Release GoogleImages
(2014-06-04, 18:45)xbmcv111 Wrote: i like your google addon its nice....... but i want to get rid of a save image that i dont like but i cant remove it..... can u please help me out......

From the home menu under System use the file manager to browse to the saved file. Select it and use the context menu to delete it. You may have to enable the delete option in settings.
What happen to the addon, we can't show a slideshow of pictures like before, now when you select a picture we get irrelevant images as apposed to the fullscreen image? How do I get the old version back?
(2015-01-06, 08:08)ST4RL Wrote: What happen to the addon, we can't show a slideshow of pictures like before, now when you select a picture we get irrelevant images as apposed to the fullscreen image? How do I get the old version back?

+1. I have had this issue for a year now and I would love it to actually do a slideshow.

Currently, on a random search, I get the correct list of images, but when I click on one, it just opens to a list of the one image and, as said above, a bunch of irrelevant images. I cannot go from image to image.
(2015-01-06, 08:08)ST4RL Wrote: What happen to the addon, we can't show a slideshow of pictures like before, now when you select a picture we get irrelevant images as apposed to the fullscreen image? How do I get the old version back?

(2015-01-12, 11:47)xbmcwayist Wrote:

+1. I have had this issue for a year now and I would love it to actually do a slideshow.

Currently, on a random search, I get the correct list of images, but when I click on one, it just opens to a list of the one image and, as said above, a bunch of irrelevant images. I cannot go from image to image.

Back in this post I mentioned why this is the case. Google dropped the API and even with page scraping I can no longer determine the actual image URL in a search result, which is why it instead returns the images from the page that the result is on. It is up to the user to find the image that was in the result. I attempt to sort the images with the most likely matches at the top, which is the best I can do.
(2015-01-12, 19:33)ruuk Wrote:

(2015-01-12, 11:47)xbmcwayist Wrote:

Back in this post I mentioned why this is the case. Google dropped the API and even with page scraping I can no longer determine the actual image URL in a search result, which is why it instead returns the images from the page that the result is on. It is up to the user to find the image that was in the result. I attempt to sort the images with the most likely matches at the top, which is the best I can do.

Oops, sorry about that. I missed that paragraph. I did notice you posted under a 'Note' section in the add-on info page about this, but I was just hoping it could be tweaked to fix that; or give an option to either choose all images on a result page, or the alternative.

That is a shame they changed up the API on you as I would much prefer a fullscreen browse of the top results of a random google image search, similar to the same ability I get on an Android device through any ole web browser.

Well, thanks for the quick confirmation that it is not possible, and why not. I still appreciate the best you can do. Smile
Since there is nothing you can currently do to make it work fullscreen like some of us want due to the limits given to you by the API, I am actually trying to get some of the skin developers to include a Fullscreen View. I've played around with some skins already and noticed some views, such as Cover Wrap, or even Poster, can create a fairly large image per item which you can view, so I figure it cannot be too tough to include a Fullscreen View as well.

That would be what is needed to make any search turn up results in fullscreen. Hopefully this will come to play soon.
(2015-01-13, 23:29)xbmcwayist Wrote: Since there is nothing you can currently do to make it work fullscreen like some of us want due to the limits given to you by the API, I am actually trying to get some of the skin developers to include a Fullscreen View. I've played around with some skins already and noticed some views, such as Cover Wrap, or even Poster, can create a fairly large image per item which you can view, so I figure it cannot be too tough to include a Fullscreen View as well.

That would be what is needed to make any search turn up results in fullscreen. Hopefully this will come to play soon.

There actually is no longer an API, I now have to scrape the search results.

Also I'm not sure what your are describing here. You can still get a fullscreen view of the image by finding the correct image from the list of page images that you get when you click on the result. The problem is that I cannot determine in code which image on the page is correct, and that is the reason I can't display it fullscreen automatically.

Incidentally, I noticed error messages when testing, so obviously the addon is in need of some love Smile
(2015-01-14, 01:03)ruuk Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 23:29)xbmcwayist Wrote: Since there is nothing you can currently do to make it work fullscreen like some of us want due to the limits given to you by the API, I am actually trying to get some of the skin developers to include a Fullscreen View. I've played around with some skins already and noticed some views, such as Cover Wrap, or even Poster, can create a fairly large image per item which you can view, so I figure it cannot be too tough to include a Fullscreen View as well.

There actually is no longer an API, I now have to scrape the search results.

Also I'm not sure what your are describing here. You can still get a fullscreen view of the image by finding the correct image from the list of page images that you get when you click on the result. The problem is that I cannot determine in code which image on the page is correct, and that is the reason I can't display it fullscreen automatically.

Incidentally, I noticed error messages when testing, so obviously the addon is in need of some love Smile

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant to say is to get skin developers to include a Fullscreen view as one of the views possible in their respective skins. if this were to happen, your addon would work perfect, even as it is. If so, nothing would be need to be done on your end; only on theirs.

For example, when using your addon, on whatever skin I'm on, I can always change the view to whatever one I want. The Google Image results that are on the screen after a search through your addon get shown in whatever view I have set. Some make the results huge, some make them super small, some medium-sized, and etc. Now, if there was just a view that could make each result as a fullscreen image, then it would be great.

