Singles support. Artist view issues.
I'd just like a quick clarification on viewing the artist for singles added to the library. I've read the blog posting by Jonathan first, so I think I've done everything right as the singles are showing up just fine in the "Singles" section of the library. I'm using Dharma beta 3, BTW.

[1] Artists don't seem to show up in the artist view when I have only singles (and no albums) under any particular artist , e.g.

Code:
Taio Cruz/
    Dynamite.mp3

Note that for that mp3 single, the album tag is blank and the artist tag exactly matches the folder name, but the artist doesn't show up in the artists view. Is this correct (bug or feature)? Does there also need to be albums under the artist for Taio Cruz to show up in artists view?

[2] Under another artist folder I have several albums and a single. However, when I view all albums by artist (from the artist view) there is no "Singles" group as suggested there should be in the blog posting, e.g.

Code:
David Guetta/
    One Love/
    Love is Gone/
    Club Can't Handle me.mp3

Note that in this case the mp3 artist on that single is slightly different to the artist folder, i.e. "David Guetta feat. Flo Rida". Is this why the "Singles" group is not showing up along with the albums by artist?

Thanks a bunch!

*** Solved! ***

User error on my part. After trying it on a clean Dharma install it all worked perfectly, so I dug a little deeper....It seems that the tag for both those mp3's had the "part of a compilation" flag checked. As I had "Include artists who appear only on compilations" unchecked, these weren't appearing in the artist list. All fixed now by removing the "part of a compilation" tag.

Singles support rocks! Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Singles support. Artist view issues.0