Python shoutcast pls downloader
i forgot: the webserver doesn´t work,too. i don´t know if the problem belongs to the other, i get a "pragma: no-cache cache-control: no-cache content-type: text/html " message while trying to browse the xbox.

@Hullebulle
of course i did extract the python.rar in the right place. i have a "python" and a "script"-folder with its contents in the xbmc folder.
very nice script, i like it :-)
oh and another idea. user selects a music categorie, then selects a station which is shown in the list. then download the pls file, parse it and display all stations in that pls file.
after the user selected a station replace http:// in the url with shout:// and use xbmc.mediaplay("shout://selectedstation") to start playing.

systemerror: null result without error in pyobject_call
means there as been an error, but the function didn't tell python what the error was excatly. most likely that this script is sending wrong values to urllib2.

since i don't get this error, could you paste all all errors you get?

oh, and the webserver doesn't have anything to do with python (unless you are using python server pages, which aren't used anywhere yet)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i heard somebody else had the same webserver issue and fixed it by making sure the time/date was properly set on the xbox itself (timeserver maybe).

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
the full message output:

--> python initalized <--
traceback (most recent call last):
file "q:\scripts\shoutcast_update.py, line 29 in ?
import urllib2, os, sys, traceback
systemerror: null result without error in pyobject_call
thanx...but still no go.
i have this dir setup:
xbmc root
mplayer
etc.
python ---- extracted rar files
scripts
your python folder should have lib, spyce, temp dirs with contents in just lib and spyce.. is that the case?

ts

yes, thats exactly teh case (for me). i´ve looked into the lib folder. there is an urllib2.py, an os.py and a traceback.py but no sys.py. i interprete the line "import urllib2, os, sys, traceback" in that way, that python should import these libraries. could the missing sys.py be the problem?
dunno.. i made no changes and it worked fine...

let's try to compare our installs here:

e:/apps/xbmc

the python dir is lowercase

e:/apps/xbmc/python

the lib directory is as follows:

e:/apps/xbmc/python/lib

scripts are in:

e:/apps/xbmc/scripts

not sure what else the problem can be.

ts

i have installed everything in exactly the same folders than you have. hope someone could help. getting the channels through the gui sounds like a dream Smile
@tslayer
do you have that sys.py in your lib folder?
sys is hard coded into the python core, you won't find it in the lib dir.
try seperating the import stuff and see where it goes wrong

import urllib2
import os
import sys
import traceback

you´ve been right, its the urllib2.py. but why? whats the difference to other installs?
try copying that lib dir again, maybe something got broken?
and make sure you are using the lib for python 2.3, not some other version

and failing what darkie suggested, i suggest a reinstall.

i had the same error originally when i forgot to uncompress the python.rar. i mean, you have uncompressed it, but all this seem to show that it can't find the file obviously.

i really do suggest carefully going over your directory structure again and check case-sensitivity. otherwise, i have no idea why it would not work.

ts

Star 
yes, finally it works!
when i first tried to use python i did this:
"extract the directories from python.rar cvs\xbmc\python\python.rar)" and it didn´t work, as you know Wink then i read the nfo from the binary i downloaded and did this: "for python scripting support, get python.rar from the xbmc-2004-01-02 package" and it works fine now! there seems to be something wrong with the cvs python.rar, could someone please verify this?

i wanna thank you all for your help. python scripting on the xbox seems to be a fantastic possibility to easily develop some extra functions. i will now try to read and understand the python documentation and code some small things on my own to learn about it. again, thank you for this!
omg, forgot to look in here. nice to hear if you like the script.
and yes i have this idea with an online shoutcast browsing, but absolutly no time to implement it. described it somewhere in the forum.

but i think there needs to be more stuff for that:
-button support
-interface to get xbmc's resolution for layouting the ui

thats all i can think about for now...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python shoutcast pls downloader0