Hope that makes more sense. The idea really has nothing to do with your addon. If I could get a fullscreen view option in a theme I could set your addon's home page to this new fullscreen view option, and get fullscreen images for each result. The same could be said for other picture addons as well. Or really, any addons which have an image/poster/whatever to display.

Finally, as for your comment above, I know I could get the fullscreen image of a particular result just by clicking it, and getting into its submenu list of images found on that particular website. But to change to another image, I would have to press 'back' and then go to another one, click it, and then do the same over and over to see all the images that a random search in your addon provided. Hence the reason why a simple fullscreen view in a skin would negate the need to even click a specific result, since all the images found in the search results are fullscreen to begin with.

Anyway, thanks for the updates. Look forward to any updates you may do to this. I'll be honest and say I haven't used your addon much, but it was mainly a result of not having an easy way to slideshow results. Hope to use more, though, as I see it a great thing to play around with and share stuff on Google.
Hello

What is wrong in this code.If someone can explain to me.

<content target="pictures">plugin://plugin.image.google/?mode=search&amp;name=$INFO[Skin.String(MovieName)]&amp;page=1&amp;url=$INFO[Skin.String(MovieName)]&quot;,return)</content>
</control>
Google is cool, but there are a lot of other services.

http://free-stock-illustration.com
Hi guys!. Can anybody help me?. I'm looking for an add-on in order to see my Google Photos in my Google account. Does anybody knows of any?. I tried the add-on picasaweb but I have not had very good experience with the login on the account. When I try to enter into "Albums" it does nothing. Of course I've registered my e-mail and password before into the config screen. Regards...
DroidIris on Android currently does what this addon doesnt.

Slidshows with full res images coming out of a google image search.

The negatives are far more abrupt screen transitions and that it uses the default Android Background on the image viewer - which on some devices might be grey and not black.

I know that this feature isnt something google wants to support - but no slideshows and browsing through folders isnt exactly a valid alternative.

@ruuk: As you code the majority of usable image plugins for Kodi - Bing might be worth a look as well, direct links are very easy to come by there.
(2015-08-07, 15:18)jcarrascodc Wrote: Hi guys!. Can anybody help me?. I'm looking for an add-on in order to see my Google Photos in my Google account. Does anybody knows of any?. I tried the add-on picasaweb but I have not had very good experience with the login on the account. When I try to enter into "Albums" it does nothing. Of course I've registered my e-mail and password before into the config screen. Regards...

Hi,
I am also having trouble accessing my Picasa (Google) albums from Kodi. I tried both google and picasa web add-ons and they simply don't work. Went through the authorization rigamarole several times.
I am using an Android TV box with Kodi 16.1. It uses a Rockchip R3368. When I click on "Albums" it says "working" but then does nothing. And many times when I click on something a search box comes up which is very annoying. I don't want to search- I just want me albums back!
At one point I got my profile picture but then that stopped coming appearing. Also: I'm using the Black Glass Nova skin (if that has any influence).
Thanks in advance for your support.

Mike
(2016-02-20, 10:22)harlekin Wrote: DroidIris on Android currently does what this addon doesnt.

Slidshows with full res images coming out of a google image search.

The negatives are far more abrupt screen transitions and that it uses the default Android Background on the image viewer - which on some devices might be grey and not black.

I know that this feature isnt something google wants to support - but no slideshows and browsing through folders isnt exactly a valid alternative.

@ruuk: As you code the majority of usable image plugins for Kodi - Bing might be worth a look as well, direct links are very easy to come by there.
I originally wrote this addon using the google search API. It had a limit on results, but otherwise worked well.
A few years back they dropped that API, so I did some quick code to try to make it somewhat usable.
I don't know if the site has changed since then or if the android developer just put in the effort to make it work, but I was not then and am not now interested in writing or maintaining a google image scraper. My original purpose when writing this addon was to give the ability to search and download images, so slideshows was never something I had in mind.

Maybe someone out there who has a greater interest will take a crack at it, but I don't currently have the time or desire.
(2016-08-29, 06:00)mike06950 Wrote:
(2015-08-07, 15:18)jcarrascodc Wrote: Hi guys!. Can anybody help me?. I'm looking for an add-on in order to see my Google Photos in my Google account. Does anybody knows of any?. I tried the add-on picasaweb but I have not had very good experience with the login on the account. When I try to enter into "Albums" it does nothing. Of course I've registered my e-mail and password before into the config screen. Regards...

Hi,
I am also having trouble accessing my Picasa (Google) albums from Kodi. I tried both google and picasa web add-ons and they simply don't work. Went through the authorization rigamarole several times.
I am using an Android TV box with Kodi 16.1. It uses a Rockchip R3368. When I click on "Albums" it says "working" but then does nothing. And many times when I click on something a search box comes up which is very annoying. I don't want to search- I just want me albums back!
At one point I got my profile picture but then that stopped coming appearing. Also: I'm using the Black Glass Nova skin (if that has any influence).
Thanks in advance for your support.

Mike

Google has deprecated the Picasa Web API, so you are not alone in your experience. Right now I don't personally know of a useful alternative, but there is talk about another developer creating something to access Google albums. Hopefully something comes of that.
Just so that you are aware, the addon that is the topic of this thread is not related to what you are trying to do Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GoogleImages0