Skin for Touchscreen monitor?
Just asking if someone has experiences with a Touchscreen monitor.
Is there a special skin for that?
The best skin so far that I've found for a touch screen is Jezz's Basics-101. It works fantastic on my touch screen. The only downsides I have found with it so far are the fact that it is not compatible with the latest releases of XBMC, and I've been having difficulty getting the music OSD to come up properly, which is a bit of a pain because I'm sort of using the touch screen as a jukebox in my garage.

I have limited coding skills, but I've been digging through it a bit to try to figure it out. I don't know if the skin will get an official update, but if you're willing to use the 9.11 stable release, it should work pretty well for you.
Thank you remedee for your info, I will have a look into this. Because 9.11 is fully enough for my jukebox too!

I found another one which is a mod of the confluence and as I know its made for dharma beta 2 in the moment.....
the link is: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70366

I will try both later after work and will give a short info here than.....
So I tried the Confluence Touch me with Dharma 3, all is working nearly perfect.
I think just a few changes and it will be perfect.....Really good touch solution, just the scrolling in file list is missing!
Thanks for the heads up on the Confluence mod. I liked the way it looked, but it seemed kind of buggy for me, and a lot of the text and things look just a little bit off to me. It might be the angle that my touch screen is tilted, but I think I will stick with Jezz's skin for now. I re-installed everything and the OSD is working properly. Right now the ONLY problem I'm having with the skin is trying to stop the visualizations when music is playing. So far the only way I can get out of the visualizations using touch is to press stop from the OSD.

I might try to see if I can make a hotspot on the screen somewhere that will change the display back to the files while the vis is still playing in the background (similar to the X button on the old school xbox).
sascho Wrote:Really good touch solution, just the scrolling in file list is missing!

please testing the "Joggler.skin"
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
Yes I will testing the joggler definately....
@djtoll Very nice work! I really like a lot of what you're doing with the touch mods for Confluence and with Joggler. There are a few issues I have that are keeping me from using it every day. Some are technical, but most are visual and very much just my opinion. Overall everything is much better than anything I could do Smile Here are a few of my issues with Jobbler:

Scrolling still seems a bit off in file views, touching and dragging the scrollbar doesn't always work.
The playing panel pops up from the left side when closing the now playing OSD using touch. It doesn't happen when using the mouse.
Also, the OSD is much larger and off to the left in Jobbler than it is in the Confluence mod. I think the Confluence one looks a bit better.
The now playing info when on the home screen is a bit high and large on the lower right and it overlaps the music controls a little bit. Perhaps lowering it some and maybe making the album icon a bit smaller might look better.
The reload skin button on the home screen is up and to the left of the other buttons, instead of in line with them as on the alternate views.
I personally like the alternate views better, but is there a way you would consider skinning and/or centering them, rather than aligning to the left?

As I said in a previous post, I have been using the Basics-101 skin for a while now and I like it, but it has not been update for a long time and is missing quite a few new features. The Confluence skin is great for pc and remote control use, but I think big clear buttons are far more functional for a touch screen instead of the vertical menu on the left with Confluence and other skins.

I realize some of the things I'm experiencing that I haven't listed may be due to the beta state of XBMC, but since most are only happening in the Jobbler skin, I think it's safe to say a few tweaks will go a long way! I hope some of this feedback helps because the mod/skin looks pretty great so far. If I can be of any help with testing features or changes, please let me know.

remedee
Ok, I restarted everything and I think the scrolling issue may have fixed itself. I took a few screencaps of some of the other things I referred to:

Here is the OSD off centered

Home screen now playing info

I think I took this one in Confluence, but the reload skin button is in the same place for both skins.

This is what I was referring to when I suggested skinning the icons and possibly centering them:

Everything about JOGGLER we continue here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84175

greetz djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin for Touchscreen monitor?0