?

thx
strgalt
strgalt Wrote:hi,

for a test i redefine the funktion for the key "r" in the keyboard.xml. Now "r" shows the Info- but only when i press the first time "r", from the second time the movie is fast forwarding.

It does not matter whether I use the keyboard or mouse - its the same problem.
I do not know when the beginning has - i´m a new XBMC user and i start it with Beta 3 and as it has always been.

OS: Winows 7 Premium x64 (german) (sry for my english Smile )
RM: Logitech Harmony 250 received with Soundgraph IMON managed with the IMON- Manager (it sends keyboardmassages)
Eventghost: No

Can you say me where i can found the debug log? I have already enable the debug function in XBMC?

thx
strgalt

The debug log should be in here, assuming C:\ where windows is installed: "C:\Users\[your windows user name]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log"
ok, you can download the log file here:
http://www.rapidshare.com/files/425638742/xbmc.log

Here is my keyboard.xml
http://www.rapidshare.com/files/425642895/keyboard.xml

I´ve seen, if i want to rewind, the massage "rw x 2" is shown on the screen but the movie will forward.

Thx
strgalt
Your harmony remote is sending the signal twice every time you press the button.

Try this:
Open Logitech Harmony Remote software, Click the Devices tab, select settings on whatever device you setup for your Media Center Remote, choose Troubleshoot, choose ***device*** responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally., try setting to 0.

0 works or most people perfectly as long as your remote pointing in the right direction.
i do not think it´s the remote. When i press the "r" key on my keyboard i have the same problem.

thx
strgalt
It's still a good option to set to get the best response from a harmony remote (no double clicks and such). You should try it anyways. Its easy to change back. Default is set to 3 I think.
I am also having the same issue. Rewind just doesn't work. On closer inspection I see that its trying to rewind but its also trying to move forward...with the forward motion winning out. As such, the only way to move backward is to skip back to the previous chapter.

I'm not using a remote control - I'm not using a keyboard shortcut - I'm simply clicking on the rewind icon with the mouse cursor during video playback. Clicking once, twice, three times - makes no difference.

I'm using XBMC 9.11 on Windows XP.

Any help is appreciated.
If I remember correctly, fast forward works, and rewind hasn't for a while. I started with Camelot and rewind has never worked while playing a DVD on either of my computers.
I second this question. Rewind has never worked for me either. I am using Dharma B3 and older v.9 on Windows XP SP3 using the rewind icon in the OSD using my mouse. This is when watching DVDs i have ripped to full filesystem copies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Rewind0