As I can know if I am watching a movie with DXVA
Hello.
As I can know if I am watching a movie with DXVA.
Greetings.
Firstly it has to be activated - System\Video\Playback\Activate Hardware Acceleration (dxva2). Thereafter, pressing 'o' during movie playback will provide details of codec used and CPU utilisation.
Activate the Hardware Acceleration option not see it. And of all the parameters on the screen when you press O, what is the acceleration indicating DXVA?
califa, what version of XBMC are you running? On what hardware?
XBMC PRE-10.5 r31520 (compiled: jun 30 2010).

Hardware:

CPU: AMD ATHLON II X4 630 Processor
RAM: 4 gb.
GPU: ATI Radeon 4200
Hmmm... wait for a developer to show up. Your 4200 should support DXVA.

You might want to try upgrading to Dharma beta.
Califa - Are you by any chance using WinXP - DXVA2 is only availble in Vista and Win7.
steelman1991 Wrote:Califa - Are you by any chance using WinXP - DXVA2 is only availble in Vista and Win7.

Yes, I am using Windows XP.

And, what would be the approximate percentage of CPU usage with DXVA acceleration?. I'm getting a percentage of 15% to 20%. In those movies that require much movement, I get 30%.
As mentioned above, DXVA2 requires Windows 7 or Vista.

However, you could use an external player or I believe the DSPlayer builds work under XP - however it can take a little setting up to get 100% right.
califa101 Wrote:Yes, I am using Windows XP.

And, what would be the approximate percentage of CPU usage with DXVA acceleration?. I'm getting a percentage of 15% to 20%. In those movies that require much movement, I get 30%.
With full DXVA2 acceleration, CPU usage using an ATI 5450, varies between 1% and 5%.

But as I and prae5 have both pointed out you won't get that using XP and native xbmc builds, you will either have to upgrade to Win7/Vista, or consider using an external player or the DSPlayer branch.

Good Luck.
For example, with the movie 300 I get a CPU usage of about 15%. I think it's too much for DXVA acceleration, right?
You are not using DXVA2 on XP.
Then do not do ... I can not get get DXVASad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
As I can know if I am watching a movie with DXVA0