Season Image, location and name?
Quick question, if I wan't XBMC to use images in the actual folder of my tv shows. Then what name and what location do I have to use for the image in this view: Image

Do I put a image in the folder: Lost/Season 3 and name it folder or do I put a Season 3.tbn in the main Lost folder?

Also, can I just rename an image (.png or .jpg) of correct dimensions to .tbn or do I need an imagetool of some sort for that?
Season thumbs are standard in xbmc and apply to all skins.
These are found in the root folder of your series and the format is: seasonXX.tbn

Examples: season06.tbn, season12.tbn, season24.tbn

TBN files are generally jpgs however I've used a variety of formats in the past and xbmc didn't seem to care.
Thank you for a very fast reply.
I have renamed a the folder.jpg to season01.tbn and put it in this folder:
C:\Users\KOROR\Desktop\TV Shows\Heroes
But the Season 1 image still doesn't change, I've tried scanning for new content and updating library, but with no luck. What am I doing wrong?
You can either set them one by one on season level, press 'c' on the image and select "Set Season Thumb"

Or I assume a "refresh" in TV info screen works too...Or remove source and rescan works also

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Refreshing in the TV Shows somehow worked, I tried this earlier in Videos/TV Show without luck, guess the result is different depending which screen in XBMC you are viewing :-)

Thnaks for your help guys
man its been so long....

when I go into my tv shows I am using fanart view I think its just the logo up at the top of the screen, when I click lost, instead of getting season folders I end up with all episodes available for the picking.

do I need to change views, if so what view needs to be changed to get the view in the first post?

-=Jason=-

Edit: was the image used in the first post scraped or custom made?
1. So you are skipping the season level? If yes I think it's called "flatten tv show" under settings->video

2. That view is only available if using Landscape thumbs, no poster/banner checked. Technically available if using landscape.jpg option but only on tv level...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
ahh I think I might have the flatten TV show ticked. I'll have to change that when I get home.

-=Jason=-
Using Ember and MediaInfo + buit-in scraber has created a LOT of different images in the tv show folder.

All i want is the following images:
image for background
image for the tv show itself (16x9)
images for the different seasons incl. all seasons

What do I name these and what extension .tbn or .jpg and where do I put them?

As you can see below I have way to many images:

The main Heroes folder:
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
Heroes.fanart.jpg
Heroes.jpg
Heroes.tbn
Heroes-fanart.jpg
logo.png
poster.jpg
poster.tbn
season01.tbn