HDMI audio problem with 5.1 / DTS/Dolby d
Yeah but did you download and install the HDMI driver? - there is no HDMI driver in your set-up.
Ranger Rob: Thats your remote desktop audio your looking at (the audio that sends to your remote client). Open your sound setup on your local pc and you will see your hdmi setup. Or was it just the wrong picture again? Smile
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
Steelman,

I downloaded all of the current drivers from the link I posted. I assume that driver is in the package for the chipset. It is not listed separately. Would you mind taking a look at that link and see if they are just missing and need to be downloaded elsewhere.

Starchild,

It comes up differently if I use remote desktop? I thought the configuration was the configuration. I will try and log in locally and see if there is a difference.

R
Starchild, you were right. It does appear differently locally. The HDMI Drivers are there, they are up to date, and it is the default sound output.

That kind of rules that out as a cause of the problem.

Any other ideas on why I can't output 5.1 sound in XBMC?
They were there seperately - Geoforce 9300 Onboard Nvidia HDMI Audio Driver - 5th from bottom. If you are certain - this time Big Grin - that you have everything loaded correctly. Make sure you configure the Windows System to 5.1 sound.

Highlight the HDMI driver in the sounds control panel and in bottom left hand corner choose the configuration button - follow the instructions from there to set-up 5.1 sound.
That fixed it Steelman!!

Thank you very much for your help and being so patient in my inability to show what my problem actually was. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI audio problem with 5.1 / DTS/Dolby d0